If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D: Savage tide Setup

Comments

• chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2010
    it's fine. We're still waiting for Mikel's level up too... which might take another year or so for him to complete wink.gif
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited March 2010
    I'm interested in joining. What do you need from me?
    edited March 2010
    what kind of character are you hoping to play?
    Currently we have a half-merrow fighter/Champion of gwynharwyf, a tiefling rogue/swashbuckler, a half-drow spellthief/sorceror/daggerspell mage, and an elf druid/wizard/Arcane Hierophant. technically we have a human (olman) cleric, but the player left.

If you were wanting to play a cleric that would be great, but not necessary for inclusion into the game.

This game is pretty much open to any race, but you would be meeting up with the rest of the party in the underdark, so that might tip your decision.

your character will start at level 11
    edited March 2010
    I think that a drow would be the logical choice then. Probably some sort of fighter, as I'm not really familar with the later rules could you recommend a specific class?
    edited March 2010
    Maybe a ranger? TG will probably have some good thoughts on party balance. A drow is okay. I'm assuming your character will be an exile.

We are using the 3.5 rules specifically, open to pretty much any 3.5 supplement.

Here are some scores, don't forget to apply the level 4 and level 8 ability score bonus to these as you see fit. You can apply these to any stat:

12, 13, 11, 13, 12, 16

feel free to ask any questions you have.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2010
    Well, if Grove leaves then I'd definitely recommend a Paladin over a straight fighter, plus explaining why a drow could be a paladin would be a hell of a backstory. But based on the party's current make-up and the sudden and continuing rise of enemies with damage reduction, it might be more useful to have a character with access to non-physical attacks. Hexblades and Duskblades, for example. A straight wizard specializing in support and crowd control abilities, like an Enchanter, would also be a great addition.
    edited March 2010
    You guys are definately ahead of me edition wise. I'm applying my scores thus. Str 13, Dex 12(14), Con 13(11), Int 12(14), Wis 11, Cha 16(18).
    The scores in brackets are mods with the Drow racial bonuses which I got from the D&D Wiki. I'm going with the Hexblade class. I will definately need help with skills and feats. I also don't know about the level 4 and level 8 ability score bonus. Also I don't don't what spells a Hexblade can cast, or how many.

edited March 2010
    No problem. in 3.5 edition, characters receive a +1 bonus to any abilitys core at every 4th level, starting with level 4.

The Hexblade is from Complete Warrior. I will try to summarize the class here:

HD: d10
    Charisma is the most important stat for hexblade as it controls their special powers and spell casting.
    Alignment: any nongood
    class skills: Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (int), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Profession (Wis), ride (Dex), and Spellcraft (Int)
    Skill points per level (2 + Int), x4 for first level skills

proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light armor but not shields. hexblades do not incur the normal arcane spell failure chance while wearing light armor.

Base Attack Bonus: +1 per level
    Good Save is Will

Spells: no 0 level spells, at 4th and 5th level 0 1st level spells per day (+ any bonus spells)
    6th and 7th 1 1st level spell per day (+ any bonus)
    8th and 9th 1 1st level spell per day, 0 2nd level spells (+ bonuses)
    10th level 1 1st level spell, 1 2nd level spell per day (+ bonuses)
    11th level 1 1st level spell, 1 2nd level spell, 0 3rd level spells per day (+ bonus)

Hexblade's Curse: Once per day, as a free action, a hexblade can unleash a curse upon a foe. The target must be visible to the hexblade and within 60 feet. The target of a hexblade's curse takes a -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour after. A successful will save (DC 10 + 1/2 hexblade's class level + cha modifier) negates the effect. 1/day at first level, plus 1 additional time per 4 levels after (5th, 9th, 13th, 17th).

Arcane Resistance: At 2nd Level, a hexblade gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (minimum +1 on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.

Mettle: At 3rd level and higher, a hexblade who makes a successful Will or Fortitude save against an attack that would normally have a lesser effect on a successful save, instead negates the effect. A sleeping or unconsious hexblade does not gain the benefit.

Familiar: gain a familiar at 4th level, treat as sorceror of three levels lower than hexblade level for determining abilities.

