If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

Comments

• FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited December 2010
    (Lia isn't aware of much she can do until Sarj brings down someone, unless I'm unsure how to assist. I suppose I could fly, but he's doing a fine job. Maybe once the prisoner is clear, an aoe spell to try and scatter the riff-raff?)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    (no update today, busy busy at work)
    edited December 2010
    (and now, back to the game)

Kit:

You make a show of accidently revealing the artifact. It has the desired affect, of drawing the attention of everyone in the room.

"What is that?" Lavinia demands, her voice still agitated.

Party:

Gandt eyes the handholds. They seem solid enough (that is a yes).

(after some research, yes, you can have both mirror image and invisiblity cast at the same time, and the images are invisible until you become visible.)

Sarajahn goes invisible, spooking the scouts. He then casts mirror image and swoops in close. The scouts, by this time, have all backed against the wall of the path, leaving the boulder alone. As Sarajahn closes he notices one of the scouts has an extra patch on his sleeve. He doesn't know anything about how the brotherhood sets up their ranks, but it is enough of a hint that he grabs that scout, becoming visible as he does so.

The scouts all give a shout, and Sarajahn finds the one he grabbed a bit slipperier than expected, but he does manage to secure him and tries dragging him to the edge. The scout resists and the two go nowhere.

Meanwhile, the other 3 scouts draw their swords and attack the images. One images vanishes, while the others manage to dodge the attack. The grappled scout headbutts Sarajahn (-1 NL). Sarajahn retaliates by kicking the scout in the balls and dragging him backward off the cliff, the images following.

The two plummet quickly, and Sarajahn activates his boots to keep from crashing into the mountain. They land on the path some 200 yards from the party. (and out of sight at the moment)

Meanwhile, the remaining scouts fire arrows at the mirror images, another one goes pop (5 remaining).
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Sarajahn shouts "Got a prisoner, need help, careful there's archers and a boulder." He keeps a hold of the guy and tries to use him as cover from the archers as he drags him to the party and hopefully tree cover.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Kit still stuff the artifact away. "That is what I need to talk to you about. This is extremely important. We must talk...in private. I won't leave and I won't stop being a bother until we do."
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited December 2010
    Assuming Gandt can tell by Sarajahn's voice that he is back down on the trail, he heads toward his position, getting his shield ready for these archers the drow mentioned.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Lucilia slid her shield onto her arm in one smooth motion that was far too elegant for an 80 lbs girl wielding a 45 lbs plate of steel. She readied to help any wounded, hoping to get out of this situation without anyone dying.
    edited December 2010
    (Any chance of Lia wildshaping and blasting the remaining SH members?)
    edited December 2010
    (you know, he went to california, and told me he was going to be gone and to play Lia for him and I forgot. I will try to post an update later today if I get a chance.)
    edited December 2010
    (Cool then.)
    edited January 2011
    Kit:

Lavinia shakes her head. "Just wait out in the hall for another ten minutes," she says. "We're almost done here."

Sarajahn:

You wrestle with the scout, dragging him slowly toward the rest of the party. A couple arrows whiz by, but it looks likes the rest of the Scarlet Brotherhood group are concerned about hitting their partner, as one of them come close.

Party:

Gandt hears Sarajahn yelling, and starts making his way that way. The rest of the group follows, although Lia takes the to the air as an eagle.
    edited January 2011
    Gandt keeps heading toward Sarajahn to help restrain the scout. "Get that shield ready to cover us, will ya?" he says to Lucilia.
    edited January 2011
    Kit growls...but he has accomplished his goal of making a scene, so he goes out to the hall to wait for Lavinia.
    edited January 2011
    Lucilia nodded obediently to Gandt, keeping her shield at the ready and moving to the front line so she could provide cover. She was focussed more on protecting others than herself.
    edited January 2011
    (no update today, in training sessions all day long.)
    edited January 2011
    Sarajahn will try to drag the prisoner whom he's mentally labelled Bob, to Gandt. Hopefully the two of them could get Bob restrained and tied up. If he sees James he directs him to his wand, Sarajahn means the one with the enlarged fireballs if in range on Bob's friends.

