If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy IV - 1 Propaganda

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited December 2007 in Latest Updates
Just short of its release this week in Japan we get some Final Fantasy IV tidbits, a little of the mobile game, a mysterious navi game, and a very fat chocobo.

1 Propaganda

Comments

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Hmmm... looks like "The After" is modeled pretty much exactly after the first title. Not a surprise, but not a bad move either. It really should be released outside of the cell phone world if they have to do it.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Fat Chocobo looks like it could use a Chocobowflex for Xmas.
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    "Just short"? Think you mean "just after." tounge2.gif

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Hmmm... looks like "The After" is modeled pretty much exactly after the first title. Not a surprise, but not a bad move either. It really should be released outside of the cell phone world if they have to do it. </div>

Yeah, it'll use SNES-style 2D graphics.

And like Cecil and Rosa and Rydia and Yang and Kain and others will seemingly be playable.

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Martyr @ Dec. 20 2007,19:09)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">"Just short"? Think you mean "just after." tounge2.gif

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Hmmm... looks like "The After" is modeled pretty much exactly after the first title. Not a surprise, but not a bad move either. It really should be released outside of the cell phone world if they have to do it. </div>

And like Cecil and Rosa and Rydia and Yang and Kain and others will seemingly be playable.</div>
    Hmmm... if it is about Cecil's descendents I wonder how that will play out?
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    It's set 17 years after the original.

Can't find the GAF thread and if I plugged my site here it'd get nuked pretty quickly.
  • MuneTeikaMuneTeika Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Martyr @ Dec. 20 2007,19:09)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">"Just short"? Think you mean "just after." tounge2.gif

And like Cecil and Rosa and Rydia and Yang and Kain and others will seemingly be playable.</div>
    Puns aside, this magazine obviously came out BEFORE the game, thus just short.
  • VanirVanir Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    So I guess this game isn't even comming out for North America? I don't see a NA release date at
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4ds/ff4ds.html
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2007
    I don't see why it wouldn't If Crisis Core for the PSP is coming, Then this definately should. I can't see why not.

Besides. It takes them awhile to announce a release date if they are. Hence why there's not one there.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ Dec. 22 2007,19:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I don't see why it wouldn't If Crisis Core for the PSP is coming, Then this definately should. I can't see why not.

Besides. It takes them awhile to announce a release date if they are. Hence why there's not one there.</div>
    Absolutely. It was only, what, last week that the releas date for Crisis Core, a game released in Japan back in Septimber, was announced for NA. S-E's just not too quick on the localization process too often.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Clix @ Dec. 22 2007,18:24)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ Dec. 22 2007,19:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I don't see why it wouldn't If Crisis Core for the PSP is coming, Then this definately should. I can't see why not.

Besides. It takes them awhile to announce a release date if they are. Hence why there's not one there.</div>
    Absolutely. It was only, what, last week that the releas date for Crisis Core, a game released in Japan back in Septimber, was announced for NA. S-E's just not too quick on the localization process too often.</div>
    Let alone the game just came out in Japan. Usually localization announcements are months afterwards. I'd expect to see this in the fall or winter here.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Am I the only one that thinks the game should have been redone in the 2D cel-shaded graphical style that appears in the "theatre" screenshot, rather than the sloppy, blocky polygons?
    Ever since Okami, I find I'm more interested in different artistic approaches to games... (Romancing SaGa, Viewtiful Joe, Odin Sphere, etc...)