If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D: Savage tide Setup

Comments

• TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2009
    Can I get a d10 HP roll for Kit?

And fyi, I would have changed my avatar ages ago, but it seems like something always happens that kills RP around here when I do. *shrug*

• chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, I thought I told you earlier what the roll was. Maybe that was myst. Anyhow, I rolled a 7 for your HP.
    edited September 2009
    (I missed it, and yay, Kit has achieved 90 HP by Lv.11. Pretty good for a PC gaining 1d10 HP per level, awesome for someone like Kit with 4 rogue levels)

Mostly slight statistical changes for Kit. He has gained Acrobatic Charge which allows him to Charge over, under, and through obstacles, rough terrain, and allies without penalty, save for maybe a Tumble check, but since Kit has never charged, it won't mean much.
    Anywho, the parts that have actually changed:
    Quote: wrote:

ABILITY SCORES:

HD/HP: 4d6 + 7d10 +22 / 92

STR: 12(+1) DEX: 20*(+5) CON: 14*(+2) INT: 16(+3) WIS: 11(+0) CHA: 10(+0)

MAGIC: CON+2,DEX+2, Move +10 ft.

EXPERIENCE:

-LV.11 - Rogue 4/Swashbuckler 7
    Current: 56925 Next: 66000

SAVES:

Fortitude +6 (Class) +2 (Con) = +8
    Reflex +6 (Class) +5 (Dex) +1 (Grace) = +12* *Evasion negates on Save
    Will +3 (Class) +0 (Wis) = +3

IN BATTLE:

Base: +10/+5 Melee: +11 Range: +15
    -Initiative: +5 (Dex) Move: 40 ft.
    -AC: Base & DEX (15)+ Magic (0)+ Shield (2)+ Armor (5) ==AC 22, Touch 15
    Spell Resistence: 0

OTHER BONUSES:

-Sneak Attack: +5d6 damage when defender is denied DEX bonus
    -Telling Blow: Sneak attack bonus applies to all critical hits
    -+2 bonus to Diplomacy/Gather Information checks regarding Black Markets
    -A +2 bonus to Initiative when fighting in Urban environments
    -Shadowshore Fighting-Enemies within melee reach don't benefit from concealment
    short of full cover.
    -Can charge over obstacles, difficult terrain, and through allies

CLASS FEATURES:

-Trapfinding -Trap Sense +1 -Sneak Attack +5d6 -Grace+1 -Dodge +2
    -Insightful Strike -Acrobatic Charge

SKILLS
    &&&&&&

Total Skill Points: 73/53
    Point Progress: 8/4 (Class) +3 (Int) = +11/+7

Armor Penalty: -0 --Ranks,Mod,Class or Feats,Other

-Balance +20 (+13,+5,+0,+2) *Synergy
    -Bluff +16 (+14,+0,+0,+2) *Racial
    -Climb +13 (+12,+1)
    -Disable Device +11 (+8,+3)
    -Diplomacy +16 (+14,+0,+0,+2) *Synergy
    -Escape Artist +11 (+6,+5)
    -Hide +15 (+6,+5,+0,+4) *Racial, Other
    -Jump +25 (+13,+1,+0,+11) *Synergy, Equip
    -Move Silently +13 (+6,+5,+0,+2*) *Other
    -Sleight of Hand +13 (+6,+5,+0,+2) *Synergy
    -Swim +13 (+12,+1)
    -Tumble +21 (+14,+5,+0,+2) *Synergy

-Intimidate +2 *Synergy
    -Use Rope +5

• bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited September 2009
    Level up info:

Another level in Radiant Servant

Bonus Domain: Purification
    Level 6 spells: Fires of Purity, Heroes' Feast(Domain)

Fires of Purity should be a fun spell to cast on Gandt. biggrin.gif

I'll probably be changing up my spell list sometime soon, too.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
    edited September 2009
    edited September 2009
    rolled a 4 for your HP, Bebop

The brief description is "covers target in magical flames, making them a dangerous weapon"

If you can get me your skills at the same time as your new spells, that would be great.

edited September 2009
    Well I just manage to forget at least one thing.