Post battle if its a quick win, Sarajahn will try a charm person spell on Bob before the interrogation.
    edited January 2011
    (still in training)
    edited January 2011
    (wee, eagle)

Lia needs to disperse the others with bows and arrows, so she casts Blast Wave at the gathering of scouts. If that doesn't scare them off, Fiery Blast the closest one.
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited January 2011
    Kit:

10 minutes pass, and the Meravanchis and the other merchants leave. The Meravanchis ignore Kit, while the other merchants give him a scornful look.

"Kit," Lavinia growls from within.

You stride in, and Lavinia glares at you from behind her desk. "What was that about?" she demands. "Why aren't you with James?"

Sarajahn:

You drag the prisoner.

Lia:

You fly up, spotting the scouts. You wing your way toward them, intent on blasting them with spells.

Party:

Gandt, Lucilla, James and the guides husstle towaard Sarajahn. You can see him about 100 feet away.
    edited January 2011
    Once more with the dragging. If he sees the party, he tells them to break out the rope.
    edited January 2011
    (Lia has no new actions, since she hasn't done them yet ^^)
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited January 2011
    Kit, using his best no-nonsense look, walks right up to Lavinia and says in a low voice "The Scarlet Brotherhood is in control of Farshore."

Not quite true, but that should get her attention.

Kit looks around the room, both in search of anything suspicious and for added dramatic effect. "We need to talk somewhere safe. Private."
    edited January 2011
    Lucilia continues with the group.
    edited January 2011
    Gandt keeps going, meaning to use Subduing Strike until the scout is more compliant.
    edited January 2011
    Kit:

"What? Are you out of your mind," Lavinia asks. "If I couldn't smell your breath, I would think you had been drinking. Now seriously, what is this about?"

Sarajahn & Lia:

Sarajahn tries to drag the scout but the scout manages to break free and draws a dagger from his boot. As he breaks free, arrows suddenly rain down toward Sarajahn. Two of the shots are way off, but the third is barely deflected by your armor.

Moments later a burst of fire flashes on the higher ledge and one of the scouts goes tumbling off. Lia-Eagle flies past the scouts, begining an elegant turn.

Party:

The group consisting of Gandt, James, Lucilla and the Olman guides close the gap. The guides are impatient to get to the scouts, and sprint ahead of Gandt. One of them nearly falls from the narrow trail but Gandt manages to grab her at the last second.
    edited January 2011
    Sarajahn swears in undercommon and pursues, drawing his greatsword as a swift action. He intends to use his sudden stunning to well, stun Bob. If the scout is slightly faster than him, he'll consider casting Tasha's Hideous Laughter on him instead. His intent is to subue.
    edited January 2011
    Lucilia's eyes glazed over as the battle started, moving towards the front of the battle-line where the wounded would be, ready to heal anyone who got hurt.
    edited January 2011
    Gandt helps steady the guide, then readies his lasso. Not sure how much of a gap we're talking about, here, but if it looks like the scout will outrun the group, try to lasso 'im (+9 bonus).
    edited January 2011
    Lia uses Fiery Blast to make sure the arrow barrage stops. Still hoping to scare them off, but will kill as needed now, since companions are being attacked.
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited January 2011
    "We encountered the Brotherhood in the jungle," Kit explains. "They can't sway you, so they're coming after you, me, all of us. I'd prove it to you, but that damn drow has the note with the orders on it and refused to give them to me. But really, why would I make this up? The Brotherhood is crawling all over this island. You know they want something, and hey, they're making a nice bit of money on the side. Do you really think they would tolerate us for long? Or did you really think they would give up after one failed attack? I know people like this. They just change their approach and don't stop until they're dead."

Kit looks around. "Why are we still in this damn room?"