If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Seiken Densetsu GBA's first look.

ChocoChoco MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
All skepticism may cease. Here is proof! You all know you wanted more Seiken Densetsu... you know it!!

Ahh, the classic look. While I heartily enjoyed the 4th installment, I still prefer the look from the 2nd and 3rd games.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2002
    Looks nice biggrin.gif
    I wish American magazines looked this good, they never show the game artwork.
  • WeekendRisktakerWeekendRisktaker Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    seems like a happy medium between the earlier games and Legend of Mana. And it looks like they're taking a lot from LoM in any case (Li'l Cactus&#33wink.gif Artwork looks like it's straight out of it, too...
  • Temple_PriestessTemple_Priestess Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I'm a lil confused--is this a remake of Seiken Densetsu (Final Fantasy Adventure) or a completely new story?
  • NeostormNeostorm Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    All signs point to: "Remake".

It's not too bad when they do a complete overhaul like this, but when are gamers going to get fed up with buying the same old games the second, third and fourth times around?
  • WeekendRisktakerWeekendRisktaker Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    No, doesn't really look like a remake. Yes, the screenshot on the upper left side looks a bit like the Vampire's castle from FFA, but the plant boss on the bottm and Li'l Cactus definitely are NOT from the GB Seiken game. What I'm curious about is the text on the center-left, I can't increase the size of the picture without rendering it illegible, and I can't read it when it's that small. sad.gif
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Neostorm @ Dec. 17 2002,05:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"All signs point to: "Remake".

It's not too bad when they do a complete overhaul like this, but when are gamers going to get fed up with buying the same old games the second, third and fourth times around?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Never, probably. Especially when they're such old games that many people didn't play the first time around. And even more especially when they're so redone that they don't look like the original game at all (if it is indeed a remake).

I've said it before: I'm a sucker for old games. As long as they keep bringing them back from the grave for me to play on new systems, I'll keep buying them.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    when i first heard of a new mana game i knew it would look like the SNES game because its on the gameboy advance.i agree...i loved legend of mana.its one of the most underated rpg's.the games graphics are classic art(also saga frontier 2)...i cant wait for this game...
  • Temple_PriestessTemple_Priestess Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I wouldn't mind at all if it was a remake, maybe with some new quests/areas/etc. FFA was one of my fave games on GameBoy, along with FF Legend 2.
    BTW, if anyone is interested, I'm doing a fan fic/novelization of FFA, which can be found here:
    http://www.fandomination.net/?mode=fanfic&FanficID=2416