1 point in Concentration, Diplomacy, and Heal
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
    edited October 2009
    I've been considering switching characters. As much fun as Kit is, there is little else I can do with him. Any improvements he will experience at this point will be purely numerical. Nothing really new, just a +1 bonus to various stats here and there, plus this is a good chance for him to take off and stay in character while doing it, and my new character to arrive.

The problem is this may create a few issues. I don't want to spark off a sudden wave of character switching. Kit is also the party's only rogue character, and his personality and the way it affects the party's fortunes could end up being a serious loss. The new character is a cleric, and although I believe she can provide a nice offensive boost, I don't want to step on Bebop's toes, plus her goody-goody attitude may not add much to the party compared to Kit's personality.

Any thoughts?
    edited October 2009
    The conclusion of this chapter does kind of present the opportunity to drop characters and add new ones. I've been thinking of dropping James for a while now, actually, and introducing some new agent. It is fine with me, if you want to create a new 11th level character to use after this chapter.
    edited October 2009
    Really? James always struck me as a very important character. Kinda won't feel the same without him. But then the same would be true if too many characters are dropped.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited October 2009
    I had been thinking about giving Gandt a break. Nothing permanent or anything. But if other people are switching out, I'm not so sure I should. o_O
    edited October 2009
    If switching was possible I might try to the incorporate the Techsmith in this game.

It could work as either a wizard or cleric, so there shouldn't be much trouble there.

I like what Grove could do as a character, but I was never (as I'm sure most would agree) able to RP him very well. And the Techsmith I was thinking would be the more eccentric type, which I think I could RP a lot better.
    edited October 2009
    No offense, but Grove is probably the easiest character to replace. Well, RP wise. It would be easy to understand why Grove wouldn't want to leave the islands, especially now that he's probably considered a hero among his people. As a healer, his departure would be a major loss and he currently fills an important party slot, and a damn fine one at that.

But Soulweaver has given me an idea. It couldn't hurt to have "trial" characters appear for a short while just for the flavour, could it? Bring a new character in, have them join the party and see how they do. If we like them, we go from there. If not, oh well, it was nice to do something a bit different.

At the very least, I will introduce the character purely as an RP entity and then go from there.

edited October 2009
    I figured out a way to have my cake and eat it too, so roll me up, Scotty!
    edited October 2009
    What's the rule on firearms in the game? I know we haven't had any so far, and I could easily live with bows/crossbows, but I was just curious as to the possibility of their inclusion.

Can't get what you don't ask for, I guess. tounge2.gif
    edited October 2009
    Guns aren't prohibited, per se, they're just hard to come by. The party had a pistol earlier, but no one wanted it, so I've not introduced any more.

TG: 13, 17, 16, 11, 10, 11
    edited October 2009
    Does that set include ability score bonuses or do I get 2?
    edited October 2009
    no, I did not include ability score bonuses.
    edited October 2009
    K, nevermind. Forget the new character. Party is fine as it is, and adding another divine character to compete for the same gear as Lia and Grove doesn't sound very fair, plus I have enough on my plate already. I will have to endure.

edited October 2009
    My new character that I was considering was prolly gonna be a Wizard 7/Techsmith 4. So, your new cleric character really wouldn't interefere.

If you do keep Kit, I may make it a cleric based Techsmith instead just to keep our party status quo, ability wise.
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, go with the cleric version. Meir will have to satisfy my divine needs for now.

I'll probably have the new character appear as an NPC or something. Have her around in case Kit dies or something.

edited October 2009
    I think I have enough of the character finished to start RP'ing him, so if I could humbly request ability score rolls, I'd be very much obliged.
    edited October 2009
    15, 15, 13, 9, 10, 13
    edited October 2009
    Just a quick question.

