The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Wild Arms 3. Just got to the end of Chapter 1. I love this game. The story is one of the best I've seen, and has that old-school feel to it.
    Before that, defeated Shadow Hearts 1. Moving on to Covenant soon then From The New World.
    A little FIFA 06 also thrown in.
    Been quite busy lately. April-May is the only time I'll ever have time to play games.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Children of Mana, which is super sweet[/QUOTE]
    You liked it? Nice, my copy is on its way. 25 USD was pretty cheap.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Yeah dude, it's absolutely my favorite non-WiFi DS game. Next really knows how to make an awesome dungeon crawler.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    "This was only twenty bucks? That feels so... wrong."

• Endangered_UserEndangered_User Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance.
  • JackalJackal Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I finished KH2 Saturday in Beginner mode without completing much of anything and not even entering the new tournament. It took about 35 hours minus the 10 or so I spent looking for items for synthesis.

Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy X-2 to cure my Final Fantasy cravings. It's not an easy game to pick back up from the middle after two years. I enjoy that status effects actually make a difference but finding dress spheres is painful.
  • carbonbasedlifeform2000carbonbasedlifeform2000 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    currently playing disgaea and replaying through the entire suikoden series in order
    which means i'm tired as beep
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Eh, just been playing Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Makai Kingdom. I plan on playing Grandia 3 once I've had my full of these two.
  • keele864keele864 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Lots of KHII. When someone else wants to play the PS2, though, I jump over to Baten Kaitos or Super Smash Brothers Melee. Jugglypuff shreds the faces of all who oppose her. Hail Purin.
    [/QUOTE]

That reminds me of the last time I was playing SSBM with two of my best friends. I won five or six matches in a row playing as Jigglypuff. I imagine it's rather humiliating to be so utterly destroyed by a small pink puffball. I wouldn't know, as I generally win.

I'm playing Tales of Phantasia for the GBA. It's quite good, and it's the first game I've really played for a while. I might play a bit of Atelier Iris or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance when I'm home tomorrow. We'll see. I really feel like getting back to Atelier Iris. I put it down some time ago, and I've had a minor craving for it lately.
    edited April 2006
    Children of Mana. Mmmmm.... Mana.
  • Edgar FigaroEdgar Figaro Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Suikoden V, for the past two weeks and until I finish it.
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Apr. 21 2006,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Children of Mana. Mmmmm.... Mana.[/QUOTE]
    Which character are you playing as?

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited April 2006
    Flick (the first one). I would have picked the girl, as I normally do.... but I dunno, something about her just didn't feel right.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved.

This game is awesome. An incredibly intuitive control mechanism and crazy action. Yeah, there's not much to it beyond shooting things and watching them explode, but that's the fun of it. Videogames are getting too far from things blowing up in my opinion.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited April 2006
    Every Extend, which is some freeware shmup / puzzle game hybrid. Weird ish. Can't wait for the PSP version now, though.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Seeing the Silent Hill film, while enjoyable, made me want to return to the medium where they did the concept right. So after I'm done writing up this report I'm going to fire up Silent Hill and then play the series all the way through. :)
  • KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Plug @ Apr. 22 2006,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Seeing the Silent Hill film, while enjoyable, made me want to return to the medium where they did the concept right. So after I'm done writing up this report I'm going to fire up Silent Hill and then play the series all the way through. smile1.png[/QUOTE]
    This man... he does good things (b^.^)b

Taking a trip down memory lane, meself; playing through Wasteland, this time with saved characters from a previous game. I'm going to get my party to Supreme Jerk if it ends me in the process.
  • JackalJackal Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Damn Final Fantasy X-2! I will finish it! With or without my dignity intact!

(Penalty: Jackal, -50 Manhood)
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    One more level to the ever elusive Lvl40 in Rising Force Online, the level that separates the weak from the strong.
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Karlinn @ Apr. 22 2006,17:03)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Taking a trip down memory lane, meself; playing through Wasteland, this time with saved characters from a previous game. I'm going to get my party to Supreme Jerk if it ends me in the process.[/QUOTE]
    This man... he's an O.G.

Enjoying Children of Mana so much I played through Secret of Mana for the first time in forever and picked up Sword of Mana.

Speaking of games I picked up, I found the only PS2 Gundam game I don't own at an EB last night. Needless to say it is now mine and I am blowing away Feddie scum.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Speaking of games I picked up, I found the only PS2 Gundam game I don't own at an EB last night. Needless to say it is now mine and I am blowing away Feddie scum.[/QUOTE]

Would that be Zeonic Front? The GameHole I work at has almost all of the Gundam games between new and used. Next paycheck where I have a couple of dollars, they are mine.

Still on Kingdom Hearts II, but also at the end of Trace Memory. I really need to find more games of this type. Once I equip my Suikodens with some d skins, I'll be ready to trip the stars fantastic.
    edited April 2006
    Hell yeah it was Zeonic Front!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited April 2006
    Been laughing at the SnS II english dub clips for a while now, and it finally made me boot up my copy again. I almost wish I had bought the US copy, because those clips are just plain awesome.
  • knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Jackal @ Apr. 23 2006,09:12)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Damn Final Fantasy X-2! I will finish it! With or without my dignity intact!

(Penalty: Jackal, -50 Manhood)[/QUOTE]
    I feel your pain. I just played through FFX-2 myself. And I'm about to start a New Game+. Boredom'll do that.
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Apr. 24 2006,01:56)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Been laughing at the SnS II english dub clips for a while now, and it finally made me boot up my copy again. I almost wish I had bought the US copy, because those clips are just plain awesome.[/QUOTE]
    ?Slaves for fashion dislike bulges.? lol.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    Who thinks he needs a Niigi avatar now.
  • Mark57RaiderMark57Raider Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    I'm playing Zelda - The Windwaker right now. I've played Final Fantasy X-2 twice through, but I don't really have the drive to try to play to get 100%, because that is just to damn hard! There are so many variences and pathways through the game to fill in those percents, but I just enjoy the game because of the many dresspheres you can collect and some of the nice spells that you can use in battle and such.
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Davis @ Apr. 24 2006,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Solon @ Apr. 24 2006,01:56)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Been laughing at the SnS II english dub clips for a while now, and it finally made me boot up my copy again. I almost wish I had bought the US copy, because those clips are just plain awesome.[/QUOTE]
    ?Slaves for fashion dislike bulges.? lol.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    Who thinks he needs a Niigi avatar now.[/QUOTE]
    "I accept! I'm kim of two homes and seven moms!" smile4.png

More children of mana today. Awesome action.
    edited April 2006
    Dungeons & Dragons Online has some free trial deal going on right now so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Not incredibly impressed thus far. At least I have Children of Mana to wash the bad taste out of my mouth.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Yeah seriously Davis I played for 5 mins and almost vomitted.
    edited April 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(SupraDarky @ Apr. 24 2006,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Yeah seriously Davis I played for 5 mins and almost vomitted.[/QUOTE]
    Damn man, I think that's the harshest thing I've ever heard you say about a game. smile4.png

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • zenglandzengland New Member Full Members
    edited April 2006
    Finally got some time to put into Suikoden, and just got my castle.
    It's really starting to pick up now. I really should have played this ages ago.