If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

Comments

• AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    If Gandt manages to lasso the guy before Sarajahn catches up to Bob, then good. He'll hit the lassoed Bob into sleepyland (Doing non-lethal damage, and he'll use a single charge of sudden stunning to help with that). Otherwise his previous actions stand.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Kit:

"I see," Lavania says, although she frowned at the comments about the drow. "Let's head back to the manor, and you can explain more when we get there."

The two of you leave the building, a pair of guards flanking Lavinia as she departs.

The trip to the manor is short and uneventful. Lavinia requests tea from the butler, asking briefly if Kit wants anything, before leading him to her study.

After the butler brings the drinks Lavinia dismisses him, and makes sure the door is closed behind him.

"Obviously, we have known about the brotherhood's presence on the isle for some time," she says to Kit. "But we are not a direct threat to them, why would they suddenly want to kill me?"

Party:

Sarajahn surges forward, drawing his greatsword as he does so. He swings hard, Cutting through the scout's armor (-9HP). The scout wavers, and the knife drops from his hand. (stunned).

Two arrows arc through the air, trying to hit Lia, but the eagle proves remarkeably maneuverable and the arrows miss by quite a large distance.

Lia-Eagle turns and then swoops back in. Another burst of fiery death envelopes a scout.

The guides reach Sarajahn, with their weapons drawn. It looks like they intend to kill the scout.

Gandt raises his rope, and attempts to lasso the scout. The rope falls just short of the scout (miss).

Lucilla pushes past Gandt, tower shield at the ready.

James hangs just behind Gandt.

Sarajahn scoops up the scouts knife, a fairly decent blade, and then uses Gandt's rope to secure the scout, and keeps the guides away from him.

The remaining scout flees further up the trail. Lia flies higher, keeping the fleeing scout in view.

(new actions?)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Kit does not want anything from the butler. He is starting to get nervous. These rooms Lavinia often does her business in...they may be watched.

"The note wasn't explicit, but by the sound of things, it sounds like they're making a pretty penny on the trade of artifacts and probably other resources available on this island. They have already acquired some artifacts from your vault. I suspect the whole operation will go more smoothly once the Vandorborens are out of the way. Apparently they have already gathered a few allies. Hmm...I wonder..."

That last bit is said with a hint of sarcasm.

"A port that doesn't ask questions and is highly resourceful is very valuable to pirates, mi'lday. If they didn't care for Farshore, they would never have attacked in the first place. We would be none the wiser to their presence and their plans could have been successfully carried out with impunity.

I have a plan. I'd like to say more, but they might be using magic to watch us here. All I ask is that you let me do what I do best. No objections. No questions asked. I may need the help of the Jade Ravens.

Let me handle this, milady."
    edited January 2011
    Sarajahn hopes that Lia finishes them them all, as he wouldn't like the idea of survivors bringing friends. He takes Bob back to the group with the help of the Olman scouts. He makes sure the scouts know that he suspects the man of laying traps along the trail, and the best way to find them is to question Bob.
    Once Sarajahn is back with the group, he'll conduct a through search of Bob and his clothing. Once thats done, Sarajahn will cast a charm person on Bob, if that fails, he try intimidation (intimidate 21) to make him more co-operative, unless Lia has charm monster prepared and is willing to use it.
    Sarajahn wants to know about
    - Any traps Bob and his friends have laid for the group.
    - The number of Scarlet Brotherhood sent to kill the group here.
    - Who ordered this attack.
    - Any knowledge he has about any SB operating in Farshore.
    - Any SB bases nearby.
    Any other questions that the group have that he hasn't thought of, he'll ask.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited January 2011
    If the guide is still struggling, Gandt helps to restrain him so that Sarajahn can question him. Meanwhile, he asks the guides, "Does this path get any wider anytime soon?" He'd rather not conduct an interview with the scout in such a precarious spot.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Lucilia would move to heal any wounded group members, then moving on to tend to the wounds of the captured scout. She would leave the asking of questions to the rest of the group, though she would stay present.
    edited January 2011
    (Are we waiting on Lia?)
    edited February 2011
    (I was, but then I vanished for a while. I'm going to assume that Lia lets the scout flee further up the mountain)

Kit:

"From our vault?" Lavinia asks. "We never had that many, and I admit that I cannot be sure that some disappeared while my parents were away, and after their deaths. Still, I doubt they stole from there, it would be easier just to search one of the nearby ruins."

