If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dungeon Explorer for DS and PSP

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited November 2007 in Latest Updates
Hudson Entertainment brings fans of the classic Dungeon Explorer games a ray of hope, as they announce the release of two unique games to the series.

PSP
1 Art

12 Screens

DS
12 Art
11 Screens

Comments

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    If it uses passwords, I'm not even bothering. Seriously, the password system Dungeon Explorer for the TG16 used was atrocious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • MuneTeikaMuneTeika Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    What game nowadays actually utilizes a password system?

• neistneist Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Nov. 15 2007,22:39)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">If it uses passwords, I'm not even bothering. Seriously, the password system Dungeon Explorer for the TG16 used was atrocious.</div>
    Hehe. I remember having little notebooks filled with dozens of codes.

I doubt they would go that route though. It seems too archaic.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I love Mega Man games, But I can hardly play the old ones because of the stupid password system.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited November 2007
    First post updated with PSP Art and higher res images.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • scorpioscorpio Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    this looks really basic, i wont be adding this one to any furture DS/PSP christmas list... this game aint touchin my new psp.

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    wow... I didn't know it was possible to care so little about an upcoming game of any kind.

This looks positively unremarkable in every way
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Generic looking game is generic looking.
    edited November 2007
    To be fair, the original Dungeon Explorer wasn't exactly original in its time either. Hell, most HuCard games sucked once you got past Devil's Crush, Cadash and the space shooters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MuneTeikaMuneTeika Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Nov. 17 2007,17:07)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">To be fair, the original Dungeon Explorer wasn't exactly original in its time either. Hell, most HuCard games sucked once you got past Devil's Crush, Cadash and the space shooters.</div>
    Somebody else who's played Devil's Crush <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    I was so addicted to Devil's Crush, the music, the gameplay... I played it until I got insane points.
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (MuneTeika @ Nov. 17 2007,17:59)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (MasterChief @ Nov. 17 2007,17:07)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">To be fair, the original Dungeon Explorer wasn't exactly original in its time either. Hell, most HuCard games sucked once you got past Devil's Crush, Cadash and the space shooters.</div>
    Somebody else who's played Devil's Crush <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    I was so addicted to Devil's Crush, the music, the gameplay... I played it until I got insane points.</div>
    Hah hah... me too!

Old school
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited November 2007
    Well, what self-respecting pinball fan WOULDN'T love Devil's Crush? Too bad the game never got a proper sequel (It was actually the successor to the much less interesting Alien Crush). It also sucks that the game was censored for the Virtual Console (five-point pentagrams have been replaced with triangles, of all things).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    Of course it wasn't. tounge2.gif It was little more than a Gauntlet clone with some incredibly basic story telling.

It was fun though. I'm definitely going to pick up the DS version, at the very least. If nothing else for the wifi co-op it promises.
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (neist @ Nov. 18 2007,10:07)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    Of course it wasn't. tounge2.gif It was little more than a Gauntlet clone with some incredibly basic story telling.

It was fun though. I'm definitely going to pick up the DS version, at the very least. If nothing else for the wifi co-op it promises.</div>
    Nah. It wasn't very fun either. Just basic, boring hack and slash with as stated, basic storyline.
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, there were better hack n slashers on the NES (most notably Gauntlet II).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2007
    Gauntlet II is a classic!

But of course, it's still jsut a boring hack'n'slash. I think I like it still purely out of nostalgia
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Nov. 19 2007,10:06)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Gauntlet II is a classic!

But of course, it's still jsut a boring hack'n'slash. I think I like it still purely out of nostalgia</div>
    Agreed.

But lets face it, most hack and slash is fairly mindless anyway. smile.gif Now with next-gen systems they just throw 300 mobs on the screen at once to make it seem more dynamic.

Now, the original was made in 1989. Who knows what this game is going to be like. Theres simply no telling.

edited November 2007
    <div>
    (neist @ Nov. 19 2007,11:17)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (ConfessorRahl @ Nov. 19 2007,10:06)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Gauntlet II is a classic!

But of course, it's still jsut a boring hack'n'slash. I think I like it still purely out of nostalgia</div>
    Agreed.

But lets face it, most hack and slash is fairly mindless anyway. smile.gif Now with next-gen systems they just throw 300 mobs on the screen at once to make it seem more dynamic.

Now, the original was made in 1989. Who knows what this game is going to be like. Theres simply no telling.</div>
    I do wonder if they are ever gonna release that remake of the Golden Axe series?