If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Damn you Randy Moss and your staying with the Patriots. Eh, it's not like we had a chance of seeing him anywhere else. Still sad.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 2008
    I just have to say one thing: BARNSLEY FOR THE CUP!
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    The Panthers just nabbed D.J. Hackett on a two year $3.5 million contract.

To say I'm excited would be a gross understatement. Smith, Moose, and Hackett on the same team? I might just faint.

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited March 2008
    168 points against the Sonics?! Jesus, I can't believe I missed that Nuggets game. Triple double for Camby, lulz.

76ers are 1.5 games out of only having to play the Cavs in the playoffs. Just beat Detroit and San Antonio over our last 3 games, so I wouldn't feel too bad about that. I'm so happy every time I think about how good they're playing right now. ONE GAME UNDER .500
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Hackett was a great pickup for the Panthers and will give Smith some help. However I hate to say that Moose is done. He's a great personality on tv, but dropped too many passes for the Bears last year and is a bit slow.

After taking a quick look at the NCAA brackets, Temple has a good chance to make the Sweet 16 and K-State may have a chance to setup a rematch against Kansas in the Great Eight. All in all though, Davis' Bruins are too good.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Looks like Victoria is going to lose to New South Wales in the Pure Cup.

Of course they did happen to get back 4 to 5 World Class players NSW, so it was to be expected!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited March 2008
    <div>
    (The Doomhammer @ Mar. 08 2008,09:22)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I just have to say one thing: BARNSLEY FOR THE CUP!</div>
    West Bromwich Albion or bust! I want to cry when I see Ishmael Miller (sold for a measley 1.5 million quid) hoist silverware that actually means something while Citeh is still like twenty years away from doing it themselves.

RE March Madness: We have such a pathetic bracket and I love it. If Howland can't get the team to San Antonio he should be fired the next day.
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Houston's kickin' major whoop now. Im half-tempted to abandon the team I cheer for in the West (Golden State Warriors) and go for them. But then, I wouldn't be cheering for the underdog now, would I? tounge2.gif

As far as football goes, still pissed that Portsmouth beat United. Hope Fergie quits bellyaching though and bounces back in the Champion's League and the Premier League (in which we're doing quite well).

edited March 2008
    It's pretty crazy how good Defoe has been since he transfered over to Pompey.

Not that Spurs really needed help up front, but damn the guy is looking sooooo good right now.

Wish Benjani had been as explosive since he came over to Eastlands. sad.gif I'll take a goal in the Manchester derby though!
    edited March 2008
    Alright my Final Four is: Louisville, Kansas, Stanford, UCLA with Kansas winning it all.

Upsets: All 4 Big Ten teams will lose in the 1st Round (that includes CS Fullerton over Wisconsin), Winthrop in the Sweet 16, and Gonzaga in the Great Eight.
    edited March 2008
    I knew a guy that had LBSU as a Sweet Sixteen sleeper in our bracket last year.

Needless to say Big West programs are not good sleeper picks.

My Final Four is pretty vanilla, all one and two seeds. My only WTF picks are Kentucky to the Sweet Sixteen and West Virginia in the Elite Eight.

edited March 2008
    This is interesting. The Panthers website says that they signed safety Terrence Holt, but I can find no other news outlet that confirms this.
    edited March 2008
    Geelong has won there Round 1 match, though only by 9 points. First round you expect some tiredness, and it was apparent, but we held on strong to take home the 4 ladder points!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    edited March 2008
    Haha UCLA dominated tonight.

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Mississippi Valley State scored the fewest points in the tournament since 1946, when Baylor had 29 in a loss to Oklahoma State. The Delta Devils also set two dubious first-round records. They had the fewest points in a game, breaking the mark of 32 by Wisconsin against Missouri State in 1999. Their 19.7 percent was the lowest field-goal shooting rate, worse than North Carolina A&T?s 27.1 percent against Princeton in 1983.</div>

P.S. Bleepin' Kentucky scrubbed out. I had them Sweet Sixteen. mad.gif
    edited March 2008
    The Belmont Bruins almost made my day yesterday, losing by 1 to Duke. Honestly they should have won that game. They had the ball with less than 25 seconds and they don't call a timeout. That led to Henderson dribbling across the court for an easy layup. That's alright, Huggins and WVU will put them away on Saturday.
    edited March 2008
    That Belmont game drove me up the wall. By far one of the worst designed plays used in the closing seconds I've seen, well, ever.

Stuff like that and Mississippi Valley State are why I'm opposed to expanding the tournament even more.

edited March 2008
    76ers are at .500 for the first time since the first four games of the season! I love this time all of a sudden, it's a great feeling.
    edited March 2008
    Go USD! Makin' the trip to San Antonio lighter and lighter!
    edited March 2008
    So does .500 mean they have won and lost the saem amount of games? Seems a weird way to keep track of teams.
    edited March 2008
    God I love UCLA's region. Thx Selection Committee!
    edited March 2008
    SIXERS BEAT CELTICS ON THE ROAD. I love basketball.

Also, lame way for the Lakers to win tonight, but I don't care because the Warriors lost. sleeping.gif

edited April 2008
    The Penguins just slaughtered the Senators 4-0 in the series opener.

Revenge is so very, very sweet.
    edited April 2008
    Jeez not you too Slayer. EVERYONE ON THE DAMN INTERNET IS A PENS FAN.
    edited April 2008
    I live in Pittsburgh Davis, and I have to make up for the fact that I hate the Steelers somehow. laugh.gif
    edited April 2008
    Who are these Pens?

ANyways Geelong after 3 rounds is nicely positioned on the top of the ladder!
    edited April 2008
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    edited April 2008
    Playoffs have always been a sore subject for me (Philly fan). Right about now, I'm s**tting myself in anticipation of the NBA series now, 76ers against Pistons. First, I thought there wasn't really a chance in hell, except for that we beat them twice in a row in the regular season. Then we managed to take a road game (the first, nonetheless), and now we're leading heading into the half at home. Even if/when we lose this series, I can't believe how far we got less than to years after trading A.I., so I'm really looking forward to the offseason to see if we get anything new going for us.

edited April 2008
    Stern can bite me for hiding the Raptors on NBA TV. Who wants to watch the Cadavers and Ku Klux Klan ranks blow each other out??? NOBODY.
    edited April 2008
    Haha, White Out. I have no idea what that's about, but the Sixers are doing it too.

I'd be pissed about NBA TV matchups, but my friends get it off their cable plan, so I luck out there. I still hate the idea of NFL/NBA TV, since good games always end up on there. They should really get included in basic cable plans, or at least get simul-casts like the Giants/Pats game last season.

Now with the confidence boost, Sixers 95 Pistons 75. I can only hope for another home win Sunday, and we'll have a commanding lead in the series. Man, this team is looking great right now.

edited April 2008
    Jonathan Stewart *and* Jeff Otah in the first round? I love you Panthers organization.