If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Psst.. Xenosaga is Coming Out Soon!

CastomelCastomel MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Yes, the game you've all been looking forward to is fabulously gay! ...Which is to say, out this February. <.< >.> <.<
Whoa! Slow down there, tubby! You're not on the moon yet!

Comments

• mesomeso Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Assuming that is in the US... when will it come to Europe?
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    You should know better than to ask questions like that by now. The answer is invariably either never or a very long time from now.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Poor Europeans...When it comes to videogames, glad I live in the US, but I'd prefer being Japanese of course (they've got it good).

Anyways, I'm glad that Xenosaga is coming out soon. I've been waiting for it since I heard Xenogears was the 5th part of a saga of games. (Sorry about my earlier mistake, but I swear that I heard it was a ten part saga, although that was pretty early on, before Xenosaga was even announced in Japan.)

Xenogears was a great game, one of my favorites. I hope the storyline in Xenosaga is as good its predecesor, it should fill in a couple of things left blank from Xenogears as well.

• chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (watcher @ Dec. 17 2002,09:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Anyways, I'm glad that Xenosaga is coming out soon. I've been waiting for it since I heard Xenogears was the 10th part of a saga of games. Xenogears was a great game, one of my favorites. I hope the storyline in Xenosaga is as good its predecesor, it should fill in a couple of things left blank from Xenogears as well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Isn't Xenogears Episode V, not Episode X?
  • JoshieJoshie Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Yeh, it's episode V (5). Not ten. I hear Xenosaga isn't quite as majestic as Xenogears was, but hey, this is gonna be my excuse to buy a PS2 (yes, I still don't have one; you may all ridicule me freely).
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    this game looks good but i hope it has more gameplay than dialog.its more like a story book than a game.xenogears also suffered from this:not enough gameplay.too much story + not enough gameplay(its not that great sometimes,it got boring...)=boring...
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well I have read Import reviews of Xenosaga, and every review says that the in game Cinemas are really LONG, one scene almost lasts ten minutes! Get used to seeing the main character talking, because you are going to see a lot of her talking in cut scenes.

I believe though that EVERY RPG gamer is ready for a sci-Fi space oriented RPG, since it has been a while(for me at least it has)

can't wait for Xenosaga.
  • SeraphicLawSeraphicLaw Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Yay! Finally! I have been waiting for you for such a long time my sweet.
  • KujataXKujataX Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    This is useless wishing but I hope it's not dubbed or they leave the japanese audio track intact...
    Yes, the chances of that happening are 1 in infinity
  • Joseph WithamJoseph Witham Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"This is useless wishing but I hope it's not dubbed or they leave the japanese audio track intact...
    Yes, the chances of that happening are 1 in infinity [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Too bad, KujataX, the English voice acting is already almost finished.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2002
    It's about damn time the game got a release date. I look forward to the game's upcoming release. Xenogears is one of my favorite RPG's and I look forward to playing its prequel.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • OurobolusOurobolus Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Ah...Xenosaga...after I finally beat Xenogears, I wanted more...the whole Episode V thing threw me off until I had heard of Xenosaga...and then my prayers were answered...and it's almost here!!! Yes!!!
    I do hope that it has nothing like the second disc of Xenogears (that whole story thing without any gameplay thing really pissed me off.)
    February cannot come any sooner, sadly...
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    Man, ever since I played Xenogears the first time, I've waited for another Xeno game to come out. I'm getting it as soon as I possibly can this February. I just hope that they have some stuff in Xenosaga that alludes to things that happen in Xenogears, thus invoking a wonderful nostalgic feeling that makes me feel even better than I already do about owning Xenogears. I also hope Monolith Soft sticks to what it did in Xenogears and maybe only improve a few things - we all saw what happened when Konami got carried away with tweaking the Suikoden series. Here's to no delays!
  • SethSeth New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    <<I just hope that they have some stuff in Xenosaga that alludes to things that happen in Xenogears, thus invoking a wonderful nostalgic feeling that makes me feel even better than I already do about owning Xenogears.>>

I think it probably will, but the references may be vague. Keep in mind the scope of the Xeno series... tens of thousands of years across an entire galaxy is encompassed within this story. From what I've read, Saga takes place more than 15,000 years prior to Gears, making it more than 5,000 years before the Eldridge crashed on Gears' planet, thus beginning all life (with Elly and Fei, yadda yadda yadda). I'm wondering if Dues is going to show up just yet... I've read about the Wave Existence being part of Xenosaga, but who knows if that's fact or rumour.