Spells: Hexblade spells are prepared ahead of time like a sorceror. Spells known:
    4th and 5th level: 2 1st level spells
    6th and 7th level: 3 1st level spells
    8th and 9th level: 4 1st level spells, 2 2nd level spells
    10th level: 4 1st level spells, 3 2nd level spells
    11th level: 4 1st level spells, 3 2nd level spells, 2 3rd level spells
    12th and 13th level: 4, 4, 3
    (there's more, but for brevity's sake...)

Bonus Feat: at 5th level, and every five levels after, hexblade gains a bonus feat from this list: Combat Casting, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment, necromancy or transmutation only), Greater Spell Penetration, Spell Focus (enchantment, necromancy, or transmutation only), Spell Penetration

Greater Hexblade's Curse: penalty increases to -4 at 7th level.

Aura of Unlock: Once per day, a hexblade of 12th level or higher can create a baleful aura of misfortune. Any melee or ranged attack against the hexblade while this aura is active has a 20% miss chance. Last for number of rounds equal to 3 + cha bonus

This should be enough to get you started.
    edited March 2010
    Okay then. Feat wise I'll take Combat Casting and spell penetration.
    My Level 4 +1 will go to con, level 8 to str
    Equipment, could I have the best light armour you'll allow me, plus a 2 handed sword? Please. a Drow hand crossbow would be nice as well lol.

I read the wiki and it mentioned levels for skills, so still not sure on how to allocate points.
    As regards magic, is that the maximun I can cast, or the max I know?

Oh a snake familar would be nice as well please.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2010
    myst is currently being held prisoner by lightning. I doubt we get a reply until he finishes whatever missions she assigns to him.
    Just "for the record", I was tied up with WarintheNorth, but couldn't say so... so FF13 was a good fallback. ^^
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
    edited March 2010
    lightning sounds sexier than a game with scary looking humans in its intro movie wink.gif
    edited March 2010
    She is!
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited March 2010
    If you took all 11 levels of hexblade you would have a total of 56 skill points to spend. Skills in the list I provided cost one point per rank, others cost 2 points per rank. You can have upto your level + 3 skill ranks in a particular class skill and half that in non-class skills.

I need to look up the amount of money you would have to spend on equipment, we'll get to that in a bit. You would also have 4 other general feats to choose.

The first spell list was the max cast per day, the second was the max known. Your max cast per day is affected by your cha bonus. A level 11 hexblade with your cha score would have 2 1st level spells per day, 2 second level spells per day, and 1 3rd level spell per day. He would know 4 1st level spells, 3 second level spells, and 2 3rd level spells.

All this talk of spells reminds me I forgot to give you the hexblade spell list:

1st level: Alarm, Arcane Mark, Augment Familiar, Cause Fear, Charm Person, Detect Magic, Disguise Self, Entropic Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Identify, Light, Magic Weapon, Mount, Nystul's Magic Aura, Phantom Threat, Prestidigitation, Protection From Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, read Magic, Sleep, tasha's Hideous Laughter, Undetectable Alignment, Unseen Servant.

2nd Level: Alter Self, Blindness/Deafness, Bull's Strength, Darkness, Eagle's Splendor, Enthrall, False Life, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Protection from Arrows, Pyrotechnics, Rage, Resist energy, See Invisibility, Spider Climb, Suggestion, Summon Swarm, Touch of Idiocy

3rd Level: arcane sight, charm monster, confusion, deep slumber, dispel magic, hound of doom, invisibility sphere, greater magic weapon, nondetection, phantom steed, poison, protection from energy, repel vermin, slow, stinking cloud, vampiric touch, wind wall

I'll try to make a skeleton of your character sheet this weekend, if you need me to.
    edited March 2010
    Acathala: I didn't get a chance to sketch out that skeleton character sheet for you. If you have something together already, feel free to post and we can help you fill in the blanks. Your starting gold is 66,000. No one item can have a value of more than 1/4 of that (or 16,500gp).

edited March 2010
    Right then.
    FEATS
    Practised Spellcaster, Dreadful Wrath, Power Attack, Improved Familar.
    The only feats that I've not been able to check are Dreadful Wrath and Practised Spellcaster, but they were recommended to me by a thread called Hexblade Handbook. So if they have requirements, let me know.

Spells
    Lvl 1
    Charm person, Augment Familar, Expeditious Retreat, Magic Weapon

Lvl 2
    Glitterdust,Whirling Blade, Invisibility.

Lvl 3
    Hound Of Doom, Slow.

