If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sports

Comments

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited June 2008
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Awesome. Coming from a Sixers fan, sadly enough, go Celtics... *cry*</div>Let's not forget the wise words of NostraDavis: <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Boston = Choke City</div>
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited June 2008
    Oh man, Spain actually won a major tournament. The end times are upon us.
  • CarontCaront Member Full Members
    edited June 2008
    Hey, if they can repeat that success in South Africa and the US team can actually show up for this World Cup. . yeah, you might want to build those shelters. biggrin.gif

Sincerely,
    Caront
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited June 2008
    WC 2010 is ours. We beat Barbados eight-nil!
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited June 2008
    LOLSpain.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2008
    Stupid Baron Davis signing with the Clippers. Now there's virtually no chance Elton Brand will miraculously join the Sixers. sad.gif
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited July 2008
    Woot, Geelong is sitting a game and a half clear on top of the Aussy Rules ladder.

Also go Cadel Evens!
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited July 2008
    I can't wait until college football season starts (T minus 37 days and counting).

I am concerned, however, that Auburn is ranked so high to start the season. AU generally plays better as the underdog.

Sincerely,
    Caront
    edited July 2008
    Geelong played its 2nd worse footbal this year. And won by 11.

We need Ablett, Ling, Wojinksy, and Milburn back ASAP.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    I must reiterate just how excited I am for football season to begin. Everything coming out of Panthers training camp is good news, and it's only the second day!
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited July 2008
    How dare you care about your team, Slayer. BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE.
    edited July 2008
    My roommate's a Carolina fan, so he's pretty excited about this season too. I have myself worked up a bit about Philly, since McNabb will (hopefully) be healthy for the season. Just as long as Samuel's injury isn't anything to worry about, we should do better than last year, at least.

Also, lulz at McNabb's overconfidence. At least he's not openly promising a 10 win season.
    edited July 2008
    Man it must suck to be an optimistic NFL fan. I know the Raiders will be a four win team every year before they even take a snap.

edited July 2008
    Haha, when I passed by the Raiders store in Citywalk in LA I laughed a little bit.
    edited July 2008
    Heh. . if John Madden were dead, he'd be rolling in his grave.

Sincerely,
    Caront
    edited July 2008
    OMG Kwame Brown in the East, watch out friends!
    edited July 2008
    Rebuilding for the future.

With Kwame Brown.

I think I've heard this one before.
  • GooseAssGooseAss Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    i didn't read this whole thread, but does anybody else watch fights? i watch a lot of MMA and muay thai, with a smattering of judo, submission wrestling, amateur wrestling, and boxing.
    edited July 2008
    I like to watch UFC whenever I randomly find it on, or Wreckage if I chance upon VS. when it's on. I like to check when big fight nights are on Spike, but I forget a lot. One of friends at school always knows when they're on though. I like randomly watching old boxing matches when they're on late night ESPN2, but nothing religious.

I just saw my first Anderson Silva fight a couple days ago, and it was the coolest thing. I forget who he was fighting, but he just caught the guy's leg off a weak mid-section kick and slugged him. It was pretty awesome.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    Lol I love watching the NRL posturing an trying to act tough over the sonny bill williams incident. If you can't afford to pay your players their market worth then good luck keeping them.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
    edited July 2008
    <div>
    (GooseAss @ Jul. 30 2008,09:57)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">i didn't read this whole thread, but does anybody else watch fights? i watch a lot of MMA and muay thai, with a smattering of judo, submission wrestling, amateur wrestling, and boxing.</div>
    I've been trying to get into it for around a year. It's been slow going since I never was around it much, but I've gotta "get it" if I want to keep watching combat sports.
  • GooseAssGooseAss Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    WEC (wreckage) is awesome! they have lighter weight fighters (135 and 145 lbs) which are always the most exciting and skilled guys. miguel torres is an animal.

anderson silva is also a machine, i love watching him. the guy he fought was James Irvin, and it was crazy that anderson put him away with one punch like that. his punches don't look like they have much on them, but they have deceptive power.
    edited July 2008
    Jesus, Griffey to the ChiSox and Manny to the Dodgers. I haven't been paying attention today, I just found out. Wacky stuff.
    edited July 2008
    Ha!

Manny in the NL. . it'll be fun to see if Torre puts up with "Manny being Manny." biggrin.gif

Sincerely,
    Caront
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Oh man. That game against the Colts gave me chills. The first team offensive line was opening up these *huge* f-ing holes, and DeAngelo did not waste the oppurtunity to exploit them.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Watching USA vs. China right now. ?If the US loses I will, like, laugh at everyone who said the Redeem Team is gonna make it this year.

Granted, Argentina isn't favored to defend the crown this Olympics.

Edit - Fraking FIBA rules. If the refs would allow chokeholds you'd think you were watching professional wrestling with a ball.

edited August 2008
    Even with a choker and a has been coaching no one will stop USA Basketball this year. Sorry folks.

Also I like how a US "B" swim team broke a world record.
    edited August 2008
    I'd find it funny if Australia beat ya. Though thats more likely in the womans basketball.

Never underestimate Australia, we've been up there at the medal talleys for a few years now.

And geelong has just about taken out the mnor premiership, with 3 rounds to go.
    edited August 2008
    ANDREW BOGUT IS THE TRUTH, BAIN
  • - Locke -- Locke - Member Full Members
    edited August 2008
    Redeem Team FTW.

Spain and Lithuania are the biggest tests for them IMO.

Granted, Australia are Dark Horses since they almost beat U.S. in an exhibition game a week ago.

Still, Kobe, James, Wade & Kidd's pinpoint passing and experience are enough to secure victory.

On another note, why wasn't anyone on the championship Celtics team on the roster? You would think they'd get a Garnett (for size purposes), and maybe a Pierce to relieve Melo (or the other way around). Then remove Boozer from the team for KG and Prince for Pierce.

Is there something I'm missing here?