The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

What are you playing today?

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike on my friends DS. Going away on business to Colarado next week and am borrowing it to pass the time. It seems rather easy though and almost through it.
  • shimanchushimanchu New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Both Metroid prime 2 and Windwaker on the Gamecube along with tales of Eternia in Japanese for the ps1.

Which Tales is the one for Gamecube?
  • SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Which Tales is the one for Gamecube?</div>

Tales of Symphonia

You know, as much as I liked Suikoden III, it's got crappy replay value. I'm really not enjoying myself. I don't know why I wasn't bothered by the fact that you had to run across the Grassland plains 9 million times the first time I played.

I seem to be having a video game "down time" right now, which also accounts for the reason why I haven't posted much.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited August 2006
    <div>
    (Solon @ Jul. 27 2006,17:07)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Actually playing a bit of Dawn of Sorrow today, Julius mode. I'm beginning to like him even more than Soma.</div>
    If Julius Mode wasn't in Dawn of Sorrow I'd think it was a pretty ho-hum game. Hopefully they have something equally cool in Portrait of Ruin since they decided to not give us something really cool like online play.

Mostly demos and some NCAA Football 07 lately. Dead Rising needs to hurry up and come out.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    At the end of Romancing Saga now. Saruin keeps beating my ass in his second form with that power diminish pillar thing since my healing is crap after that. So I'm thinking of new ways to get around it. I think I'm going to respec my healer from Hydrology to Pyrology so I can synth that Song of Souls mass-regen spell. Because for the life of me I can't think of any other way around that barrier deal.

When I eventually drop him I'm not sure what to play next. I might start a new game and do some of the extra stuff, but who can say. Still have a month left until school so I should probably get all my gaming in now while I've got the time.
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Now that I've finished Dirge of Cerberus, I'm replaying Final Fantasy 7. It's wierd going back to a game I've finished so many times, but not played recently. I feel like I should be worrying about my Chemistry homework.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    <div>
    (Cactuar Joe @ Aug. 04 2006,15:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Now that I've finished Dirge of Cerberus, I'm replaying Final Fantasy 7. It's wierd going back to a game I've finished so many times, but not played recently. I feel like I should be worrying about my Chemistry homework.</div>
    How was Dirge? Thinking of picking it up myself...
    edited August 2006
    Don't do it, Dragon Lady! You have so much left to live for!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited August 2006
    <div>
    (Gouden Draak @ Aug. 04 2006,15:49)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Cactuar Joe @ Aug. 04 2006,15:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Now that I've finished Dirge of Cerberus, I'm replaying Final Fantasy 7. It's wierd going back to a game I've finished so many times, but not played recently. I feel like I should be worrying about my Chemistry homework.</div>
    How was Dirge? Thinking of picking it up myself...</div>
    Review goes up August the 18th! ^^b

Overall, I liked it okay.
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Beat Growlanser 2 twice, so I switched over to Clock Tower 3. It's a bit better this time around; and going a lot smoother.

What really intrigues me is the copy of Xenosaga I & II for the DS that just arrived today...

Gotta love import bargain hunting.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Don't do it, Dragon Lady! You have so much left to live for!

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis </div>

But.... but..... FFXII doesn't come out until Halloween! *sob*

Look forward to reading the review CactuarJoe!

• Albedo_2k5Albedo_2k5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Now playing Riviera ~ The Promised Land. A really well-made title, developed by Sting (ie. Solo Crisis) and published by Atlus. Recommend it to anyone who loves RPGs, the title is pretty unconventional with limited exploration, but it's got an impressive characters and storyline.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Busted out the PSone this week and decided to finally play FFVII. I've never really played it before now--it's just been sitting on my shelf. blush.gif