Skills
    Bluff 5, Concentration 10, Craft (Weaponsmithing) 10, Diplomancy 10, Intimidate 10, I'll wait before assigning my remaining points (11) in case my feats require them in a particular skill.
    A character sheet would be nice thanks. I need my hit points rolled and money to go shopping lol. Remember my Con goes up at 4th level due to that bonus. Minor questions how many bonus languages do I get? Can a Drow wield a large weapon? Can I learn new languages?
    edited March 2010
    Practiced Spellcaster requires 4 ranks in Spellcraft.
    Dreadful Wrath prereqs are Human, kuo-toa or planetouched, so I think that one is out (unless there is a one separate from Player's Guide to Faerun, I'll keep looking).

Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon
    Bonus Languages: Your int score gives you two bonus languages. Choose from Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin

Your starting gold is 66,000. No one item can have a value of more than 1/4 of that (or 16,500gp). If you have access to Drow of the Underdark, you might find some interesting weapon choices in there.
    edited March 2010
    and what type of improved familiar were you thinking about? The Fiendish tiny viper snake, or something else?

And Dreadful Wrath is okay, it seems to me that it would be in line with a drow hexblade wink.gif

edited March 2010
    Here is the skeleton of the sheet. You asked earlier about two handed weapons. The Hexblade is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, so any two handed weapons in those lists you can use.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="CODEHEAD">Code Sample:</div><div class="CODE clearfix">NAME OF CHARACTER

Player: Acathala

RACE: Drow
    SIZE: Medium
    HEIGHT: ?? WEIGHT: ??
    ALI: ??

CHARACTER STATISTICS
    ++++++++++++++++++++

ABILITY SCORES:

HD/HP: 11d10 + 11 / 80

STR: 14(+2) DEX: 14(+2) CON: 12(+1) INT: 14(+2) WIS: 11(+0) CHA: 18(+4)

Enhancements:

EXPERIENCE:

-Lv.11 - Hexblade
    Current: 55,000 Next: 66,000

SAVES:

Fortitude +3 (Class) +1 (Con) = +4
    Reflex +3 (Class) +2 (Dex) = +5
    Will +7 (Class) +0 (Wis) +2 (race) = +9

IN BATTLE:

Base: +11/6/1 Melee: +13/8/3 Range: +13/8/3
    -Initiative: +2 (Dex) Move: 30 ft.
    -AC: Base & DEX (12)+ Magic (0) +Shield (0) +Armor (0)==AC ??, Touch 12
    Spell Failure: 0% Spell Resistence: 22

COUNTER: AC/5

YOUR COMBAT OPTIONS

-Greater Hexblade's Curse 3/day

SPECIAL DEFENSES:
    -Immunity to Sleep Spells

-Arcane Resistance: At 2nd Level, a hexblade gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (minimum +1 on saving

throws against spells and spell-like effects.

-Mettle: At 3rd level and higher, a hexblade who makes a successful Will or Fortitude save against an attack

that would normally have a lesser effect on a successful save, instead negates the effect. A sleeping or

unconsious hexblade does not gain the benefit.

OTHER:
    -None

ARMS, ARMOR, AND GEAR
    #####################

WEAPONS AND ARMORMENT:

-None

MAGICAL EQUIPMENT:
    -None

GENERAL GEAR:
    -None

MOUNTS:

-None

Carry: 0/150Max lbs. Load: light
    Capacity-Lift Overhead=carry, Stagger=x2, Drag=x4

GEMS: 0gp PP: 0 GP: 66,000 SP: 0 CP: 0 Coin Weight:

SPECIAL ABILITIES

FEATS:-

Current Total: 4 (class) + 2 (bonus) = 6

Class Feats:
    Practised Spellcaster (CA) - Increase caster level by + 4
    Dreadful Wrath (PG-Faerun) - When you charge, make a full attack or cast a spell that either targets an enemy or

includes and enemy in its area, you gain the frightful presence ability for that round. Each enemy within a

20ft radius of you must succeed on a will save (DC 1- + 1/2 character level + cha modifier) or be shaken for 1

minute.
    Power Attack
    Improved Familar

Bonus Feats:
    Combat Casting
    Spell Penetration

CLASS FEATURES:
    -Greater Hexblade's Curse 3/day
    -Arcane Resistance
    -Mettle
    -Familiar
    -Bonus Feat x2

FAMILIAR, COMPANION, OR COHORT:

