If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Nintendo Throws Up Detour On Memory Lane

CastomelCastomel MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Yikes! Looks like some of the third-party memory cards floating around out there don't work with the new Zelda.
I'm guessing third-party sales don't hurt Nintendo, but you have to wonder... Zelda's bound to sell hundreds of thousands of copies at the very least, so there's gotta be a decent percentage of that number who just might have to buy the official Nintendo memory card to save their game.

..Meh. Just a lame conspiracy theory, brought on by me being too tired in all likelihood laugh.gif
Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!

Comments

• SephirothYuyXSephirothYuyX I Am, Who I Am. Full Members
    edited December 2002
    maybe nintendo will wise up and pull a Animal Crossing and throw in a 251 mem card laugh.gif
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Nintendo needs to wise up? Explain that one. It's not like nonfunctional 3rd party crapware's gonna hurt their sales any.
  • WildTurkeyWildTurkey New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Nintendo doesn't need to wise up. The people who buy cut rate memory cards need to wise up. You get what you pay for folks. You might get away with using that $9.99 MadCatz for a while, but someday when you're 35 hours into an RPG or 8 seasons into a football dynasty, you'll regret it.
  • Daryth DarkmoonDaryth Darkmoon Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I've made it a personal rule of thumb to never buy a memory card from anyone other than the manufacturer of the system. Sure they cost more, but I'd rather spend some extra cash to avoid having to start over after hours of gameplay.