If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited December 2008
    I don't think it will end Tuesday versus the Sixers.
    Me neither. sad.gif
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited December 2008
    No way the Lakers beat the Celts on Xmas. Xmas games aren't too kind to them. sad.gif
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    The Detroit Lions (NFL) have lost their first 15 games in a season. No NFL team has ever lost their first 15 games in a season. This weekend the Lions go up against Green Bay (5-9). The Lions have a shot at winning - the coach says he will try to win. I wonder if the Lions coach has already been fired once this year...
    edited December 2008
    Nope*, just the President of Ops.

But boy do I hope they beat Green Bay. 0-16 teams aren't great for the sport anyway, and I love that the Pack is an embarrassment all of a sudden. Haven't heard a thing about them since the first half of the season.

* Maybe I think

• generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    The NE Patriots are in serious danger of not making the playoffs with an 11-5 record.
    They need to win next week's game versus Buffalo. If they win, either Miami or Baltimore must lose for them to make the playoffs. Miami is playing the NY Jets - these teams are evenly matched, it should be close. Baltimore is playing the Jaguars, a bad team - Baltimore should win.
    I don't want either the Jets nor the Dolphins to win the division. Yet, the Bills play the Pats, so I can't root for the Pats either. This year sucks. Go Bills.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Boxing Day Test, and I have to work, life can be so cruel.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited December 2008
    I haven't seen Paul Pierce disappear like that since the Olympics.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    You've got to hand it to the Lakers, they're a really good team.
    Did Boston play at their best? No, but then again they hardly ever do, even in blowout games. High turnovers are their main problem. Even in the blowout game against the Knicks they had 20+ TOs. I have no idea how you "coach" turnovers. If Doc Rivers is saying/coaching "make the extra pass," there are naturally going to be more TOs. Most of the Boston TOs, it seems, is from making passes. Not so much from opponents stealing the ball.

Boston turned in a good defensive performance last night; their offense needs work. The Lakers have gotten better on defense since last year.
    edited December 2008
    Celts have discipline issues, correcting those will go a long way to getting the turnovers down. (Discipline and mental errors factor in to most of them.)

Unrelated: God the City match today was SO GOOD. Love seeing my fav player in the world mess [female dogs] up.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Quote: wrote:
    Unrelated: God the City match today was SO GOOD. Love seeing my fav player in the world mess [female dogs] up.
    Good to see them winning again, though i kinda feel sorry for Hull.

We managed to squander our early opportunities against The Arse. Frustrating. Oh well, we managed the draw at least.

Edit: i spell gud

edited December 2008
    Four points off someone you're competing against for a CL place is pretty good, all things considered. Six is ideal with the Arse in an injury rut but best laid plans and all that.

Did you see what Phil Brown did to the Tiggers at halftime? Man that is some serious ego smashing. laugh.gif
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Am I the only one pitying Arsenal? I mean come on a bunch of unlucky injuries and a suspension for a ridiculous call?
    edited December 2008
    you are the only one pitying arsenal.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Forza Lazio. rock.gif
    edited December 2008
    I am a supreme-o Arse hater so no, no pity. Especially when Arsene Almighty is a whiner and they keep pretending their transfer policy over the past few years has done anything but make them a profit.
    edited December 2008
    Wenger is hilarious, he needs to go on a comedy tour with Scolari or something.

Edit: RE Cricket: My God, Australia are ridiculous.

edited December 2008
    When Jose was at Chelsea he played Wenger like a master. It was beautiful. Come back, Special One. Italy doesn't deserve you!
    edited December 2008
    edited December 2008
    It's what you get Doomy, when the Australian selectors refuse change, and plays injured players like Simonds over Watson. And still has Hayden in the side. And still has Ponting has captain.

Why is Australia still ranked number 1 again?

And I feel no pity for the cashed up English Premier sides.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Yeah today was just embaressing.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    And I feel no pity for the cashed up English Premier sides.
    Well said!

What? So you guys follow the "big four" in england? Well, I used to be a big Man Utd fan because of a certain Solskjaer... biggrin.gif
    edited December 2008
    I follow City we're big four <span class="spoiler">in the Championship</span>.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    The Panthers just barely won in New Orleans to clinch the NFC South crown and a playoff bye.

I know they're called the Cardiac Cats for a reason, but Jesus.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited December 2008
    I wish that game was on TV where I live, my roommate was freaking out near the end. I just love when the Saints lose on last second field goals.

BUT SRSLY OMG EAGLES

Thank God for the Raiders, 4 straight losses for the Bucs, I really didn't ever see it coming. Not to mention my sympathy team in Houston knocked out the Bears. What an insane turn of events, the playoffs just fell into our laps.

I just wish we got to play the Cards again instead of the Vikings.
    edited December 2008
    If the Raiders had dumped on the Cheatriots I would have been able to call this the season of revenge. Crapping on Fraudvre, knocking the Bucs out, beating Houston (this is more of an L.A. hate than a Raider one)... SO CLOSE.
    edited January 2009
    SO, do city have a new manager yet?
    edited January 2009
    See we didn't get knocked out of the FA Cup by balloons this year so it's improvement ergo Leslie gets to stay.

edit: SWP being out five weeks makes me a sad panda. With Petrov already gone City only have one legit winger anymore (Robinho)... even worse it means I have to see Darius Vassell log significant minutes again. I swear to god the universe conspires to make me see that worthless bum play as often as humanly possible.

edited January 2009
    Hull dropped down a bit, but at least the top 4 aren;t all in the top 4 (one's in the top 5 *eye roll*).
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    The Arizona Cardinals defeated the Falcons largely by running the ball and playing good defense.

*Cues Twilight Zone music*
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited January 2009
    I'm guessing the Falcons are meant to be the Melbourne(AFL) of your footy code world?