If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RIP Heath Ledger

Agent_009Agent_009 MemberFull Members
edited February 2008 in Entertainment
CNN
New York Times

Just heard the news and I am very shocked and saddened. I am very excited to see his performance in the upcoming Dark Knight movie, but this is like "out-of-nowhere" unexpected. I really liked his performances and am sad to see him go so early in his lifetime.

Comments

• HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    That suuucks. I was just getting into Heath as an actor too...
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    It really sucks. He was a good actor and was definitely one of the ones with talent. It's such a waste to die that young, 27 is nothing these days. I'm saddened by this.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited January 2008
    Jeez, that sucks.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2008
    Well I never knew death not to suck (cept Discworlds) but I guess we'll have more info as it comes, todays media certainly sees to that rock.gif
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited January 2008
    Its so sad. First Brad Renfro and now Heath?

Perhaps the only thing that I'm just ever so slightly upset about with the media is the fact that the news was out an hour after his body was found. I mean.. jeez. They moved rather quickly, especially swamping the building as they did.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    Wow.

That's a surprise.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2008
    Death is one thing, but it's pretty clear this is suicide. I can't imagine why a man with seemingly everything going for him would do such a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited January 2008
    Well it isn;t clear, for all we know it could have been natural (heart attacks, although rare, still happen at 28 to apparently healthy people).
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    That blows.

In other news, apparently the Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket his funeral.
  • happytownhappytown Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    This makes me very sad. He had the potential to be an exceptional actor. Plus, I had a major crush on him.

MasterChief, In most of the reports, it's not explicitly clear that it was suicide. Yeah, they found sleeping pills, but those were prescription and it's not even clear that it was an overdose yet. He had no known history of substance abuse or suicidal tendencies. It's just really shocking.

Mainly I am sad because now it is basically impossible for us to get married and live in a magic castle with our own flying unicorns. But that may be a personal sadness that I need to get over.
    edited January 2008
    <div>
    (Shponglefan @ Jan. 23 2008,12:29)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">That blows.

In other news, apparently the Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket his funeral.</div>
    Picket a funeral? That's just immoral, no matter what you think of the man.

And you are right, happytown, but it's hard to get over the mix of prescription and non-prescription pills. I really hope you're right: suicide is the worst thing one can ever do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zidane TribalZidane Tribal Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2008
    I saw it on FOX News when I was eating dinner yesterday at my parent's house. I felt the shock just like everybody here. I heard on the news today at work that he may have done 'cause he said Ambien wasn't working for him and was exhausted from his Joker role. I saw Cassanova when it came out and I thought he was really good in that movie. I didn't know he was Aussie, though. bored.gif
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited January 2008
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Jan. 23 2008,13:08)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Shponglefan @ Jan. 23 2008,12:29)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">That blows.

In other news, apparently the Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket his funeral.</div>
    Picket a funeral? That's just immoral, no matter what you think of the man.</div>
    Well, we are talking about the church that organizes loud hate filled protests for Military funerals. They claim that God made sure that soldier died in a horrible way because that soldier was protecting a haven for gays. I'm surprised someone hasn't gone and shot all of them for their protests. Me, I'm an posterior. I would hold up an arrow shaped sign towards them that says "Gitmo Bound".

Sucks about Heath Ledger though. looks like he was just trying to catch some z's and sadly overdosed in the process. down.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited January 2008
    Sleeping Pills + other meds = uh oh. It sounds like he may have mixed and matched too many different drugs together.

And people who protest funerals, need to be hung by their toenails for a few hours.

edited January 2008
    Agreed. Wicked people, all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited January 2008
    They are actually supposed to be here for a little while. That lovely church at a base near to me. What they don't realise is that the National Guard and marines are pissed off and will also be there. Should be interesting.
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
    edited January 2008
    Like I said, I'm surprised they aren't dead. I half expect them to picket the funeral of a marine sniper and end up as his unit's training mission the next day. Don't *$#@ with marines. They will kill you in about four different ways before you hit the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited January 2008
    <div>
    (happytown @ Jan. 23 2008,02:32)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Mainly I am sad because now it is basically impossible for us to get married and live in a magic castle with our own flying unicorns. But that may be a personal sadness that I need to get over.</div>
    Damn, how were we supposed to compete with this guy? My castle only has terrestrial unicorns!
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Jan. 23 2008,11:08)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>

Picket a funeral? That's just immoral, no matter what you think of the man.

