If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited September 2008
    Ahh Wel, time for Cricket Season then.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    Nothing like a big win over your most hated divisional opponent to wash the taste of a bad loss out of your mouth.

On a related note, I would like to once again thank the Bears for letting us have Moose back.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • nakamuranakamura Member Full Members
    edited September 2008
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ Sep. 28 2008,19:16)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Ahh Wel, time for Cricket Season then.</div>
    Well into cricket now. Even since i laid a 5000pound bet on england to beat south african in a test series 6 years ago.
    edited October 2008
    I do hope you won that bet, as thats a lot of money!

Anyways, only 2 weeks till the first game of my division starts (the higher grades start next week).
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited October 2008
    Phillies winning a playoff series? MAJOR AWESOME. Eat that Brewers. I can't believe we even get to bypass the Cubs! Don't get me wrong, the Dodgers looked great in that series, but I have confidence in my team.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2008
    Liverpool @ Manchester City was probably one of the most disappointing losses I've ever sat through. Javier Garrido scored fer chrissake!

Angels-BoSox tied up right now. Bet the Angels give up and get swept at some point.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited October 2008
    SANFL: Central District Bulldogs beats Glenelg Tigers by 42 points in the grand final, equaling Port Adelaide's achievment of seven flags in a decade. UUUUUUUU DOOOOOOOOGS.

A League: Christ Adelaide how did you manage to draw with Central Coast? You were 3-0 up just after half time! Also, lolqueensland, and perth got thrashed but who cares that always happens.

• MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    <div>
    (Davis @ Oct. 06 2008,04:41)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Liverpool @ Manchester City was probably one of the most disappointing losses I've ever sat through. Javier Garrido scored fer chrissake!

Angels-BoSox tied up right now. Bet the Angels give up and get swept at some point.</div>
    So who's your current bet for UEFA Champion's League?
    edited October 2008
    Any of the English clubs except Arsenal. You?
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I must agree that that was a sick loss. I was pulling for Man City in that match. I think the sending off of one of their guys led to their downfall. That's when they started conceding goals. IMO, it was a harsh decision by the ref. Some refs would just let that go, especially in the EPL.

Anyhoo, I'm pulling for Man U all the way in the Champion's League. Rooney's form is awesome! Would like to see more goals coming from Berbatov though. On the other hand, Ronaldo's finally seeing what it's like to not get the free kicks and penalties from his dives. I think the refs have done a good job this year regarding those. I like Man U, I like Ronaldo, but sometimes I just can't stand the highway robbery he does with those dives.
    edited October 2008
    Any of the English clubs except Arsenal. You?
    Blah. Despite what we think, Arsenal's probably going to win anyway....

Haven't been able to watch a lot of soccer games. Most of the good matches happen early in the morning here, and only my brother can watch because he's a horribly overqualified jobless bum with a college degree.
    edited October 2008
    As a trained professional Arsenal hater I must disagree. I predicted Spurs would get relegated on GAF and they still haven't won a match so trust me I know what I'm doing here.
    edited October 2008
    How exactly does one get trained to hate Arsenal beyond the usual rooting for anyone they play against (who are usually the underdog by comparison)? wow.gif
    edited October 2008
    AFC Champions League Semi-Final, first leg:

Adelaide United 3 Kuruvchi Bunyodkor 0

Oh hell yes.
    Quote: wrote:
    How exactly does one get trained to hate Arsenal beyond the usual rooting for anyone they play against (who are usually the underdog by comparison)?
    It ain't too hard.
    edited October 2008
    MAGICAL DAY for Eagles fans. Washington loses right at the end to the winless Rams, and then Dallas gets their punt blocked and returned for a touchdown? Sounds fantastic. Beating down the Niners helped a bit too. Now let's go Phils, make this a wonderful weekend for me...
    edited October 2008
    Finally got Setanta sports, so I can finally catch up on all the exciting Slovenia vs. Northern Ireland action.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    Kimbo Slice got his overhyped, fake, can't-play-in-the-big-leagues, bum fighting behind knocked the hell out.

