If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Disgaea 3 Media

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited December 2007 in Latest Updates
It's just about time to get loaded into a gun and shot into the twilight. I must say, bullet surfing seems like it would be a popular sport.

47 Screens
3 Art

Comments

• HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
  • GooseAssGooseAss Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    i'm so excited, and i just can't hide it. i'm about to lose control, and i think i like it.

...too bad i don't have a PS3 sad.gif
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Hi low res sprites!

It still looks like it might be good though.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Meh. I really don't agree with putting this one the PS3. PSP, sure.

IT really doesn't make that much sense to me. I know NI likes to keep that traditional look. But isn't this kind of stretching it a bit?
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Cerpin TaxtCerpin Taxt Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    No, it definitely doesn't need to be on the PS3. I'll still pick it up (after I pick up a PS3)...but, what else would it be on? Nippon Ichi would go bankrupt if it released Disgaea 3 on 360. I think it would sell very well on Wii, since a lot of fans probably bought one. A handheld Disgaea actually seems like a good idea.
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Cerpin Taxt @ Dec. 02 2007,13:01)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">No, it definitely doesn't need to be on the PS3. I'll still pick it up (after I pick up a PS3)...but, what else would it be on? Nippon Ichi would go bankrupt if it released Disgaea 3 on 360. I think it would sell very well on Wii, since a lot of fans probably bought one. A handheld Disgaea actually seems like a good idea.</div>
    I think the most logical systems for NI to pursue his TRPG fetish would be the PSP or the DS. Given that the DS is the top handheld system at the moment, naturally in terms of sales it would be wise to go with that one... but I still have hopes for the PSP, epsecially recently
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • potatomanjackpotatomanjack Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Crap! It's on PS3?

Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy a PS3 now... Hopefully by the time that Disgaea 3 comes out, they'll be at least 1 or 2 other games on PS3 that I'm at least slightly interested in. I hate buying a console for a single game... (I've done it before)
  • GooseAssGooseAss Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    the DS would have been a nice choice, and IIRC there are quite a few more of them out there than PS3s, so it would probably make sense from a business perspective as well.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Even the remakes of FF1 & 2 for the PSP have better resolution and texture than this.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (LordKaiser @ Dec. 03 2007,22:03)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Even the remakes of FF1 & 2 for the PSP have better resolution and texture than this.</div>
    It is true...

But then again, we do not know if this is the final product (although, I kind of doubt it will change too much)

I would even be happy if the texturing/resolution was the quality of the previously mentioned titles... they are beautiful!

• RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Cerpin Taxt @ Dec. 02 2007,16:01)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">No, it definitely doesn't need to be on the PS3. I'll still pick it up (after I pick up a PS3)...but, what else would it be on? Nippon Ichi would go bankrupt if it released Disgaea 3 on 360. I think it would sell very well on Wii, since a lot of fans probably bought one. A handheld Disgaea actually seems like a good idea.</div>
    You're kidding... right? How about ... oh, I don't know ... the three billion PS2 owners out there who haven't actually burned their consoles just because the "next gen" has been launched? They'd actually probably have a bigger market out there than going to the PS3. And it's not like this is a title that couldn't be represented properly on the older system... Besides, this is hardly the kind of title people are going "next gen" for in the first place. A bizarre choice, to my way of thinking...
  • ScootydowopScootydowop New Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    It would make sense to sling this onto the PS2, but maybe they wanna see if they can go from system dwellers to system sellers, in appeal?