For firearms I've been using this pdf dealie here for damage stats and everything. Is that cool enough? I was not having much luck looking for it in DMG guides (can only find 3.5 versions, however).
    edited October 2009
    I don't know about everything on that list, but the info. is in the DMG, and the listings for the Pistol, Musket, and two bombs is correct, so I have to assume the rest are correct too.

The Long Rifle sounds a lot like the Handcannon, at least in terms of damage.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited October 2009
    For the longest time, I thought Savage Species used 3.5 rules, but ends up it's 3.0. The half-ogre came from that book, so if Gandt seems too powerful sometimes, that might be why. confused.gif

I found a 3.5 half-ogre in Dragon Magazine #313, and was wondering if anyone thought a switch was necessary.

Gandt would lose:
    -2 str and 2 con
    -2 natural armor
    -the Giant language

Gandt would gain:
    -a feat and 14 skill points
    -10 ft. of speed
    -+2 dex (although I would exchange the new dex and con to keep them closer to his old scores)
    edited October 2009
    As funny as it sounds, the Feat and Skill points are worth more than the STR and CON. bonuses. The HP and AC loss will hurt, but Gandt would still have a lot of HP. Switching now would actually benefit you.

But really, I wouldn't worry about it. As I'm sure you noticed by now, the odd point of STR and AC doesn't matter so much at higher levels. Spells and Saves are gonna be more important than ever now, so it won't feel as unbalanced in the future.

I don't see the point of switching now.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited October 2009
    Lia's retraining:

-2 HP (change from 2d8 to 2d6).
    No change to Tamaska (as Lia is still a level 8 druid, respectively)
    -Resist Nature's Lure (+4 bonus to saving throws against spell like abilities of Fey)
    +Channel Animal 2/day
    +2 levels of arcane magic

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="CODEHEAD">Code Sample:</div><div class="CODE clearfix">SKILLS
    &&&&&&

Total Skill Points: 64
    Point Progress: 4/2/4 (Class) +1 (Int) = +5/3/5

Armor Penalty: -3 (-5 if shield equipped)

Druid:
    -Survival: +14 = +2 (ranks) +2 (SS Feat) +1 (SoN Feat) +5 (wis) +2 (nature sense) + 2 (knowledge (nature) synergy)
    -Handle Animal: +12 = +6 (ranks) +1 (SoN Feat) + 6 (cha)
    -Diplomacy: +13 = +7 (ranks) + 6 (cha)
    -Heal: +17 = +10 (ranks) +2 (SS Feat) + 5 (wis)
    -Knowledge (nature) +13 = +8 (ranks) +1 (SoN Feat) +2 (nature sense) +2 (survival synergy)
    -Listen +9 = +2 (ranks) + 5 (wis) + 2 (racial)
    -Swim +5 = +0 (ranks) + 5 (ring)
    -Spot +10 = +0 (ranks) + 5(wis) + 2 (racial) + 3 (owl)
    -Concentration +13 = +11 (ranks) + 2 (con)

Wizard:
    -knowledge (arcane) +9 = + 8 (ranks) +1 (int)

Arcane Hierophant:
    -Spellcraft +11 = +10 (ranks) +1 (int)</div></div>

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="CODEHEAD">Code Sample:</div><div class="CODE clearfix">Spells to come...</div></div>
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
    edited October 2009
    Just reposting the link to the tasks we can do to improve Farshore since the party now has time to finish stuff up without worry of attack. And yes, improving the mines would provide a massive boost (10k gp) allowing us to sell that magical stuff, so we should consider working on that.

Anywho, linky: http://kenosaga.googlepages.com/farshore
    edited October 2009
    Updated Affliation Scores and Titles:
    Gandt:
    Zelkarune's Horns: New score: 18
    Seeker's: New Score: 5

Grove:
    No changes

James:
    Dawn Council: New Score: 19, New Title: Scion of Sasserine
    Witchwardens: New Score: 17, New Title: White Dagger