If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Shivering Isles Announced for PSN

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited November 2007 in Latest Updates
Finally, Playstation 3 owners can battle their way through the monsters, magicians and a myriad of other creatures on the Shivering Isles expansion now available, mischief and destruction can be continued in a whole new realm.

Comments

• RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited November 2007
    My wife and I recently got way into this, but since we just started, we can wait a while to start into an expansion's content, for sure. Oblivion is huge. By the time a $20 price tag happens, we'll probably be ready for Shivering Isles.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Isn't Shivering Isles already out as a stand-alone disc for the PS3? Why even bother with PSN at this point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • neistneist Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Nov. 24 2007,17:10)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Isn't Shivering Isles already out as a stand-alone disc for the PS3? ?Why even bother with PSN at this point?</div>
    Because they dont want to do another production run and probably have more profit on a digital distribution copy.

.. In fact I'd say theres a LOT more profit in a digital distribution copy.
    edited November 2007
    <div>
    (neist @ Nov. 24 2007,20:52)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (MasterChief @ Nov. 24 2007,17:10)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Isn't Shivering Isles already out as a stand-alone disc for the PS3? Why even bother with PSN at this point?</div>
    Because they dont want to do another production run and probably have more profit on a digital distribution copy.

.. In fact I'd say theres a LOT more profit in a digital distribution copy.</div>
    Save that you cut off accessibility to a large part of the market. America isn't as broadband-enabled as some would like to believe, especially in rural/suburban areas.

Also, the pack's been available on XBL for a good long while, and they're still making Shivering Isles + Knights of the Nine discs readily available for 360.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalzacBalzac Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    Well, there's already a PS3 version that comes with the game and the expansion, so the expansion will probably have a short shelf life.
    edited November 2007
    Oh I imagine the standalone disc will be gone, right around the time they stop making the base version of Oblivion. However, it IS nice that they're doing this for the rest of us. The gesture is appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    This will be good for me just because I have played the game on my friend's 360 over the last year or so, but never delved too deep because I dont have one myself. Since i'm getting a PS3 for christmas, I will no doubt get this. So yeah. Cool.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • EcbatanEcbatan Member Full Members
    edited November 2007
    I'm gonna get it...
    edited November 2007
    Ec - Well if you haven't gotten the game at all, you're probably just better off getting GOTY.

Though oddly enough neither the expansion disc or the GOTY version comes with the DLC the way the Knights of the Nine disc for PC did (horse armor, vile lair, etc).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]