If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Lost Odyssey - 13 Screens

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited December 2007 in Latest Updates
Each screenshot released only proves all that much more that Sakaguchi knows what he's doing. Massive armies, battles with dragons, interesting characters and unique cityscapes, Lost Odyssey certainly has it all and more.

13 Screens

Comments

• HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Do want. Looks epic.
  • ImmortalisImmortalis Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Definatly looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be able to meet our expectations.

• ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2007
    *Crossing fingers* If the gameplay is at least tolerable, I will no doubt buy this game, as everything else has had me sold since day one. It's definately beautiful, and I am looking foward to the story, as well as the novella inserts during the game.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Yyyyeeesssss... looks so gorgeous. I'm sold on it for sure.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited December 2007
    3x cut you say? Psh, amateurs.

• Killer LinkKiller Link Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Well it seems like that this game just didn't do to well in japan, with it's first week out only selling 55,000 copies, making it 7th this week in the top 10
  • neistneist Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Killer Link @ Dec. 13 2007,07:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Well it seems like that this game just didn't do to well in japan, with it's first week out only selling 55,000 copies, making it 7th this week in the top 10</div>
    You have to consider the amount of Xbox 360's in Japan, though. I do not know the exact numbers, but the Xbox 360 is a TERRIBLE failure Japan. If notice the game above Lost Odyssey on those Media Create numbers is Dragon Quest IV. Granted, the game has been out for several months, I'd hardly consider that a terrific failure.

Like I said, I dont know the total number of 360's in Japan, but considering 55,000 sold, thats not a horrible attach rate. Ace Combat was HUUUGE in Japan and it only sold around 76,000 in the first week.
  • J_SenseiJ_Sensei Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Want. Want badly.
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Great environments, ugly character designs. But I will totally forgive that if the game is good!
  • scorpioscorpio Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Um... beautiful character designs and environmnets. The game looks beautiful overall. I like the fact that the characters don't look like typical rpg characters.
  • MetalKingSlimeMetalKingSlime Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    very nice screens.
  • ZhemosZhemos Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Am I the only who thinks this game is gonna totally flop?
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Zhemos @ Dec. 13 2007,14:42)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Am I the only who thinks this game is gonna totally flop?</div>
    Yes.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Zhemos @ Dec. 13 2007,14:42)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Am I the only who thinks this game is gonna totally flop?</div>
    Hmmm... Yeah, you are.

What would lead you to believe this?
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (sniffy @ Dec. 13 2007,09:08)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Great environments, ugly character designs. But I will totally forgive that if the game is good!</div>
    But not as ugly as the FFXII character design.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • ZhemosZhemos Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    The character designs are horrendous, annoying random battle system, same 20 year old turned combat system.

I'm not trying to start a flame, I just don't see the point. Oh well, guess it just doesn't appeal to me. ><
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">The character designs are horrendous</div>
    Could you provide an example of what you think is good character design?

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">same 20 year old turned combat system.</div>
    No, not really. It's a got a timing feature akin to Shadow Hearts or maybe Superstar Saga. I don't exactly know how it works yet.