If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy IV - 4 Propaganda

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited November 2007 in Latest Updates
Is that? Could it be? Yes indeed, these appear to contain some of the previously unreleased content that will breathe new life into a great classic.

4 Propaganda

Comments

• VncentValntineVncentValntine Pretty much... Full Members
    edited November 2007
    There's your new Amano Art
  • Time/Space MageTime/Space Mage Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Gah, why does Amano always make everyone look like someone's grandparents? At least Golbez is looking awesome as usual.
  • andytheladandythelad Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    someone please translate??
    = (

I love ffIV and i have no idea whats going on
  • ShykidShykid Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    The first scan seems to indicate that they're going to go more in-depth about Cecil and Golbez's past. At least, that's what I gather from what Cecil says in the screenshot there.

The box art for the game is the original Amano art. I'm pretty sure that the new images of Cecil and co. are by another artist (a woman, if I remember right) who's doing new designs based off of Amano's.

To say I'm excited for this would be an understatement, to say the least.
  • VirtuosoVirtuoso Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    What's with the gingerbread man?
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Some new create-a-character mode?
  • RokuRoku Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I guess I'll be buying yet another copy of this game....
  • VncentValntineVncentValntine Pretty much... Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (Shykid @ Nov. 22 2007,05:57)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The box art for the game is the original Amano art. I'm pretty sure that the new images of Cecil and co. are by another artist (a woman, if I remember right) who's doing new designs based off of Amano's.</div>
    But the bottom right says "Illustration: 2007 Yoshitaka Amano"
  • VirtuosoVirtuoso Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I so want a DS for this. Rosa looks incredibly sexy in this version. Plus I wanna see what the gingerbread man's all about.
  • EliEli Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (Virtuoso @ Nov. 22 2007,09:43)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">What's with the gingerbread man?</div>
    I was going to do a translation of the article, but I'm a little busy. So I'll just sum up. ^_^ Poochika, the 'gingerbread man', is a new summon. He looks pathetic, but is capable of becoming strong via customisation. You can equip up to five of your party's abilities to him, and when summoned he replaces Rydia and can use those abilities (I don't know if that means he's AI controlled or not. The article doesn't make it clear ^_^). You are also capable of customising his face, as the article shows with its example of a Moogle face. It also says you can customise his body, but doesn't go into any detail there. Maybe funny little costumes or something? *dies of sugar overload*

Anyway, his stats can be raised by playing one of five different minigames (it only goes into detail on one, which is bashing goblins with Cecil using the touch screen). Via the minigames, you earn points that can be used to make Poochika stronger. Finally, you're able to link up via wireless, and pit your carefully raised little summon against those of others, ala Pokemon. ^_~;

Hope that helps~

• DiceDice Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    One thing I'll give this game credit for (besides the usual); was the fact its story was better then the game that came after. Hell, even Golbez's name is better than the big villain of FFV's. XDeath, to me, sounds worse than Princess Peach's name in the old days...."Princess". >__>
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (Dice @ Nov. 26 2007,13:12)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">One thing I'll give this game credit for (besides the usual); was the fact its story was better then the game that came after. ?Hell, even Golbez's name is better than the big villain of FFV's. ?XDeath, to me, sounds worse than Princess Peach's name in the old days...."Princess". >__></div>
    I hated FFIV's story. Sure, FFV is about as shallow as a kiddy pool, but it got its tone right. FFIV tried to feel epic, and I just didn't feel like it accomplished that goal. FFV tried to be light-hearted and sort of a Saturday cartoon, and it excelled at doing that. However, I will agree with Ex Death's name...

I consider the soundtrack and battle system (and only the battle system, as there wasn't much character customization) the highlights of FFIV. FFI-III had some amazing tracks, but I felt that FFIV was the first one Uematsu created an entire score that was unforgettable (and it's been like that since then, with a few exceptions like FFV and FFX). And, while some people don't like ATB, I fought max-speed, ATB, five-party-member battles were just fun (and later on challenging).

• BalzacBalzac Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (Clix @ Nov. 26 2007,16:45)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Dice @ Nov. 26 2007,13:12)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">One thing I'll give this game credit for (besides the usual); was the fact its story was better then the game that came after. Hell, even Golbez's name is better than the big villain of FFV's. XDeath, to me, sounds worse than Princess Peach's name in the old days...."Princess". >__></div>
    I hated FFIV's story. Sure, FFV is about as shallow as a kiddy pool, but it got its tone right. FFIV tried to feel epic, and I just didn't feel like it accomplished that goal. FFV tried to be light-hearted and sort of a Saturday cartoon, and it excelled at doing that. However, I will agree with Ex Death's name...

I consider the soundtrack and battle system (and only the battle system, as there wasn't much character customization) the highlights of FFIV. FFI-III had some amazing tracks, but I felt that FFIV was the first one Uematsu created an entire score that was unforgettable (and it's been like that since then, with a few exceptions like FFV and FFX). And, while some people don't like ATB, I fought max-speed, ATB, five-party-member battles were just fun (and later on challenging).</div>
    FFIV was epic. At least when it was released. I had never played anything like it before it came out.