If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited October 2008
    ...my legs are sore...

(Scores: Them: 9/201 off of 40 overs (Bainick's bowling 8 overs (In a row) 2 wickets (Both LBW) for 28 (1 nb in the last over)
    US: 9/79 (Allput because our 11th player *Hurt his back whilst getting out of bed. of course we all know that if it looks anywhere near hot, he doesn't play..* (Bainick's bating 1 (I was out on the 7th ball of an over too. Not impressed, although I was out).

At least A grade...I mean Devision 1, won their game...
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited October 2008
    AFC semi-final second leg, Kuruvchi 1 Adelaide 0, Adelaide win 3-1 on aggregate. We're going to the final!

And also to the world club championship whenever that happens. Adelaide are going to play Manchester United. That's hilarious just to think about.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2008
    For one match I will be an Adelaide fan! In South Australia I was born, heave away, haul away!
    edited October 2008
    I finally bothered to do a little more research on that, and we only play Man U if we beat one or two other teams first (depending on if we win the AFC final or not.) Oh well, I still believe the reds will play the... uh... other reds. It will happen!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    The Boston Celtics raised their 2008 championship banner last night. And beat the Cavaliers for their first and only win.

In other news, the <s>haters</s> analysts say the LA Lakers are favorites to win the championship this year.

The NE Patriots are doing pretty good even without Tom Brady. They are the #2 team right now (3-way tie for #2) in the AFC East Division. They could make the playoffs. You never know.

• DuceDuce Now in Lemon Flavor Full Members
    edited October 2008
    The Boston Celtics raised their 2008 championship banner last night. And beat the Cavaliers for their first and only win.

In other news, the <s>haters</s> analysts say the LA Lakers are favorites to win the championship this year.

The NE Patriots are doing pretty good even without Tom Brady. They are the #2 team right now (3-way tie for #2) in the AFC East Division. They could make the playoffs. You never know.
    Don't you love how they know who's gonna win after just one game?

New England actually has a pretty good chance to make the playoffs. The two games remaining against the Bills will probably decide who win the division. While the New York <s>Bretts</s> Jets are doing alright, they haven't shown themselves to be legitimate contenders. The only decent team they've beaten is Arizona. The Dolphins are making progress, but they have another year or two before they are in the division race.

If not the division title, New England could defiantly get a wild card slot. AFC South is the only division with any 2nd-4th place teams which could possibly finish with a better record than the Patriots. San Diego won't get enough wins to compete in a tie-breaker scenario with New England. I'd be surprised if the Patriots didn't make the playoffs.
    The labels on inflammable objects really should use larger print. Being arrested for arson just cause you don't see 20/20 is stupid.
  • GooseAssGooseAss Member Full Members
    edited November 2008
    i'm drunk, let's talk about fighting again. i want kid yamamoto to fight in the US and beat up urijah faber. i want tetsuya kawajiri to come beat up sean sherk and bj penn. also, it totally suck how all the pride guys like crocop and werdum look like garbage in the US when they can't roid like they did in japan. come on guys, how hard is it to beat a piss test?! just get a good doctor!! olympic athletes do it all the time.
    edited November 2008
    Last Week in Cricket:
    8 overs 7 wickets for 16

This Week
    8 overs 2 wickets for 18.

I'm keeping my place in the team tounge2.gif
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • Psycho PenguinPsycho Penguin Member Full Members
    edited November 2008

Don't you love how they know who's gonna win after just one game?

New England actually has a pretty good chance to make the playoffs. The two games remaining against the Bills will probably decide who win the division. While the New York <s>Bretts</s> Jets are doing alright, they haven't shown themselves to be legitimate contenders. The only decent team they've beaten is Arizona. The Dolphins are making progress, but they have another year or two before they are in the division race.

If not the division title, New England could defiantly get a wild card slot. AFC South is the only division with any 2nd-4th place teams which could possibly finish with a better record than the Patriots. San Diego won't get enough wins to compete in a tie-breaker scenario with New England. I'd be surprised if the Patriots didn't make the playoffs.
    Patriots 5-2
    Bills 5-3
    Jets 5-3

It's going to be an interesting race, that's for sure.

Also - Ravens and Chargers still have a chance for the wild card. I know the Chargers are off to a rough start, but they have a real easy schedule coming up. Then again, they'll probably win the division by 3 games at this rate.

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited November 2008
    Jesus, did anyone see the end to that Trailblazers game? That was the best end of a game I've watched in a while. My roommate is a Blazers fan so he was freaking out, I was just excited to see that happen.
    edited November 2008
    I had to check my calendar and make sure it wasn't NBA playoffs time when I was watching the Rockets implode like that.
  • Psycho PenguinPsycho Penguin Member Full Members
    edited November 2008
    Patriots about to deal a serious blow to the Bills playoff chances, J E T S about to be 6-3. Miami hasn't decided if it wants to beat Seattle or not.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited November 2008
    One should not nearly have a heart attack in regards to a game against the Raiders.

