If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, Spain and Lithuania looked really, really good. More concerned about the former than the latter though. (Famous last words.)
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited August 2008
    I see the diving is still politically motivated as ever!

9.5's for the russians in execution, when one of them botched the water entry in a horizontal kind of way.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    So far, China is in the lead with 4 Gold and 14 total.
    USA is in second place with 2 Gold and 12 total.
    Korea is in third with 3 Gold and 8 total.

There are still a lot of events left though.
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    So, anyone here as amazed as I am with Michael Phelps? I mean the guy is a friggin' fish in the water. He's got 3/3 already in his gold tally, and was even part of the team that beat the French in the 4-man relay event when they were a huge favorite. And last night, he gets gold in one event, hits the podium to receive his gold and hear his national anthem, then he's back for warm-ups. 50 mins. later, he hits the pool again to win another gold, against fresh opponents. I mean, he is just so sick. And he's got a lot more events still to come.

The U.S. gymnastics team was also awesome last night, despite them being Olympic first-timers. I mean, they weren't even a favorite to win a medal coming in, yet they dark horse themselves to win a bronze. Heck, they could have even won the silver had it not been for nerves towards the end in closing Japan out. Well, what can you expect from heavy underdogs who just got a taste of podium status.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, that Gymnastics medal was pretty impressive. That Artemev fellow is insane on the pommel horse.

• Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Well, it's official. Micheal Phelps is now officially the greatest olympian ever. Fitting enough, he won his 10th career gold medal in his signature event (200m butterfly).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    How about em US female gymnasts eh? I feel sorry for the poor girl who either had extreme nerves or simply choked when she did that balance beam, which carried over to the floor exercise. They were in good position too to win the gold medal since Shawn Johnson was absolute dynamite on vault (and pretty much everything), as well as Nastia Liukin on the uneven bars. So sick that the captain faltered when it mattered most, but oh well, hope one of em (Johnson and Liukin) gets gold in the all-around later.

• DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Well, he's done it. Phelps has won Eight Gold Medals in a single Olympics. History is made and a new record is set. At this point, there seems to be only one thing left to say:

America, F*** Yeah.
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    Panters beat the Chargers!

In other shocking news, the Bills beat the Seahawks? And by 24 points, no less?
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (Duce @ Aug. 16 2008,21:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Well, he's done it. Phelps has won Eight Gold Medals...

America, F*** Yeah.</div>
    China won the most golds. rock.gif

In other news, Brady lasted one quarter this season before a season-ending injury. sad.gif They still won, but...
    Looks like the Pats won't be going to the Superbowl this year.
    edited September 2008
    It's a shame you can't cheat your way out of an ACL tear.
    edited September 2008
    I found a website that lets you stream football games on the internet, but since I'm accessing the internet via my PS3(my computer's getting fixed), I can't watch the game because the PS3 doesn't support WMP media. D:

Oh well. There's always next week.
    edited September 2008
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">It's a shame you can't cheat your way out of an ACL tear.</div>I sense bitterness... The Patriots cheated in one game last season. According to the NFL, the cheating did not affect the outcome of the game. End of story. They would have assigned a loss to the Pats if they thought it affected the outcome.

The Patriots won this week notwithstanding the loss of Tom Brady, to start off the season 2-0. I honestly thought that the Pats would go 0-16 this season after losing Brady. It's still early. It won't be too long before the Pats lose their first game. Our new QB isn't very good. He was sacked 6 or 7 times over the course of the game. He threw a few complete passes though. Also, he throws slowly - his passes are easy to defend. He didn't throw any interceptions in today's game though.
    edited September 2008
    For whatever reason, the Panthers have this habit of sucking at home, especially in the opener. We could be playing the worst team in the league, and we'd still crap out against them.

They managed to come back and get the win this time, thankfully. Now let's avoid it altogether with Smith back in the lineup, eh?

• Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    Slayer: You can thank the Bear's Offensive Coordinator, Ron Turner for the Panther's win.
    edited September 2008
    Trust me V-man, I feel your pain. My offense did everything it could to dig itself a massive hole in the first half.

The lesson here for the Bears should be not to f-k with Jake Delhomme. As soon as Briggs landed that shot, it was over.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited September 2008
    In news nobody but me will care about, Adelaide United just beat the Kashima Antlers 1-0 in the second leg of their Asian champions league quarter-final, becoming the first australian team to reach the semi-finals of the competition.

Go the Reds!

edited September 2008
    J-League clubs have wild names and crests. Only South American clubs really top them in the name department.
    edited September 2008
    When the A-league was first starting up we had a competition here to choose the new nickname for Adelaide United.

The winning entry: The Reds.

Oh yeah, go adelaide's creative muscle.
    edited September 2008
    To be honest, I wouldn;t call Phealps the greatest, considering he had little competition. Of this era yes, but greatest, no.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited September 2008
    So with Week 4 of NFL Football coming up, I don't think it's too early to start talking about the match-ups.

What 3-0 team(s) do you guys think will make 4-0? The Bills, the Titans, and the Broncos are the ones with a shot. (Because we all know the Redskins are gonna tear through the waste-of-oxygen Cowboys like a rocket launcher through wet tissue paper.)

I think the Broncos will. I mean, they're playing the Chiefs. Cutler is gonna dice them up without much of a game.
    The Titans are strong, but so are the Vikings. It's a tough call, but I still Tennessee is gonna win.
    Finally, the Bills. The Rams are due for an upset so I think St. Louis is gonna take this one. Not that the Bills aren't a good team, I just think the Rams are gonna pull one out.
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited September 2008
    Geelong got beat down.
  • nakamuranakamura Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (Davis @ Sep. 24 2008,14:51)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">J-League clubs have wild names and crests. Only South American clubs really top them in the name department.</div>
    We get LIVE Jleague in the UK now on eurosport. Its great to watch. Ive always followed Kashiwa Reysol.

Its perfect as we can watch live football all day pretty much!
    edited September 2008
    BTW they made an 18-1 joke on the Setanta broadcast of the AFL final last night. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Geelolong!
    edited September 2008
    T_T

Yes Geelong lost, they deserved to lose the way they played. Absoulutely poop, nearly as bad as the only other lost in the year to Collingwood (The most hated team in AFL).
    edited September 2008
    haha...condolences on your... hahah... loss bain.. ahahhahahahahah!

Hawthorn are my second team, and are coached by a former premiership coach of my SANFL team so I was happy to see them win.
    edited September 2008
    Which Adelaide club do you support, Doom?
    edited September 2008
    Adelaide Crows. Mind you i don't pay all that much attention to the AFL, being more of a soccer fan.
    edited September 2008
    Ha, I'm actually watching the Roar play Melbourne right now.

Reinaldo > Ronaldo
    edited September 2008
    I attribute the Roar's victory to Minniecon and Zullo still being young and not realizing that Queensland aren't meant to score, ever.

That's the impression I get watching them week after week anyway, they can play the best football in the A-League but have such a hard time scoring goals.