The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• NikauNikau Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Mhmm, right now I'm watching Castle in the Sky while playing Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War & some random computer maintanance.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Beat Sora's story in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and near the end of "<span class="spoiler">Riku's</span>" part. Then onto Kingdom Hearts II.

The battle system gets annoying in CoM in Sora's playthrough. I'm kind of thankful for the "closed deck" rules in "<span class="spoiler">Riku's</span>" bit; though I miss being able to card break as frequently as I did.
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Time for a little Final Fantasy IX. The last of the PSX-era FF's that I haven't played ?smile1.png

• NanoNano New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Magna Carta - I love it. It's a new release over here in Australia but it was worth the wait (only 9 more days till Dragon Quest, yay!). Love the battle system... I know it's a little different, but I love it so much.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Goodness, I'd love to be able to stop playing Oblivion someday... Maybe when I've got all 50 Achievements (I'm up to 22)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    57 hours. 108 stars completed. Final boss was a pushover.

Moving on to Kingdom Hearts 2.
  • FinchFinch Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    All this talk about Final Fantasy VIII pushed me back into it. Man do I love this game. The junction system is still kwirky as ever, but as you get used to it it's pure magic.

Oblivion here and there, too.
  • ZebulunZebulun Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I finished Gun tonight, and played some Contra 3 and Mega Man X.
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I finished Gun tonight[/QUOTE]

My hat goes off to you. That game was a prettily-packaged letdown, especially if you played it on XBox360. smile2.png
  • SuikojinSuikojin Danger Zone! Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I am like on chapter 19 or 20 on Suikoden Tactics and I also started playing Ico, I am about 3 hours into that and just got the sword. Oooo... very cool game.
    Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    15 hours into Kingdom Hearts II. Awesome.
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I also started playing Ico, I am about 3 hours into that and just got the sword. Oooo... very cool game.[/QUOTE]

Very cool game? That's a very big understatement. smile10.png Ico is god-like.
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Yeah. Were I to review Ico, the only thing keeping it from being a 10 would be its short length. I want more! smile5.png
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(SorenLovesIke @ Apr. 06 2006,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I also started playing Ico, I am about 3 hours into that and just got the sword. Oooo... very cool game.[/QUOTE]

Very cool game? That's a very big understatement. smile10.png Ico is god-like.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Ico is a thing of beauty. From the gorgeous environments right down to the save points ?smile1.png

U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Yeah. ?Were I to review Ico, the only thing keeping it from being a 10 would be its short length. ?I want more! ?[/QUOTE]

Part of me agrees with you. It certainly is a short game, but looking back, it feels longer than the game time shows. ?They packed a lot in a short amount of time. I feel like it was a complete experience, and I don't think the length was a damper to my enjoyment any.

As for the topic at hand, today I'll mostly be playing some more FF IX.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Putting KH2 aside, I think I'm gonna continue my newest run of SMTIII.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited April 2006
    Just played the Steambot Chronicles demo. Pretty cute; definitely interesting, but the controls are awkward and it seems to suffer from slowdown. Like when you rotate the camera. Plus, it's an Amnesiac Hero &#153; plotline.

The voice work that accompanies the title screen is humorous. They tell you that you can be "the villain" and enjoy "a relaxing non-linear adventure." In the demo itself you get some dialogue options to choose from (sweet, rude, etc.), and I'd like to see if choosing certain styles exclude future comments or something like that. Also, I think there's a storyline branch there too, but I have to replay it. I did check out the billiards mini-game, though. Lost pretty badly, too.
  • AzertyAzerty New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    A demo of Shadow Hearts: From the New World. I might buy it.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Working through KH2. With all the work I do, I only put in about 5 hours this week smile5.png
  • thinkfreemindthinkfreemind Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I'm playing Suikoden V, and loving it. smile1.png
  • sierra.freaksierra.freak New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I'm playing Aveyond, one of the best RPGs I've ever played...Even though I have Suikoden V and the first three games are among my fave games of all time, with Suikoden II at the top of the list, I'm so wrapped up in Aveyond, that Suikoden V hasn't even been opened yet...
    edited April 2006
    Just beat Castlevania: Dawn of Souls "<span class="spoiler">on Julius Mode</span>"; earning my last ending for the game. Also, I'm at "<span class="spoiler">Timeless River</span>" in Kingdom Hearts II. I'd be playing more of it, but my fiancee has declared KHII a spectator sport.

Time for that run of the Suikoden games - all six (including Tactics) back-to-back if I can manage it.
    edited April 2006
    Finished everything but the lvl 99 cup in KH2 in about 40 minutes.... kinda wish the arena would have been a bit bigger, or at least the size it was in the first game.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Currently playing Suikoden V, and I must say I'm rather enjoying it, except for cursor and menu problems that I've heard mentioned before. After that it's on to Kingdom Heart 2.
    Man, only a month til I'm married, I best be getting this back log of games out of the way.
  • zenglandzengland New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I just started Suikoden 1 for the first time.
    I'm WAY behind on my stack of games.
  • SylonSylon New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    DW8 and I'm satisfied, but it ain't one of my favorites.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I'm back from a week in China and picking up Kingdom Hearts II for a second play through whilst I complete all the secrets/sidequests on my first. I'm currently trying to max out my drive forms (Valor and Wisdom done, still working on Master).
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Lots of KHII. When someone else wants to play the PS2, though, I jump over to Baten Kaitos or Super Smash Brothers Melee. Jugglypuff shreds the faces of all who oppose her. Hail Purin.
    edited April 2006
    On the console front I don't have anything unfinished, so I played around with one of my DDS files. Seth went down in 6 rounds or something. Wasn't that fun when the only thing that can damage me whatsoever is Allmighty.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Children of Mana, which is super sweet. Samurai Champloo, which is cracked out but fun (something I didn't think possible from the Killer 7 team) and the Heroes of Might and Magic V demo, which has restored my hope that Ubisoft will be able to resurrect the IP.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited April 2006
    Kingdom Hearts 2, which I probably will be for a bit, a touch of Suikoden I, and finally; Trace Memory.

Trace Memory's very nice. Ashley and D's expressions are superb, and I like trying to piece together what I can.

The puzzles are a little easy so far, though.