If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Parcells has turned around every franchise he's gone to though. I'm legitimately worried the Fins might actually win 5-6 games within the next couple years. But I doubt any will come against the Bills. biggrin.gif
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Lulz, Eli Manning fumbles on the 10 yard line, down by 4 in the 4th. I hate the Giants so much.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited December 2007
    JaMarcus Russell is a bust. Save us Andrew Walter!!!
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Dec. 23 2007,16:31)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Lulz, Eli Manning fumbles on the 10 yard line, down by 4 in the 4th. I hate the Giants so much.</div>
    Did you see that lovely weather? Took me hours to thaw. Every single point scored in that game was in the same end zone - the one going with the wind. Pretty amazing for a game with 59 points. And yeah - I also hate the Giants. They had a mini-army in our stadium today...none too pleased.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Whoa, not sure why my post was modded like that

• Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Being a Bear's fan I feel bad for the Bill's fans that will have to ensure the Jauron era in Buffalo. What sucks even more is that Marv Leavy is backing Jauron all the way.

Davis - I know Jamarcus Russell looks bad right now, but why the heck were the Raiders still starting McCown over the last couple of games? What's Kiffen thinking?
    edited December 2007
    All points were in the same direction? Awesome. I was very sad to find that right after that previous post the Giants scored off and interception and went on to score, score, and score some more. I can't believe they're actually going to the post-season. And I'll absolutely lose it if the Eagles are the only team in the NFC East that doesn't make the playoffs. Now I have to go and root for the Cowboys next week against the Redskins. *sigh* I'll never be able to live this down.
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Vampire Hunter V @ Dec. 23 2007,17:54)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Davis - I know Jamarcus Russell looks bad right now, but why the heck were the Raiders still starting McCown over the last couple of games? What's Kiffen thinking?</div>
    McClown is awful, Lolpepper should've been starting from day one. (You know someone's bad when they should be benched in favor of LOLPEPPER.) Word on the street is that he went with McClown to show everyone that for once Al Davis wasn't calling the shots on something... fantastic!

In all fairness though JMR sat out all of off-season so he knows jack. Starting him now would guarantee he's a bust (which he probably already is).

Calvin Johnson. wow.gif
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Davis @ Dec. 24 2007,16:03)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Calvin Johnson. wow.gif</div>
    Also, Randy Moss. wow.gif
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    So on Saturday (Tomorrow), the NE Patriots are playing the NY Giants to try and become the second team ever with a perfect season. Can they do it? I think the Patriots are the better team, but the Giants are no slouch. If they can take advantage of mistakes while making few of their own, they can win.

There was a whole hullabaloo about NFL Network having exclusivity for that game, but they made a last-minute deal with CBS and ABC to air the game simultaneously with NFL Network.
    edited December 2007
    I love the idea for the simulcast, I would have been sad if the Pats lost without me seeing it. Hey, it might even be a good game if Eli cuts down on his fumbles (5 last game, lulz). I still think it's stupid for them to not rest their starters, since I really don't think they're the team to beat the unbeaten in the first place. Then again, I'd rather see the Giants get mercilessly slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs, so fire away Coughlin.

Also, here's to hoping the Redskins fail miserably this weekend and Minnesota pulls out a win, because I'd hate to see everyone else in the NFC East make it to the playoffs except the Eagles.
    edited December 2007
    The Pats have done it. A perfect 16-0 season. Woohoo!!! First team ever to do this since the NFL changed to a 16 game schedule in 1978.

It was a pretty close game. The Giants had the lead for about half the game. They played pretty well, but the Patriots were the better team in the end, winning 38-35.
    edited December 2007
    I hate those Patriots so much. Too bad I hate the Giants more as an Eagles fan, so I was actually rooting for th Pats (even though they beat us out of a crappely officiated Super Bowl). I hope they can pull off the completely perfect season if they get to the Super Bowl against the Cowboys. If anyone except the Giants make it, of course, I'll root for them.

Also, sad for forgetting the Blazers vs. Sixers game is tomorrow. sad.gif
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Ok, there are some wrong facts here.

1.) It was the 1972 Miami Dolphins that went 14-0 in the regular season. With a Superbowl victory, they went 17-0 that season.

2.) Although the 72 Dolphins were the only team other then the 07 Pats to go undefeated in the regular season after the NFL and the AFL merged, two Chicago Bears teams in the 30s and 40s went 12-0 in regular season play.

3.) It was CBS and NBC carrying the simulcast, not CBS and ABC. laugh.gif

Finally, I need to fix the most obscene error here.

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Also, here's to hoping the Redskins magnificently crush the Cowboys this weekend and Minnesota pulls out in the second quarter, because I completely understand why everyone else in the NFC East made it to the playoffs except the Eagles. </div>

I know it's not your fault Zelgodes. Speaking as Skins fan, I understand how much being the fan of a perennially bad team can make you say things you don't mean. tounge2.gif

Ok, am I just a little hopeful that my boys can bring their A game and beat the Cowboys? Well, considering in their last meeting, it ended very close, and the Cowboys were bringing their A game there. However, with TO out for at least this game, Romo still nursing his thumb, and the Skins coming off of two victories against very tough opponents, I think we have a good chance. I just hope Gibbs doesn't get the bright idea to call two time outs in a row. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
    edited December 2007
    Underwhelm-a-ton @ Pats
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, let's see them go 19-0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited December 2007
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Ok, there are some wrong facts here.

