If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2008
    mmhelyfdol72medru1.jpg

Eat this, Brady.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    You know what, I hate both the Pats and Giants (I hate all Boston teams), but I was rooting for the Pats just so they could shutup the '72 Dolphins. Honestly, players from that '72 team shouldn't be getting all the media coverage whenever an undefeated team loses, and they're not the greatest team ever. And celebrating an undefeated team losing to me is wrong and stupid.

I didn't live during that era and I'm not the great football expert, but from what I hear they went undefeated that season because of the lack of competition in 72. The '85 Bears, '86 Giants, the 70's Steel Curtain could mop the floor against Mr Morris and the Dolphins.

This made me want to throw up and is another reason why I hate ESPN and those '72 Dolphins: Mercury Morris interview

Aside from all that, probably the best Super Bowl game I've ever seen. Giants Defense = Super MVP.

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited February 2008
    The Seventies Dolphins also weren't using HGH, taped signals and uncalled helmet-to-helmets.

18-1riots lolololololololol.
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (Davis @ Feb. 03 2008,23:48)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The Seventies Dolphins also weren't using HGH, taped signals and uncalled helmet-to-helmets.

18-1riots lolololololololol.</div>
    They also weren't doing stupid crap like going for it on 4th and 13. That one bit Belicheck in the rear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    Especially since he didn't go for it on like fourth and three. (Or at least kick the field goal. Since, you know, they lost by three whole points.)

Hamartia, ate, hubris, nemesis, bitter tears!
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Feb. 04 2008,00:02)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">mmhelyfdol72medru1.jpg

Eat this, Brady.</div>
    I think they got what they deserved. While I do not follow the sport in the slightest I am aware of the cheating that the Patriots took part in. The fact that the season blew up in their faces pleases me to no end.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (Davis @ Feb. 03 2008,21:48)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The Seventies Dolphins also weren't using HGH, taped signals and uncalled helmet-to-helmets.

18-1riots lolololololololol.</div>
    You know what I'm with you guys, I hate Belicheck, Bruschi, HG-Harrison, but the opportunity to shutup a bunch of old farts from that '72 team would have been priceless.

As for the whole HGH thing, it's everywhere in the NFL no matter how many people wish to ignore it. I'm surprised people aren't as angry about it as in baseball, and fans could argue that there should be an (*) in the NFL record books from the early 90's till now.
    edited February 2008
  • KoverasKoveras New Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Well, North Carolina's lack of defense and over-reliance on one player got exposed last night. Geh.
    edited February 2008
    That game was a win-win for me no matter who came out on top. biggrin.gif
    edited February 2008
    I'm surprised at how well Duke is playing, but I still see an early exit in the Tourney. Maybe a team like Dayton, Drake or Butler can play spoiler like VCU did to Duke last year.

Anybody see that Illinois/Indiana game? Why didn't Bruce Weber bench Frazier for intentionally bumping Gordon during the pregame?
    edited February 2008
    Mwahahaha we own Manchester.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Aston Villa thrash Newcastle and Man city beat united at Old Trafford. Ahhh, a good weekend.
    edited February 2008
    First time since 1974 and the first sweep of them in league play since 69/70.

So basically I can expect another day like today when I'm in my early sixties.
    edited February 2008
    After listening to the Clemens/McNamee hearing yesterday, it seemed like the Republicans went after McNamee more and backed Clemens, whereas the Democrats went after Clemens.

All in all Clemens is screwed. Rusty Hardin is definitely not on my list of lawyers when I need one.
    edited February 2008
    Yeah it's so bleeping stupid that even something like THAT is split along partisan lines.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited February 2008
    So, do any of you guys follow basketball at all? It's been pretty much empty since the Super Bowl ended. I may as well try to strike up some conversation since the season is headed past the halfway point.

Anyway, I'm in a weird position, because the two teams I usually cheer for, the 76ers and the Nuggets, are right on the cusp of the playoffs, tied with two other teams. The best part is the fact that the Sixers are 9.5 games behind the Nuggets and have a significantly losing record. The East is pretty sad this year. I didn't really pay much attention last season, but it's just sad right now.
    edited February 2008
    Sorry, no real interest in basketball here. I keep away from it so I don't get tempted to hang myself at the sight of how horrible the Heat are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    Haha, they already clinched a losing record. laugh.gif
    edited February 2008
    I haven't been keeping up with the NBA this year because the Bulls are bad. They're an average jump-shooting team without a superstar. Skiles got the most out of his players until he got fired which I'm still a bit upset about. Passing up on Brandon Roy or trading LaMarcus Aldridge has really hurt the Bulls from that draft 2 years ago. Plus the Ben Wallace signing...I could go on and on.

As far as the rest of the NBA, I also root for the Pistons, Rasheed Wallace is one my favorite NBA players. I'd also like to see the Atlanta Hawks make the playoffs and make a run, we'll see how that Bibby trade works out.

The 76ers are actually playing better than a lot of people expected, they'll need a couple of good draft picks to get back in the playoff picture in the near future. The Nuggets are just stuck in a tough conference.
    edited February 2008
    Lakers back in contention.

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World."
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (Davis @ Feb. 18 2008,19:18)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Lakers back in contention.

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World."</div>
    In a way I'd like to see Kobe take the Lakers to the Finals, so they can stick it to Bulls GM John Paxson and the Bulls from all the Kobe trade talk at the beginning of the season. There's talk around Chicago that Paxson received an offer for Kobe by giving up Deng, Gordon, but he didn't want to give them up.

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited February 2008
    There's a damn good tri nation series on at the moment between Australia, Sri Lanka and India.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    The Panthers do this to me every year it seems. Last year they got my hopes up by hiring a new Offensive Coordinator among other things, and then proceeded to lose one game more than they did the previous year. Now they're doing awesome stuff again, releasing Foster and Morgan and hiring back Moose.

Please Panthers. At least make it to the playoffs this year. My heart can't take this kinda crap.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited February 2008
    I'm liking the way the Sixers look right now. We actually got up to third in the Atlantic division with the Nets playing so badly. Depressingly enough, that gives us the 6th spot in the East right now, not directly in the wrecking path of Boston and Detroit.

Also, 138 for Denver tonight, highest score in the NBA so far this season.

Actually, my mistake, Sixers are 7th in the East. Getting a bit ahead of myself there.

edited March 2008
    <div>
    (Zelgodes @ Feb. 27 2008,15:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'm liking the way the Sixers look right now. We actually got up to third in the Atlantic division with the Nets playing so badly. Depressingly enough, that gives us the 6th spot in the East right now, not directly in the wrecking path of Boston and Detroit.</div>
    Yeah the Leastern Conference is a laugh riot right now. Single table league plz, Stern!

Also, playoffs Slayer? I've forgotten what those feel like...
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Dammit Arsenal, why you got to ruin everything.
    edited March 2008
    srsly. Worthless Gooners are worhless.

Almost like Citeh's play at Eastlands of late. sad.gif
    edited March 2008
    Mhmm, Asante Samuel is gonna look real nice in that Eagles secondary for the next 6 years.
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    The Boston Celtics (my home team) are doing pretty good. They have the most wins and highest win percent of all NBA teams right now.
    Also, the Patriots are doing pretty good (though they did not win the Super Bowl) and the Red Sox are doing well also (they did win the World Series last year).