--CREATURE--

Hit Dice: /
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 10 (+0) touch 10, flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0
    Attack: /
    Full Attack: /
    Space/Reach: 0 ft./0 ft.
    Special Qualities: None
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 0, Dex 0, Con 0, Int 0, Wis 0, Cha 0
    Skills: /
    Feats: /

SKILLS
    &&&&&&

Total Skill Points: 56
    Point Progress: 2 (Class) +2 (Int) = +4

Hexblade Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (int), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha),

Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Profession (Wis), ride (Dex), and Spellcraft (Int)

Armor Penalty: -0 *Ranks* *Mod* *Feat* *Other*

-Bluff 5 + 4 = +9
    -Concentration 10 + 1 = +11
    -Craft (Weaponsmithing) 10 + 2 = +12
    -Diplomancy 10 + 4 = +14
    -Intimidate 10 + 4 = +14
    -Spellcraft 4 + 2 = +6

*You can still use other skills, like Listen, Spot, and Search

LANGUAGES KNOWN (Bonus +2):
    Automatic: Common, elven, undercommon
    Bonus:

SPELLS
    ^^^^^^

Spellcaster Level: Arcane Lv.5 + 4

Spells per day (Lv.1 1st): 1 1 0
    Bonus Spells Per Day (Cha): 1 1 1
    Spell Save DC: +0
    Spell Failure: 0%

SPELLS KNOWN:

Lvl 1
    Charm person, Augment Familar, Expeditious Retreat, Magic Weapon

Lvl 2
    Glitterdust,Whirling Blade, Invisibility.

Lvl 3
    Hound Of Doom, Slow.

SPELLS PREPARED:

Lv. 0: -

RACIAL TRAITS:

-+2 Dex, Int, Cha, -2 Con
    -Medium Size
    -30ft Base speed
    -Darkvision (120ft)
    -Immunity to Sleep spells, +2 racial bonus on will saves against spells, spell-like abilities, and enchantment

effects of other sorts.
    -Spell Resistance equal to 11 + class level
    -Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day - darkness, dancing lights, faerie fire
    -Weapon proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and shortsword
    -+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or

concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking
    -Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds a drow for 1

round. In addition, they take a -1 circumstance penalty on attack rolls, saves and checks when in bright light.</div></div>

edited March 2010
    Familiars are a pain to keep track of and we already have one. I say drop it for a good combat alternative class feature. Probably somewhere in Unearthed Arcana.
    edited March 2010
    Player's Handbook II has the Dark Companion alternative to the familiar
    "At 4th level, you can create an illusory companion resembling a panther, spun from the darkness of the night. Doing so takes 24 hours and uses up magic materials that cost 100gp. Once created your dark companion stands with you in battle hindering your enemies defenses.
    Any enemy adjacent to your dark companion takes a -2 penalty on its saves and to its AC. Your companion's speed is equal to yours and it acts during your turn each round. It follows your mental commands perfectly- in effect it is merely an extension of your will."

Dark Companions cannot attack, can't directly effect other creatures or objects, occupies a 5 foot space but others can move into it. Immune to damage but can be dispelled or suppressed just like a spell of 1/4 your hexblade level, if it is, it reforms 24 hours later. Cannot flank or proke attacks of opportunity from movement. If it is more than 120 feet from you, or you lose line of sight to it, it automatically reappears adjacent to you.
    edited March 2010
    Alas I don't have access to Drow of Underdark lol. I'm presuming that you don't want me picking magic items. I'll tske the Dark companion route. In which case I'll swap Improved familar for Minor Shaposhift and Augment familar for Disgiuse self, as there is no point in me taking Familar feats and spells.
    By weapon size I actually meant could a Drow wield a large weapon without penalties? So far I've decided on a Large Adaminite(Spelling is probably wrong) Greatsword, and mithral shirt. Calthrops. Artisan tools
    What I meant about the languages was could my Drow learn new ones, rather than the normal and bonus he starts out eith? Say by finding a teacher and expending skill points? I would also appreciate thoughts on equipment from anyone.
    Bomus languages - Drow Sign and Gnome.
    I'll post a background tomorrow, and hopefully allocate all that needs to be allocated as well.
    edited March 2010
    Magic items are fine, as long as you don't go over that gold piece limit per item.

