If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2008
    So... Melbourne lose to Wellington last week, and Perth this week?

I guess the only excuse is that they were both away games (and that is a much greater difference then an away game in England.)
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Adelaide united together adelaide united FOREVER
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    My brother was checking around the net, and the cheapest price he could find for World Cup tickets was $400 a seat, and I don't think that's even for the finals. He said that Africans are getting discounted tickets at $150 at the cheapest. The eff!
    edited December 2008
    I assume the locals get cheaper tickets so the stadiums aren't half empty every game or something.

EPL was mostly dissapointing last night as the big four all won, where's the fun in that!? At least Hull won again, even if it means they go above us for now, cos its always funny seeing them in the top five.

Also, i love you Perth Glory. Just keep beating our rivals like that and we'll let you have Kristian Sarkies, for free! Hell, we'll PAY you to take him.

Edit: Oh IGN

Edit: SAAAARKIIIIIES! Please somebody make him go away.

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Yeah that is the most hilarious review of all time.
    edited December 2008
    Quote: wrote:
    Yes, the depth of management in this game is impressive. But, it’s not impressive enough to make up for the fact that you aren’t actually playing soccer.
    I refuse to believe he's never come across a management simulator before, isn't he the sports editor or something? Ah, mysteries.

I'M BORED, IT'S AN A LEAGUE WRAP-UP!

Adelaide United 6 - 1 Wellington borkwits: This was a fun game to watch. Cassio's two goals were both near identical and if he keeps scoring like that then we're going to be in for some fun times. Even Cristiano was good! Everyone was good except for Sarkies (melbourne sleeper agent) and Cornthwaite's legs. We're in talks to have them replaced with some brazilian legs. Now we're off to japan to beat up on some semi-pro Kiwis. WATCH OUT FOR POSTMEN.

Central Coast 1 - 1 Queensland Roar: Pretty good game, and a draw was probably the fairest result. Both goals were crackers and Van Dijk's wasn't from a penalty for once (damn, but i keep getting distracted by his baby head.)

Perth Glory 3 - 1 Melbourne Victolose: Heh. Perth's home form really is quite impressive this season but I don't think they've gotten a single point on the road which sucks for them since most of their remaining games are away. They did the important thing though and stopped Muscat's maulers takeing back top spot, even if it appeared they were going to throw away a two goal lead for a moment. again.

Newcastle still suck 1 - 2 <s>Kosmina</s> Sydney FC: John Kosmina looked very calm this week sitting on the sideline sipping his cup of <s>brandy</s> coffee for the entire game. I wouldn't have blamed him for falling asleep in the second half though, i know i nearly did. They got the win though, and somehow move back up to third despite only getting one win in eight before today. Newcastle, on the other hand, are rock bottom. They're even below Perth. PERTH. If the new zealand knights were still around they'd probably lose to them too. Sydney and Melbourne's championship hangovers were bad but this is ridiculous!

LADDER

1. ADELAIDE UNITED 24 PTS (were top were top were tooooop)
    2. MELBOURNE VICTORY 23 PTS
    3. SYDNEY FC 20 PTS (Kosmina status: Zen)
    4. QUEENSLAND ROAR 20PTS
    5. CENTRAL COAST MARINERS 19 PTS
    6. WELLINGTON PHOENIX 18 PTS
    7. PERTH GLORY 15 PTS
    8. NEWCASTLE JETS 12 PTS

oh hey my favourite stupidly dramatic A-League promo is on youtube, now i can laugh at travis dodd trying to look dignified whenever i want. THE BRAZEN awright.

ENOUGH CAGEY AUSTRALIAN SOCCER

Villa are playing this morning but im not sure i can be bothered staying up til 3 to watch Everton win one nil.

okay, im done

Edit: I take everything back! Everton-Villa was awesome!

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    The Panthers definitely still have issues in their secondary, but damn if that wasn't an impressive win over the Bucs. 299 rushing yards against a top ten rushing defense? I am blown away.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    The Patriots are doing okay, in the #2 position for the playoffs. Tied with the New York Jets at 8-5, but the Jets' won head to head, and they have a better in division record (3-1 vs 3-2).

The Celtics are doing great. They started the season 20-2 and have a current 12-game win streak, though they cut it close last game vs. the Indiana Pacers.
    edited December 2008
    Villa in the top four again! Take that ARSEne.

City lose to Tim Cahill and must be really looking forward to january now, when their trillion dollar brazillian clone army will finally be ready to deploy.

EDIT: GRAMMAR YES

edited December 2008
    Too bad Leslie sucks and they'll still get relegated.

sad.gif
    edited December 2008
    half time in the world club championship quarter final and Adelaide are down 1-0 to Gamba Osaka. Come on guys! Don't lose against them again! I wanna see us play Man U.