Since it is a prequel, but one set in the distant past with 3 more episodes before the events of Xenogears, any references may be vague at best. But I'm sure it'll all fit together eventually, assuming Namco and Monolithsoft actually have the money to develop the entire 6-game series.

Also, has anyone heard that by the time the series gets back up to Xenosaga: Episode 5, the developers have considered remaking Xenogears for whatever system is standard at the time? Probably WAYYY too soon to ask that. I'll start thinking about that around 2008...
    edited December 2002
    I remember them saying they'd remake it.
  • Geek_SquidGeek_Squid Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (meso @ Dec. 17 2002,12:22)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Assuming that is in the US... when will it come to Europe?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hmm I remember reading in a magazine a while back that it would probably come out in Europe but its not like you can really trust what they say, come to think of it it was the same magazine that printed that fake FFXII picture with the caption "Rinoa Heartilly's younger sister will be a main character in FFXII" Maybe since Xenogears didnt get a European release they wont bother with Xenosaga either.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mogforever @ Dec. 17 2002,08:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"this game looks good but i hope it has more gameplay than dialog.its more like a story book than a game.xenogears also suffered from this:not enough gameplay.too much story + not enough gameplay(its not that great sometimes,it got boring...)=boring...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Everyone say that the game suffered due to long scenes, story etc. Infact i hear this for allot of things especially movies. Yes the scenes in this game were long and it took time away from game play, but i sitll enjoyed them, i enjoyed every aspect the long and detailed story line. Without all the cut scenes and dialog (yea its prolly not spelt like that) it would not be the same, I would not ask to have any part of the story let out and if any part was takin out i think it would hurt the story line of the game. Xenogears to me by far is one of the best rpgs ever because of its story, in fact i believe the story is the most important element of a good rpg, however my only complaint about the game was the bums rush through the second cd... they kinda pulled you by the ear on that one, they should have allowed more play through that part of the story
  • KujaKuja New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Ahhh! Finally!!!! I have been waiting for a sequel for YEARS!!
    Well, i guess this will be a prequel but...its still a XENO!! I am SOO EXCITED!!
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I am glad that Xenosaga now has an official western release date, for a while there I thought this game would not be released outside of Japan. Now if only we could get a European release date.

• MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    1. Uhh, if I remember right, XS has a European release date in the RPGamer release date section...

2. 10 minutes? Come on. There's one cutscene (dubbed "the long one") that lasts for almost a frickin' hour. And plenty of 20-minute ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    Great! The whole reason why I exist-- I mean, bought a PS2 was for Xenosaga. I'll be there the day before it comes out, camping in my imaginary tent, annoying the patrons of my local mall. Heh. They can just go and--

Digressing...

Actually, though. I've read that Xenosaga is in fact NOT a prequel to Xenogears. I've read that it takes similar story circuts and pays homage to it, but it is, in actuality, not related to Xenogears in any way whatsoever. I believe I read this at IGN.com. It could be wrong, but I think that they were quoting the head of the project. So... you know.
    edited December 2002
    So it's all just one big coincidence that they both share several story features, as well as, y'know, the whole "xeno" in their titles.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    According to the press release (from this morning) accompanying the announcement of the US release of Xenosaga: ""...It's [Xenosaga] a small part of a very long, epic story which
    takes place over thousands of years, and since it's the beginning of the
    story, it's been subtitled `Episode I,'" said Takahashi."

This is in reference to whether or not it and Xenogears are related.
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well, according to int of the Ethos (www.zenosaga.com), the Data Collection, or whatever that Perfect Works-like book for Xenosaga is called, heavily hints that the later episodes will follow Xenogears Perfect Works at least to some degree. Who knows?