There would be a penalty using a large weapon, but the Monkey Grip feat allows you to use large weapons at only a -2 penalty
    edited March 2010
    Quote: wrote:
    I'm presuming that you don't want me picking magic items

You should definitely pick up some magic items. As our most recent encounter proved, basic equipment just isn't good enough anymore.
    By weapon size I actually meant could a Drow wield a large weapon without penalties?

Nope. Try the Monkey Grip Feat (-2 atk. penatly but can wield large weapons) if your heart is set on it, but as far as damage is concerned, our group has more than enough. You're free try other options besides the basic tank/melee damage set-up since we've already got that and more.

What I meant about the languages was could my Drow learn new ones, rather than the normal and bonus he starts out eith?

Yep. 2 Skill points to learn new languages.

I would also appreciate thoughts on equipment from anyone.

You can't use shields and you're restricted to light armor, so keep that in mind, although you might be able to get away with mythril medium armor. That might negate any penalties you'd take. You could also get away with using a buckler for the extra AC and enchantment slot if you wish. The penalties are so minor you could ignore them. Damage Reduction and Reach has been a pain of late, so make sure your favoured weapons are at least +1. Also consider having a spear handy. Need to find a way to address your lower AC, unless you become an archer; otherwise, look at enchantments that force enemies to roll through a miss chance like Blur or Blink effects.
    Anything else...well, I'll need to see the rest of your ref. sheet, but I can say you should consider moving your highest stat. out of CHA and putting it in STR,DEX, or CON. I know a Hexblade feels like a spellcaster, but it isn't. It's a warrior class first.
    edited March 2010
    Lia's Level 12 (and some catchup with Arcane)
    +1 WIS

Tamaska stat increases:
    +9 HP (2d8)
    +2 AC
    +1 str/dex
    Extra trick (2 to add)
    +1 int

Feat
    Burst Reserve
    As long as you have a fire spell of 2nd level or higher prepared, you can create a 5ft burst of fire at a range of 30 feet. Does 1d6 damage per level of the highest fire spell held in reserve.

Skills: +2 Concentration, +2 Spellcraft, +1 Heal

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="CODEHEAD">Code Sample:</div><div class="CODE clearfix">SPELLS
    ^^^^^^

Spellcaster Level: Divine Lv.9

Spells per day (Lv.0 1st): 6 5 5 5 2 2
    Bonus Spells Per Day (wis): - 2 1 1 1 1-
    Spell Save DC: +5

SPELLS PREPARED:
    Lv. 0:
    Purify Food and Drink
    Detect Poison
    Create Water: Up to 2 gallons of water/level
    Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
    Know Direction: You discern north.
    Cure Minor Wounds: Cures 1 point of damage.

Lv. 1:
    Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1/caster level (max 5)
    Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
    Faerie Fire: Outlines subjects with light, canceling blur, concealment, and the like.
    Longstrider: Your speed increases by 10 ft.
    Pass without Trace: One subject/level leaves no tracks.

Lv. 2:
    Flaming Sphere: Creates rolling ball of fire, 2d6 damage, lasts 1 round/level.
    Chill Metal: Cold metal damages those who touch it.
    Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
    Restoration, Lesser: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
    Heat Metal: Make metal so hot it damages those who touch it.

Lv. 3:
    Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
    Dominate Animal: Subject animal obeys silent mental commands.
    Call Lightning: Calls down lightning bolts (3d6 per bolt) from sky.
    Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
    Poison: Touch deals 1d10 Con damage, repeats in 1 min.

Lv. 4:
    Flame Strike: Smite foes with Divine fire (1d6/level damage).
    Spike Stones: Creatures in area take 1d8 damage, may be slowed.

Lv. 5:
    Wall of Fire: Deals 2d4 fire damage out to 10 ft. and 1d4 out to 20 ft. Passing through wall deals 2d6 damage +1/level.
    Stoneskin: Ignore 10 points of damage per attack.

Spellcaster Level: Arcane Lv 9

Spells per day (Lv.0 1st): 4 5 5 5 2 1
    Arcane bonus spells: +1 spell for highest spell level*
    Bonus Spells Per Day (wis): -2 1 1 1 1 -
    Spell Save DC: +4

SPELLS KNOWN:
    Lv. 0:
    All spells from all books

Lv. 1:
    Chill Touch: One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Str damage.
    Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
    Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
    Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: Ray deals 1d6 +1 per two levels Str damage.
    Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missiles.
    Shocking Grasp: Touch delivers 1d6/level electricity damage (max 5d6).
    True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.