Queensland beat Newcastle 2-1 in a really entertaining game, in QUEENSLAND! looks like that hoodoo maybe finally over with. Also, Sergio Van babyface has a really embarrasing goal celebration.

I hope West Ham get a point against Chelsea tonight because... uh... because they're playing chelsea and.. and they wear similar colours to Villa, but mostly because they're playing Chelsea.
    edited December 2008
    I like the fact that the lowest crowd that Melbourne Victory have had this year, is just below (by a few hundred people) the highest crowd of Sydney.

And Adelaide a still behind by a goal with about 13 minutes (or 11 to 18 dependnig on injury time and such) to go.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    edited December 2008
    DAMN IT SO CLOSE

Oh well, good work Adelaide. If Dodd had a little more luck we would have taken it to extra time, hell we may have won. Sigh.

Edit: Hey, West Ham did get a point from Chelsea. Another week of the big four doing bugger all. I suppose that if they don't want top spot all that much, maybe we could have it please?

• generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    I like Fulham FC because they had something like five Americans on the club last year. Only two remain, but Dempsey is my boy. Go Cottagers!
    edited December 2008
    20gicsy.jpg
    edited December 2008
    schwarzer is the only Fulham player whose name i can remember. The whole club seems to vanish from my memory until we play them "Huh? who? oh right, fulham." And then, after the game, they are gone again.

EDIT: Adelaide beat Al Ahly 1-0 to earn 5th place at the World club championships and goal scorer Cristiano proves he isn't just a worthless lump! Better than nothing i guess, and the prize money is nice even if we have to share it with the whole A-league for some reason.

edited December 2008
    Jesus Bain, what's wrong with melbourne these days? That's three losses in a row to the three bottom teams.
    edited December 2008
    No idea. I don;t follow it enough to know who is injured or such, though neither do the papers really.

The Test Match between South Africa and Australia at the moment is very close, with Australia needing 7 wickets, and SOuth Africa needing under 200 runs.
    edited December 2008
    cricket is the only sport i find myself regularly not supporting australia. christ i've almost been supporting south africa. SOUTH AFRICA.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Yeah the game has been really back and forth. Hopefully we'll stich'em up tommorrow. I'm hopeing for more fireworks from Mitchell Johnson.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
    edited December 2008
    im still trying to figure out where he pulled that last performance from
    edited December 2008
    Well, you get lucky some times, it happens, more often then you'd think.

I'm still surprised at how many runs our bollers (and wicket keeper) have made in comparrison to our batters.
    edited December 2008
    i was trying to watch it yesterday but from what I saw south africa were employing the 'bore australia to death' tactic. it certainly worked on me.

EPL: We're third we're third we're thiiiiiiiiiird. Until Man U play their two games in hand anyway.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited December 2008
    OH MY GOD I have never seen a more hilarious football game in my life.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Well, you get lucky some times, it happens, more often then you'd think.

I'm still surprised at how many runs our bollers (and wicket keeper) have made in comparrison to our batters.
    Yeah dude I'm starting to think our tail end should start batting at the top order. I'm also starting to think that the spectacular skill of our bowlers has made our top order batsmen lazy and indolent.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
    edited December 2008
    Quote: wrote:
    Yeah dude I'm starting to think our tail end should start batting at the top order. I'm also starting to think that the spectacular skill of our bowlers has made our top order batsmen lazy and indolent.
    I though out bowlers were pretty darn poor today.

Wow, city isn't looking very confident against west brom right now.
    edited December 2008
    Goooooooooooooooooooood I hate Leslie. We equalize at crummy WBA and then he plays for the win, which leads to City losing. I can't wait for the January window when he buys superstars like Wayne effing Bridge and Santa Crud and City still stay in the gutter. SHIP HIS ASS OUT, SHEIKHS.
    edited December 2008
    You'd think losing at West Brom would invoke some sort of immediate termination clause in your contract or something. Wow, I went to bed at halftime so I didn't see the second half. I didn't think they'd actually lose!
    edited December 2008
    He plays four men attacking at all times, seven when trying to win. Given that the back four is not exactly superstar material... it's like guaranteed failure. People always say you need to give a manager time to "put his stamp" on a squad but insisting on ramming a square peg through a round hole is a pretty troubling leadership trait.

Oh well I'm stuck with him unless City actually do go down. sad.gif

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    The NE Patriots are in serious danger of not making the playoffs with an 11-5 record.
    They need to win next week's game versus Buffalo. If they win, either Miami or Baltimore must lose for them to make the playoffs. Miami is playing the NY Jets - these teams are evenly matched, it should be close. Baltimore is playing the Jaguars, a bad team - Baltimore should win.

The Boston Celtics are on a 17 game win streak. The streak could end Thursday versus the LA Lakers. I don't think it will end Tuesday versus the Sixers.