Sure enough, a couple hours in, I got distracted and played Jedi Power Battles instead. Plo Koon 4TW.
  • edited August 2006
    Breath Of Fire 2 cool.gif
    edited August 2006
    <div>
    (Vigivalgus @ Aug. 09 2006,02:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Sure enough, a couple hours in, I got distracted and played Jedi Power Battles instead. Plo Koon 4TW.</div>
    Haha, I remember beating JPB with Plo Koon! Ah, memories.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited August 2006
    <div>
    (Vigivalgus @ Aug. 09 2006,10:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Busted out the PSone this week and decided to finally play FFVII. I've never really played it before now--it's just been sitting on my shelf. blush.gif

Sure enough, a couple hours in, I got distracted and played Jedi Power Battles instead. Plo Koon 4TW.</div>
    Heh, I've been playing FFVII, too. Finally trying out Enemy Skill materia. Big Guard is possibly the most awesome thing ever.
    edited August 2006
    Just beat Ultimate Spider-Man. Pretty fun, but I would've hated it if I'd spent more than ten bucks on it.

Can't decide what to play next. My PS2 backlog got huge while away at school.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis

• DirkLanceDirkLance Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Tales of Symphonia for the Cube and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 7 (got a copy for 10.00) I liked this series and decided to actually buy a copy instead of renting it. (which I am doing for Tales)
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Not a damn thing. It's a good thing there weren't any games that came out that I wanted in the past month, as my senior thesis really ratted my budget.
  • FinchFinch Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Trying to finish up Swordcraft: Summon Night. This game is great, and I'm definantly pumped up about the sequel in the fall. After that, I'm going to move on to Super Robot Taisen: OA.

Atlus + Banpresto = Great combo.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited August 2006
    At this second?
    Morrowind and Baulders Gate 1 for PC, Pokemon Emerald and Mario Kart DS on the DS. And Utopia over the net!
    Tune in next week when all of these games are back on the shelf because I found Earaid batteries for my Mario ana Lugi Cake Factory handheld, with the same new handheld smell from 86!
    Damn short attention span!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Fallout 2 as a female character with the Miria mod attached.

Good times.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • L1ghts0uTL1ghts0uT Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Sumon Night: Swordcraft Story, Its a pretty fun game and I've gone through the entire plot line already, just getting the last few techniques in the Labyrith. Can't wait for the sequel in fall. Also does anyone know if Nintendo is ever planning on releasing FE:Fuuin no Tsurugi to the States? I've played it already, but still I would like to see a professional translation.
  • PlugPlug Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    So I wound up starting a second game of Romancing Saga, this time playing as Gray. I'm currently at the end for a second time, once again getting my behind handed to me by Saruin. I can't even imagine fighting the souped up version after plugging the fatestones into him. It took me like five tries to beat him the first time. That Animate Dead spell is just killer. I figure after I beat it this time I'll start a third game, I'm thinking as Barbara or Sif.

What can I say? I'm hooked. I haven't had this much fun with one game in what feels like forever. There's so much replay value here it's almost sick. About the only thing I wish could be altered would be some kind of teleporting deal like Suikoden has. Running all over the world gets a bit tiresome after a while.
    edited August 2006
    Super Robot Taisen: OG and Legend of Heroes 2. Hopefully SRT will counter out LoH2, although the acronym-laiden plot is giving me fits right now.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Summon Night: Swordcraft Story atm. Too early to say anything about it tbh, but it sure seems nice so far.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • friscodudefriscodude New Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Paper Mario! Currently at Toad Town after beating up King Goomba.
  • MorridorMorridor Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    I am playing the following games:

Riviera: The Promised Land
    Summon Night
    Shadow Hearts
    Trace Memory
    Trauma Center
    Final Fantasy IX

I will start playing Deep Labyrinth later this week!

Danny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Finishing my second run of Xenosaga II so I can have clear data for III.

Currently right before the second Margulis fight.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2006
    Replaying Suikoden 5.

Every Suikoden has that roster of utterly useless combat characters, and so far I've beaten Suikoden 2 and 3 with their respective useless combat characters. Gonna see if I can do it here. ghostface.gif