Lv. 2:
    Blindness/Deafness: Makes subject blinded or deafened
    Darkvision: See 60 ft. in total darkness.
    Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
    Scorching Ray: Ranged touch attack deals 4d6 fire damage, +1 ray/four levels (max 3).
    Touch of Idiocy: Subject takes 1d6 points of Int, Wis, and Cha damage.

Lv. 3:
    Blast Wave: A powerful wave of force that deals 1d6 points of force damage per caster level to each creature within its area.
    Dispel Magic: Cancels magical spells and effects.
    Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50%.
    Magic Missile, Vengeful: Magic missiles (1/level) strikes an attacker who successfully damages, for 1d4+1 damage.
    Grim Reaper's Scythe: A 20ft cone-shaped burst, the scythe deals 1d6/level negative energy damage

Lv. 4:
    Charm Monster: Makes monster believe it is your ally.
    Dimension Door: Teleports you short distance.
    Invisibility, Greater: As invisibility, but subject can attack and stay invisible.

Lv. 5:
    Baleful Polymorph: Transforms subject into harmless animal.
    Permanency: Makes certain spells permanent.
    Stone Rain: Immediately upon completion of the spell, and once per round thereafter, you may call down a falling stone that deals 5d6 points of impact damage. 1 stone/level

SPELLS PREPARED:
    Lv. 0:
    Flare: Dazzles one creature (–1 on attack rolls).
    Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
    Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
    Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.

Lv. 1:
    Magic Missle; Shocking Grasp; Obscuring Mist; Mage Armor; Ray of Emfeeblement

Lv. 2:
    Darkvision; Invisibility (2); Scorching Ray; Touch of Idiocy

Lv. 3:
    Blast Wave; Dispel Magic; Displacement; Magic Missile, Vengeful; Grim Reaper's Scythe

Lv. 4:
    Dimension Door; Invisibility, Greater

Lv. 5:
    Stone Rain; Baleful Polymorph</div></div>
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited March 2010
    Lia now set on "Auto-Kill" mode biggrin.gif .

edited March 2010
    edited March 2010
    Who needs a magical fire rod now? wink.gif
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited March 2010
    Armour - Mithral shirt +3, I also believe this gives a max dex bonus of 6. 10,000 gold.

Weapons- Adamantine medium greatsword +2, 11,050 gold
    Mundane crystal medium Heavy flail 315g

2 rings of protection +2 16,000g
    Gauntlets of Ogre Power 4,000g
    Bracers of Armour +4, 16,000g
    Cloak of Resistance +1 1,000g
    Handy Haversack 2,000gold
    Wand of Mirror image 4,500gold

Ordinary stuff
    Artisan tools(masterwork)55g
    Travller's outfit
    DArk companaion 100g,.
    total gold spent 65020

edited March 2010
    Remaining skill points = spellcraft 4 Goblin 2. I'll keep the rest in reserve.

Alignment - Neutral evil

Background
    Sarajahn D'acathala was given birth by a Drow Matron. Upon seeing she had a baby boy instead of the hoped for girl, she gave Sarajahn to a servant to be disposed of. However the servant saw an opportunity to make some coin, and instead sold Sarajahn to a drow mercenary band, led by two brothers. One was a Hexblade and the other was a Duskblade.
    As he grew up, he showed more of an affinity to the Hexblade class and was trained accordingly. Sarajahn became quite successful. He however was beginning to desire independence from the mercenary band. The final straw came when he learned of his true lineage, because before he had been told he was the son of the Hexblade leader. He quietly planned his escape. Finally he acted, persuading the Duskblade leader that the Hexblade leader was moving against him. Enraged he attacked his brother, dying in the attempt but severely wounding him. Sarajahn then finished off the last brother. With their deaths the mercenaries disbanded.
    Today Sarajahn operates successfully on his own. He has taken on a variety of work, and has gained a reputation as a professional who gets the job done. He has travelled extensively, even a few times to the surface. Currently he was on the way home when he met a Drow whom mentioned rumours of peals. Intrigued Sarajahn decides to investigate....
    edited March 2010
    Acathala:

Couple things:

First, bonuses from bracers of armor do not stack with armor.
    Second, you need to go ahead and spend those last few skill points.

Other than that, looks great. We'll introduce you shortly.