If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What are you playing today?

1467468469470471473»

Comments

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    Okay. To continue my .hack marathon; I've been playing Mutation lately when I'm not on XIV. I'm pretty near to the end.

Hopefuly in a day or two.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • Michael BakerMichael Baker RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Well, I reached the final boss of Magical Vacation, but I appear to be under-leveled. Like, by 10 levels or more. Most of the later bosses in this game tend to rip massive new ones on the first try, but this guy's a one-turn-TPK. So... I'll keep working at it a bit, mess around with it on commutes, but I should move on for the sake of my own sanity.

So I'm giving Super Heroine Chronicle (Vita) a chance. It's... basically Super Robot Wars, but with obscure magical girl anime instead of the usual mecha. My own sanity is hating me right now.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2018
    I swear it took over 40 attempts, but I finally got a group of people who knew the Behemoth fight in Monster Hunter: World and killed it. It was only my 2nd or 3rd time making it to the last phase, and it's hard enough that even that group barely won. I tried it a few more times to get the last parts I needed to make the glaive and kinsect, goofed around in the game for a week, and I think I'm done with the game unless another interesting event comes out.

I had a rare occurrence yesterday in Overwatch where my team destroyed our opponents, stayed together, queued as a group of six for a couple hours, and won all but two matches. The game is so much fun when you're with a team of good people, communicating, all being awesome. Even when we lost, I enjoyed the matches because that's how I want to play the game. Oversumo has me in the 82nd percentile across all the games I played yesterday; I nice reminder that I am indeed better at this game than my SR places me.

And I picked up Octopath Traveler tonight to play while half-watching college football. I played the demo, so I'm restarting 3 hours into the game. I can tell it's a "meh" game to me, but it'll be perfect for football season.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Ryan RadcliffRyan Radcliff Caballero The WoodRPGamer Staff
    edited September 2018
    Now that Nier is 100% beaten, my attention is back to DQ11. Sorry Moon Dwellers, I wanted to play and beat you first, but when wifey surprised me with a copy of DQ11, I could not resist. These games have a gripping sense of familiarity to me. It makes me feel right at home when I jump into a new one. Dragon Quest is like riding a bike?
    "Rules do not exist to bind you. They exist so you may know your freedoms."
    I've been playing The Lost Child for a couple of weeks. I finished chapter 4 today and finally can capture angels. The game gives away the narrative a bit by letting you collect good karma while stating that you'll only fight neutral and evil astrals for the first 4 chapters. Clearly chapter 5 was going to be when Heaven gets pissed at you, and given what's going on, there was only one obvious way that would happen. Dungeons are too long, or the combat rate is too high. Whichever. I'm sorta having fun, but I also fall asleep while playing it, which isn't something that happens in engaging games.

And I've been playing Octopath Traveler while watching football. I'm enjoying having multiple, unique characters to pick between. I started with Primrose because her story sounded dark and I like support roles, but I can honestly say she's about the worst character in the game in combat. I don't know why her buffs only target one party member. It makes them useless. I'm doing my third chapter two right now. I use the dancer, hunter, thief, and scholar, swapping out the thief for the alchemist for bosses so I have a healer. I'll be rotating everyone in for the rest of the chapter 2s so they all stay leveled. It's more fun than I expected it to be, though I wish it were a bit more difficult. I had the most fun at the difficulty spike moving from chapter 1 zones to chapter 2 zones.
    I started Thronebreaker last night and played to the end of the Lyria storyline. It's what it sells itself to be, but the Gwent fights are all puzzles of some type. Even the fights that aren't technically puzzles often have an odd condition to overcome. I was expecting to make a deck and pound my way through battles with it, like a normal CCG, and have that supplemented with a bare-bones resource management system for upgrading and obtaining cards, but what I got was more of a puzzle game, and I spend nearly all my resources on camp and world-building, not cards.

It's fine. It's just not quite what I expected or wanted.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited January 3
    Okay, started over..for the third time..on Final Fantasy 8. May I actually...BEAT IT...this time. This game has been in my backlog far too long and I'd like to finish it, mess with 'Cat's Pocketstation, and return both game and Pocketstation to him.

Also been in Animal Crossing; New Leaf again. Never mentioned this in the beaten thread b/c well. I don't think it has a end really. ^^ Now that I got the room I was using for a bathroom fully enlarged, I might ask on communites if anyone would be willing to sell me one of the bath sets at cost..
    My personal page
    edited February 12
    I'll come back to FF8, but Kingdom Hearts 3 has had my undivided attention lately. I'm just about to the last world before the end..Just so everyone knows, it's a really fun romp, but if you haven't played ALL the KH games including the "spinoffs" or at least looked up a story summary on Youtube, you will be lost bigtime with the story. It's the usual delightful mess.

I'll put up a better unofficial review once I actually beat it, though.
    My personal page
  • Ryan RadcliffRyan Radcliff Caballero The WoodRPGamer Staff
    Currently playing CrossCode and enjoying it for the most part. These puzzles though, ouch! They can be tricky, downright annoying at times, but I am slowly making my way through the content. About to join a RAID!
    "Rules do not exist to bind you. They exist so you may know your freedoms."