Man that was a good, good feeling.

edit:profanity filter not working for that post

"Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited October 2008
    MAGICAL DAY for Eagles fans. Washington loses right at the end to the winless Rams, and then Dallas gets their punt blocked and returned for a touchdown? Sounds fantastic. Beating down the Niners helped a bit too. Now let's go Phils, make this a wonderful weekend for me...
    Much as I like to see the ever-over-optimistic Washington fanbase cut back down to size, I was really hoping the Lambs could give the real life Rachel Phelps a fitting monument now that she is no longer damning us all with her presence: a winless season.
  • DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited October 2008
    Much as I like to see the ever-over-optimistic Washington fanbase cut back down to size, I was really hoping the Lambs could give the real life Rachel Phelps a fitting monument now that she is no longer damning us all with her presence: a winless season.
    Over-optimistic? What's wrong with expecting good things from your team? On a side note, I still want to beat whoever’s call it was to have Brooks replace Frost as punter with a six-foot metal pole. If something works, don't fix it. DEFINATLY don't 'fix' it with something that's broken itself. We are still going 17-2, so I can’t complain too much.

I think the chances of a team going winless are about the same as one going undefeated. NFL just has too many surprises and upsets for that too happen.
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited October 2008
    Now let's go Phils, make this a wonderful weekend for me...
    So much for that sentiment.

BUT AT LEAST TONY HOMO IS OUT FOR A MONTH WOO.
    We are still going 17-2, so I can’t complain too much.
    lulz

edited October 2008
    Any pro in any sport will tell you. A confident and competitive mindset is just as important as the physical aspect of game itself. Go in expecting to lose and you'll lose. Expect to win and have the confidence that you're the best and you'll get a much better shot at victory.

If it's about the Math: 14-2, Playoff Win 15-2, NFC Champ Win 16-2, Super Bowl Win 17-2.

The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
    edited October 2008
    No no, I got the math. It just made me chuckle. Pure optimism in football just isn't my thing.
    edited October 2008
    Over-optimistic? What's wrong with expecting good things from your team?
    It's not a particularly amusing form of lunacy! I demand entertainment!
    edited October 2008
    Over-optimistic? What's wrong with expecting good things from your team?
    It's not a particularly amusing form of lunacy! I demand entertainment!
    But it could highly entertaining to observe someone watching who does hold high-expectations of their team. Or scary. It depends on how into it the fan gets. And whether or not they have violent tendencies. And how loud they swear when the game takes -- unfavorable turns.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited October 2008
    No no, I got the math. It just made me chuckle. Pure optimism in football just isn't my thing.
    Hehe, true. Though really, it's only truly stupid if you're a Lions or Dolphins fan.

Well, Pats fans might not be optimistic. Looks like Bellicheck isn't such a genius now that he doesn't have Brady and people aren't letting him steal signals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited October 2008
    First game of Cricket for the year in 2 hours.

I;m hoping I don't pull a hamstring, only time will tell!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    ...people aren't letting him steal signals.
    MasterChief - repeat a lie enough times and people will believe it. NFL says NO EFFECT ON OUTCOME of the one game where they stole signals. It was an ethical violation - that's why they were punished.

And do you honestly believe LOSING THE QUARTERBACK wouldn't have a major effect on any NFL team? It's like losing the pitcher in baseball.
    edited October 2008
    ...people aren't letting him steal signals.
    MasterChief - repeat a lie enough times and people will believe it. NFL says NO EFFECT ON OUTCOME of the one game where they stole signals. It was an ethical violation - that's why they were punished.

And do you honestly believe LOSING THE QUARTERBACK wouldn't have a major effect on any NFL team? It's like losing the pitcher in baseball.
    The quarterback situation is a moot point. Cassel is fine. I think Tom Brady <s>is</s> was the most overrated Quarterback in the league. He has an amazing offensive line which gives him hours to pick out one of many receivers who can catch any ball thrown within fifty yards of them. A monkey could do Brady's job. They've both got arm strength, and neither of them need to use any thought while playing. Now it may be an unfair comparison. In the monkey's defense, he could probably take a hit better than Brady.

It is like losing a pitcher. Teams have more than one, and as part of being a pro each player can perform on a professional level.
    edited October 2008
    If the NFL says so it must be true. Multibillion dollar industries are in the habit of being forthcoming.