Thank all that is good and holy for the Carolina defense.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited November 2008
    The Pens-Red Wings match was the greatest regular season game I have ever witnessed.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • DefChaosDefChaos Member Full Members
    edited November 2008
    The A's traded for the established outfield bat they've lacked the past few years. Quite a reversal from the usual 'trade salary away for more young talent' motif. I almost didn't believe my brother when he told me about it the other day. biggrin.gif Holliday alone won't make them contenders, but at least the offense won't be quite so dreadful this year.
    edited November 2008
    They'll probably flip him in July.
  • DefChaosDefChaos Member Full Members
    edited November 2008
    That's true, actually I think that's more likely than letting him walk at the end of the year. But if they do I think they can get a Carlos Gonzalez type talent in return. At which point they acquired half a year of Holliday for 2 guys (Street and Smith) who weren't in the team's long term plans anyways.

edited November 2008
    Arrrgh Adelaide why have you suddenly started playing Holy Carp?

Oh well, at least Villa won.
    edited November 2008
    'twas a glorious win. Fabregas looks like he's perma-exhausted.
    edited November 2008
    I didn't get to watch it because i fell asleep during the Liverpool/Bolton game.
    edited November 2008
    Bolton is a cure for narcolepsy. True story.

I've never mentioned it here but it's still true, Stephen Ireland has been my favorite footballer for several years now and this season has been a big payoff for my faith in the face of fellow Blues that crapped on him for years. Anyways his performance at Hull today was just magical and I hope Leslie makes him captain just so I can see metric tons worth of crow eaten at Bluemoon.
    edited November 2008
    Har har, Arse-nal.

And we didn't lose to Man U. Hooray!
    edited November 2008
    Go Melbourne Victory tounge2.gif

(And Hull as well in the English Premier League)
    edited November 2008
    DOOMHAMMER'S UNNECESSARY A-LEAGUE WRAP-UP:

Melbourne Vi<s>ctory</s>illainy 2 - 1 Central Coast: Damn you, Archie Thompson! I wanted a draw! Oh well at least Muscat didn't kill anybody.

Adelaide United 2 - 0 Sydney FC: We're back in the winners circle after a couple of weeks of pure suck. We were helped along by Terry Mcflynn getting redcarded for being a dumbass (just before you're substituted is the best time to abuse the ref) and even Travis Dodd was kind of embarrased about the second goal.

Wellington <s>Retarded</s>Phoenix 2 - 0 Newcastle <s>Suck</s> Jets: Jets get two players sent off and it still takes Wellington 78 minutes to score against them. HEY GUYS YOU HAVE A TWO MAN ADVANTAGE STOP PLAYING ONLY THROUGH THE MIDDLE!

Queensland Roar 4 - 1 Perth Glory<s>hole</s>: haha Perth. Kudos to Queensland for finally breaking their home hoodoo and extra special kudos to Craig Moore for playing despite getting a ballsectomy less than two weeks ago.

1. Melbourne Villainy 23 Pts (hiss boo etc.)
    2. Adelaide United 20 Pts (Cheering)
    3. Queensland Roar 18 Pts.
    4. Central Coast Mariners 17 Pts
    5. Sydney FC 16 Pts (More booing, John Kosmina flips the crowd off and looks for a Kevin Muscat to strangle)
    6. Wellington Phoenix 15 Pts
    7. Newcastle Jets 11 Pts
    8. Perth Glory 11 Pts (Hysterical laughter)

Man, that's a little table. I can't wait until the new teams come in next year.

Also im really bored

edited November 2008
    I have the Queensland-Perth match on my DVR, nice to see it was a bit exciting.

Also looooooooool @ the Arse. That's the first time they've conceded more than a goal to City. biggrin.gif
    edited November 2008
    Can't wait till they start adding some more teams into the league, even if its going to be 2 Queensland teams that will next be added.

Geelong needs a team tounge2.gif
    edited November 2008
    New drinking game: Take a shot every time Gomes borks up.
    Quote: wrote:

Can't wait till they start adding some more teams into the league, even if its going to be 2 Queensland teams that will next be added.

Geelong needs a team tounge2.gif

Apparently Lucas Neil and Tim Cahill are both putting together bids for new A-League licenses. I hope they name the teams after themselves.
    edited December 2008
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RA4fLjL3RQs

Rooney is concentrating REALLY hard here.

edited December 2008
    Who wears sandals with socks on. sarcasm.gif
    edited December 2008
    I'm more concerned about Rooney wanting to be a doctor. And that I crack up everytime i see him, it makes watching Man U. games really hard.

Past-AHH or Piz-AHHH

Edit: Heh. Adelaide 6 Wellington 1! Thanks Wellington!