If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy Dissidia at Jump Festa Japan

Fitali44Fitali44 MemberFull Members
edited December 2007 in Square Enix
Greetings all, I've decided to go to Jump Festa for a preview of Dissidia, anyone else happen to be in Japan and thinking the same? I'll be lining up earlier since I hear it's way too popular but yea, hope it all goes well and look forward to some updates if so.

Comments

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    D000d... I wanna know all about it. Specifically, if is just a crappy cameo fight game w/bad mechanics, or an actually decent fighting game
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Fitali44Fitali44 Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    I gotta say, i went not really expecting much so it came as a surpise when the game actually turned out quite fun, and they stressed that it is still nowhere near complete.

The demo started with a difficulty select, then you can choose from 5 characters, in the time limit which i had I was only able to play as Squall and Zidane.

Normal difficulty with Squall first, the opponent being the Dark Knight, Fionel and finally Kuja. The game plays very fast, and looks fantastic. I'm sure there was a post on the controls already but yes, fast dashing, dodging, double-jump and best of all triangle for wall climb.

Dissidia looks like it's going to be a very nice mix of combo attacks and aerial battles, the maps are quite stylish, starting off in a large room with columns spiralling to the roof, the arena shatters and you fall even further down the map as mayhem is wrecked, there was also a crystal dungeon with platforms and health penalties for falling off so there are things to look out for on the map as well.

Your basic attack after locking on seems to end with an air launch for your opponent, while holding the the direction away from your opponent and attacking, a range attack comes out, which is also combo-able and ends in a flashy longe range aerial launch. Things don't end there though, when you manage to pull off the launch you can tap x to further dash and pursue your opponent, forcing him to quick recover and keep up the momentum of the battle by constantly closing in on them. There is a burst mode that results in being able to pull off a limit break, Squall's first limit seemed to be his first from FFVIII.

This is all off the top of my head so please feel free to ask for anything else and I'll try my best to answer. Oh and ontop of all this we get a free black Zip up UMD case with a belt chain and the Dissidia logo on it for participating smile.gif

Jump Festa Rocks smile.gif
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    They are trying to outdo something like Super Smash Bros.(series) but I can't see SE making that work. Smash Bros. is pretty over the top and ded fun...SE will never pull that off!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2007
    <div>
    (Shadowcat @ Dec. 30 2007,12:48)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">They are trying to outdo something like Super Smash Bros.(series) but I can't see SE making that work. Smash Bros. is pretty over the top and ded fun...SE will never pull that off!</div>
    It's entirely possible they could, if they push enough characters in there and make the fighting system as intuitive and freaking insane.

I'm just sad this isn't being done in a proper home console where you can have a huge online mode with tons of people fighting together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2007
    Wow... from the description the game sounds totally awesome.

I'm surprised and thoroughly intrigued!

"Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."