And you are right, happytown, but it's hard to get over the mix of prescription and non-prescription pills. I really hope you're right: suicide is the worst thing one can ever do.</div>
    Not to react rashly to an opinion... but I truly fail to see how suicide is the worst thing a person can do.

Is there any convincing evidence other than speculation that it was suicide? As far as most were aware he was not inclined to suicide or any kind of extensive drug use.
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited January 2008
    Here's a good clip from the Chaser's War On everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iXbWsO4ik

Yes I don't like them, especially if they do picket Heath's family.
    edited January 2008
    From what I've heard, it's more likely that his pharmacist wasn't paying attention to "warning! this combination of meds will kill him!" warnings on their computer. From what I heard, he didn't have depression or suicidal tendencies. He just couldn't sleep.

As for that clip, what sort of wonderful show is that? I think I would enjoy it. laugh.gif

The more I see about the Westboro Baptist Church, the more I want to call them "the Church of Man", AKA Retros (Wing Commander reference if you didn't know). In both cases, they are highly hypocritical. WBC hates America, but low and behold, they only exist in AMERICA (as well as being almost entirely one inbreed family laugh.gif ). Retros are violently opposed to technology, but have the most advanced fighter craft and weapons (one of their favorite lines is "Die by the very weapons you adore!).

Oh! I thought of another counter protest. Go up to their group carrying a really tall pole. When they ask what I'm doing, I'll cheerfully respond with, "Oh, this? Well, you know that God loves throwing lightning bolts at blasphemous heathens, right? Well, although God is perfect, I think he would appreciate a little gesture like my giving him a hand." To which I would plant the pole and begin to walk away. "God be with you. Too bad for you." Finish with a devious smile. laugh.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    I find that funny as well, Aquila. They only COULD exist in America. Most countries in Europe, as well as Australia (I believe) have hate speech laws that make his idiocy illegal. American freedom of speech is the most closely guarded in the world, for better or, in this case, for worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zidane TribalZidane Tribal Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2008
    Why are the people who picketed that gay soldier's funeral suddenly at Heath Ledger's funeral? Is it because of Brokeback Mountain or something? eh.gif
    edited January 2008
    Yes, and they don't picket gay soldiers. Well, they probably do, but they picket as many soldiers as they can. There is actually a group of veterans that travel the country on motorcycles, and their soul duty is to be an honor guard for fallen soldiers. Part of the reason? To keep WBC at bay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • happytownhappytown Member Full Members
    edited January 2008
    It's really sad that something like guards to keep out protesters at a funeral that is even necessary. Picketing a funeral is just messed up.
    edited January 2008
    Unfortunately, there are people who view their own agendas as more important than even the most basic of human decency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2008
    <div>
    (MasterChief @ Jan. 26 2008,22:04)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Unfortunately, there are people who view their own agendas as more important than even the most basic of human decency.</div>

I really wish some group would picket the funeral of one of their loved ones. It's people like that need a good slap in the face.

• jihadcomplexjihadcomplex New Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">suicide is the worst thing one can ever do. </div>
    Actually, I hope he did intend to kill himself. The only thing I can think of more tragic than wanting to die is fully expecting to wake up the next day and not doing so. Personally, I would much rather intend to go than go unexpectedly in my sleep- unless I was very old, old enough to half expect daeth anyway.
    edited February 2008
    It was released a few weeks ago that he had multiple prescription meds. in his system that caused his death. So he did not mean to kill himself, it was an accident.

Someone really dropped the ball on this one and I'm sure heads will roll for this.
    edited February 2008
    <div>
    (kittenofthepack @ Feb. 17 2008,16:42)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">It was released a few weeks ago that he had multiple prescription meds. in his system that caused his death. So he did not mean to kill himself, it was an accident.

Someone really dropped the ball on this one and I'm sure heads will roll for this.</div>
    Oh yeah. I smell a HUGE lawsuit.

Though to be fair, the question has to be asked if Heath was properly instructed on the use of his meds, and if he paid attention. Not to imply anything: Hell, I've taken prescriptions later than they should be taken, or on an empty stomach when you're supposed to take them with food, etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]