1.) It was the 1972 Miami Dolphins that went 14-0 in the regular season. With a Superbowl victory, they went 17-0 that season.</div>If you add the words "Regular season" to the above, then it's correct. Sorry for the omission.
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">2.) Although the 72 Dolphins were the only team other then the 07 Pats to go undefeated in the regular season after the NFL and the AFL merged, two Chicago Bears teams in the 30s and 40s went 12-0 in regular season play.</div>My mistake there. Didn't know about that. Everyone always talks about the Dolphins. So they are the fourth team ever then?
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">3.) It was CBS and NBC carrying the simulcast, not CBS and ABC. laugh.gif</div>Around the nation that was the case. However, in Boston, both WCVB and WMUR aired the game (Not NBC or CBS). Both of those stations air ABC content. So yeah, I was a little confused there.
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Aquila Hawk @ Dec. 30 2007,01:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Finally, I need to fix the most obscene error here.

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Also, here's to hoping the Redskins magnificently crush the Cowboys this weekend and Minnesota pulls out in the second quarter, because I completely understand why everyone else in the NFC East made it to the playoffs except the Eagles. </div>

I know it's not your fault Zelgodes. ?Speaking as Skins fan, I understand how much being the fan of a perennially bad team can make you say things you don't mean. ?tounge2.gif

Ok, am I just a little hopeful that my boys can bring their A game and beat the Cowboys? ?Well, considering in their last meeting, it ended very close, and the Cowboys were bringing their A game there. ?However, with TO out for at least this game, Romo still nursing his thumb, and the Skins coming off of two victories against very tough opponents, I think we have a good chance. ?I just hope Gibbs doesn't get the bright idea to call two time outs in a row. ?laugh.gif</div>
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Washington wins. I've really been spoiled with all the good seasons my team has gone through the past 7-8 years, I would just be sad if everyone in the East made it to the post season. I don't even have anything against the Skins except for the fact that they're in our division.
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Dec. 30 2007,13:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I don't even have anything against the Skins except for the fact that they're in our division.</div>
    Ah, a common affliction for NFC East fans. Do not worry.

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"> <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">2.) Although the 72 Dolphins were the only team other then the 07 Pats to go undefeated in the regular season after the NFL and the AFL merged, two Chicago Bears teams in the 30s and 40s went 12-0 in regular season play.</div>My mistake there. Didn't know about that. Everyone always talks about the Dolphins. So they are the fourth team ever then?</div>

Yeah, I was surprised with that myself when they said that during the game last night. Go figures, the Bears were actually good at one time. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    Were there ever any AFL teams to do that pre-merger?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    Nope, in fact before 1972, the only time you could say that your team went undefeated in the regular season was when you were a Bears fan.

Anyway, not to put down on the Eagles here, especially since they did win today, but the Redskins totally beat down on the Cowboys today. So I'm actually trying to put down on the Cowboys. Romo and Davis were both hurt, although Romo probably was more shaken then anything. Now, does anyone want to guess why that last play in the 2nd quarter was a BAD idea? Oh yeah, it just exposed Romo to become one with the turf. laugh.gif And we thought he was only bad when his girlfriend was watching. laugh.gif

Also, since the Saints and Vikings lost, the Skins are definitely going post season. Watch out Seahawks. biggrin.gif

Oh, and MC, what's with your Dolphins taking Bill Parcels away from us?!?!? Sure the Dolphins need to be completely overhauled (or put out of their misery, I'm not sure which, but Floridians must love Baltimore now). However, we need him here more. Who else is going to set up golf tournaments in his backyard? Wait, did you think I was talking about the Skins? Nope, I'm talking about someone from the Capital District. Parcels has a home near the 15th green at Saratoga Nationals golf course in Saratoga Springs. He was actually setting up a charity golf tournament for the summer before he took the VP job in Miami. Ah, the man can't stay out of football.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    Hell, I'm surprised he hasn't quit yet. Last time Wayne tried the whole VP of football operations thing, he hired Dan Marino, who quit the next day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    Briian Billick and his entire staff just got fired by the Ravens' president.

Guess he really did lose the players.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited January 2008
    Dumb move to fire Rex Ryan.

And UCLA got Slick Rick so he didn't get poop-canned. sad.gif
    edited January 2008
    Holy Jesus I'm about to have a heart attack watching this Steelers game!
    edited January 2008
    Woo, my bandwagon team (Jags) came out in the end.

MJD > *
    edited January 2008
    That was an awesome game. As much as I don't like them, I give props to the Steelers for hanging in there despite all their injured starters.
    edited January 2008
    *sigh* Another sad year in the end for me. At least I get to look forward to having a fully recovered McNabb next season.
    edited January 2008
    So in football this weekend:

It's the Jacksonville Jaguars at NE Patriots
    San Diego Chargers vs Indianapolis Colts
    Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers
    NY Giants at Dallas Cowboys

I think my team, the NE Patriots, will win. It's true the Jags have some late-season momentum going on (They won their last 7 games), but I think the Patriots have more momentum (16 game streak FTW).

For the rest of the league, I don't know that much about those teams. I think I'll pick the straight ticket (Colts, Packers Cowboys). Call me crazy.
    edited January 2008
    Pats and Jags tied at the half. Keep it up, Jacksonville!