(after the pirate comments)

"I believe you are confusing two separet groups," Lavinia says. "The Crimson Fleet and the Scarlet Brotherhood are not associated. In fact, they despise each other. However, both are threats to Farshore's continued freedom, I agree. Would you like to join me in inspecting the vault?" Lavinia asks.

Sarajahn manages to drag the struggling scout back to the rest of the group, and secures him with Gandt's help. A quick search turns up a small dagger, a vial of amber liquid, and a money pouch containing 3 gp, 7 sp, and 23 cp.

Sarajahn then casts his spell. The scout calms considerably as the spell takes hold. He then answers Sarajahn's questions.

*There aren't any traps laid for the party.
    *No Scarlet Brotherhood members were sent to kill the party specifically.
    *The leader of the scout's group, Bartus, ordered them to attack.
    *Since he is not tasked with any directives relative to Farshore, "Bob" is unsure how many are there, or who they are.
    *There base is on Griff Island, a decent sized island off coast, due west of the Fangs. (the volcanos where the party is now).
    edited February 2011
    Lucilia carefully healed up any wounded partymembers before moving to kneel before the prisoner and silently take care of his injuries as well.
    edited February 2011
    If the group have a map he gets Bob to mark prescisely where the base is. Then he asks the following,
    - What does this Vial contain?
    - How many at this this base?
    - Are there defenses or special defenses? As a follow on, Sarajahn asks if there's a way around them
    - Are there traps in the area surrounding the base?
    - Who is Bartus and why did he order the attack? If Bob says he is Bartus, then once he's finished answering the other question, Sarajahn tells him his new name is Bob. He also asks whom Bob/Bartus reports to.
    Once he has the info, he'll consult the Olman about the area the base is in. If it seems feasible he proposes to the group that they send a message to the Olman tribe leaders about the base, and that they'll rendezvous with an Olman war party to destroy the SB base once the group has destroyed the pearls. Sarajahn knows that the pearl are the bigger threat, but he doesn't think the SB base should be allowed to remain either.
    As for Bob, when the party is out of his hearing, Sarajahn says "Hand him over to the Olman. It costs us nothing and gives us goodwill from the Olman."
    edited February 2011
    Gandt keeps watch over the proceedings.

"Lia? How's it going up there?" he calls upward.
    edited February 2011
    When Sarajahn handed over the prisoner to the Olman, Lucilia got up and walked off from the group, continuing on the route at as brisk a pace as she could manage with her load, at least a hundred feet ahead of the group, not stopping to look if the group was following.
    edited February 2011
    Kit sighs, but this is all he really needs. "Fine. Lead the way."

When the two leave Lavinia's room, and upon encountering some servant or whoever scurrying about, Kit will loudly exclaim "Yes! Let us go to the vault. I will store this precious artifact there."
    edited February 2011
    "H-hey! Don't wander off alone, lady!" Gandt leaves Sarajahn and the others and goes after Lucilia, whereupon he (gently) tries to stop her from straying too far. "That's dangerous. This ain't called the Isle of Dread for nothing, you know." He seems to have mistaken her reaction to the scout's fate for naivety about the island's dangers.
    edited February 2011
    "I hath nary a thing to fear onuppan thine prisoner... I trow thou hath not spent overmany a thought to what thine savage friends shalt bequeath him?" she looked at him questioningly as she continued to walk.

