If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tales of Symphonia: KoR - 1 Propaganda

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited December 2007 in Latest Updates
With a chance to journey the lands of Sylvarant once more, one has to wonder just how they plan to implement the Wiimote into the scheme of things.

1 Propaganda

Comments

• doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Alas, one of those rare Tales games where the female lead actually looks good and on a system I won't have in a while.

(no i don't pick my games this way, but it sure doesn't hurt the eye tounge2.gif)
  • GraysonGrayson Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (dorian @ Dec. 19 2007,18:16)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Alas, one of those rare Tales games where the female lead actually looks good and on a system I won't have in a while.

(no i don't pick my games this way, but it sure doesn't hurt the eye tounge2.gif)</div>
    Actually, putting aside Farah, most Tales female leads are pretty good-looking in my opinion. Especially those designed by Fujishima.

And I'm honestly really kind of hoping they opt not to have wiimote functionality play a major part in the gameplay. Sure it will get them blasted by the "professional" reviewers, but in this type of game, I think it's best left for mini-games and not much else. Regardless, I'll buy it. I'm a Tales junkie.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Grayson @ Dec. 19 2007,18:32)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (dorian @ Dec. 19 2007,18:16)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Alas, one of those rare Tales games where the female lead actually looks good and on a system I won't have in a while.

(no i don't pick my games this way, but it sure doesn't hurt the eye tounge2.gif)</div>
    Actually, putting aside Farah, most Tales female leads are pretty good-looking in my opinion. Especially those designed by Fujishima.

And I'm honestly really kind of hoping they opt not to have wiimote functionality play a major part in the gameplay. Sure it will get them blasted by the "professional" reviewers, but in this type of game, I think it's best left for mini-games and not much else. Regardless, I'll buy it. I'm a Tales junkie.</div>
    Are you kidding? Wii Remote + Tales game has so many possibilities for awesome. It's not like it needs to be complex or anything. A simple "swing the remote to attack" function like in Twilight Princess would do wonders.

Also, who is the new red haired guy? He looks like a weird cross between Zelos and Jade.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Ah well. To me there can only be Mint, Tear and this new lady *already smitten* *is hopeless*.

Incidentally, the new guy is Rihitaa Aabento (Rihiter Arvent or something like that? What an odd name)

His box says something like: "While on a certain, purpose-filled journey, he meets Emil. An ironic man, he'll do what it takes to achieve his goals."

(PS glasses ftw)
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    As im sure people know im not a fan of direct sequels to already perfect or good games... but this looks so dope. I adore the original, I hope this one lives up to the first entry.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • death saveddeath saved Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (omegabyte @ Dec. 19 2007,22:31)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Also, who is the new red haired guy? He looks like a weird cross between Zelos and Jade.</div>
    DO NOT COMPARE JADE TO THAT RABBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (death saved @ Dec. 20 2007,08:32)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (omegabyte @ Dec. 19 2007,22:31)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Also, who is the new red haired guy? He looks like a weird cross between Zelos and Jade.</div>
    DO NOT COMPARE JADE TO THAT RABBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>
    Chill, you don't even know what he's like. Yet.

Anyway, I'm still fairly excited for this game. ^_^ ToS is easily my most favorite GCN game. It may be a direct sequel, but I'm still hoping this will be a good game.

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Are you kidding? Wii Remote + Tales game has so many possibilities for awesome. It's not like it needs to be complex or anything. A simple "swing the remote to attack" function like in Twilight Princess would do wonders.</div>
    My thoughts exactly. When I first heard of the Wii Remote's capabilities, one of the first things I thoguht was "oh man, imagine what a Tales game would be like!"
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Can't wait. I loved Tales of Symphonia so much and I can't wait for this.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I'll probably want to have a Wii by the time this comes out. Aside from being a complete sucker for Tales games, Tales of Symphonia was my favorite game until Tales of the Abyss came out. Hope this one can stand up to my expectations.
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Hey, is that the guy from Luminous Arc? Nikolai tounge2.gif
    edited December 2007
    The Wii remote could potentially be killer in a Tales game. Agreed.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • GraysonGrayson Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    I'm not saying the remote couldn't work, it's just that so many games use it in a very clunky, unimaginative way. I would just hate to see an otherwise good game be ruined by poor implementation of it. It's happened before.
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Grayson @ Dec. 20 2007,17:59)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'm not saying the remote couldn't work, it's just that so many games use it in a very clunky, unimaginative way. I would just hate to see an otherwise good game be ruined by poor implementation of it. It's happened before.</div>
    It really is true, but I can imagine the Wii remote could utilized to awesome effect with the Tales battle system.
  • KingofClubsKingofClubs Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    I hope Sheena makes an appearence. I think she was the only character in symphoia I liked inlove.gif

knowing my luck though Colette will turn up

• TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I hope Sheena makes an appearence. I think she was the only character in symphoia I liked inlove.gif

knowing my luck though Colette will turn up </div>

Oh come on, you played like twenty minutes of ToS
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Grayson @ Dec. 20 2007,17:59)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'm not saying the remote couldn't work, it's just that so many games use it in a very clunky, unimaginative way. I would just hate to see an otherwise good game be ruined by poor implementation of it. It's happened before.</div>
    The thing I've noticed with games that try to make use of the wii remote's functionality is that they try to make TOO much use out of it. Specifically, they try to allow for a lot of complex gestures that are sometimes awkward to perform and often not read properly (ie. some sword games have utilized a thrust mechanic, etc.), while the ones that use it the best are often very, very simple, such as Metroid Prime/RE4's FPS aiming, Alien Syndrome's top down aiming (say what you will about the game itself, the controls were flawlessly executed), and of course Twilight Princess's simple "shake the remote to swing your sword" technique.

Hopefully Tales studio realizes this and makes it work.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...