She already knew the answer to her implied question though though "If they shalt not kill him forthwith, he shalt be sacrificed to their evil magics..."
    edited February 2011
    (Enyo and Soul, you're a bit ahead of me. Sarajahn only suggested handing over the prisoner.)
    edited February 2011
    (I'll wait to see if Enyo wants to change her actions based on this)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Lia stays in the air, scouting to and fro. She would have let the scout go, since she's not the killing kind. If they bring more, they bring more, but for now, it's simply not in her nature. She's also averting watching the interrogation, keeping herself busy scouting.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
    edited February 2011
    (Just asume Lucilia walked off on the suggestion of the prisoner being handed over - she's got some issues around the whole prisoner thing and she especially does not trust the Olman with prisoners.)
    edited February 2011
    Kit:

You pass a couple servants working to polish some statues on your way to the vault and then make your statement. The two servants barely glance in your direction, while Lavinia looks at you quizically.

Once at the vault, Lavinia triggers a sequence of levers and the door slides open, admitting the two of you. It's not a particularly large vault, and there are only a few other items stored here, asside from a few chests, most likely full of coins. Lavinia turns to the side and pushes on the corner of an otherwise plain looking brick. It pops open, and Lavinia retrieves a ledger.

"It looks like everything is here," she says, looking over the ledger. "Now, what kind of artifact is that?" she asks.

Party:

Sarajahn continues the questioning:

"The vial is a refined sample of the sap of the Yellowdew tree."
    "The number at the base depends entirely on how many are back from missions to Olman ruins. It could be as few as 2 dozen, or as many as 50."
    "There is a low wall around the base. If there are any other defenses, I don't know of them."
    "It's possible there are traps, it has been a while since I was last there, but there weren't any when I left."
    "Bartus is the Brother in charge of our mission here. I am but a lowly cousin. I would not know why Brother Bartus ordered your deaths."

Sarajahn then asks the Olman about the island the base is located on. None of the guides have been there, but they do know about the general area. It is far from land claimed by Tanaroa or any other Olman tribe, for that matter.

James agrees with the plan to turn the scout over to the Olmans.
    edited February 2011
    "The baiting kind," Kit replies. "Don't worry about it now. We're done here."

Kit places the artifact wherever, it doesn't matter, then moves to leave the vault. Kit will allow himself to be seen leaving the vault, then he will go invisible, sneak back, find a nice little spot with cover where he can watch the vault, and wait.
    edited February 2011
    Sarajahn asks the last batch of questions.
    - Why do you have a refined sample of the sap of the Yellowdew tree. If Bob answers because somebody else wanted it, Sarajahn patiently asks why they wanted it. If Bob answers he doesn't know, Sarajahn resists the urge to slap him across the back of the head, and asks their resident Druid if she knows what it is. Personally he suspects it could be made into a poison.
    - Where is Bartus now?
    - Where his comrades might have fled to? Sarajahn suspects that Lia might not have the stomach to finish off a fleeing opponent, which is why he asks.
    - Has Bob been to any Olman sites controlled by the Tanaroa or any other Olman tribe?

When Sarajahn sees Lucilla behaving like a child(His view), hse shrugs as he's not in the mood to indulge her. He does smile slightly at the unexpected support from James though. The Drow then takes Bob over to Olman(also taking James along, should the charm spell fail due to any action taken by Sarajahn or the party). "Honoured Olman allies, I hand Bob over to you for judgement from your Elders." Sarajahn then lists the places(If any) that Bob might have gone to without the tribe's permission., then letting the tribe take Bob.
    edited February 2011
    "I hath nary a thing to fear onuppan thine prisoner... I trow thou hath not spent overmany a thought to what thine savage friends shalt bequeath him?" she looked at him questioningly as she continued to walk.

She already knew the answer to her implied question though though "If they shalt not kill him forthwith, he shalt be sacrificed to their evil magics..."
    Gandt takes a long moment to try to comprehend Lucilia's speech, and although he doesn't understand all of it, he gets the gist of what she means. "You care about that guy? But... he tried to kill us. I don't really like what Sarajahn's doing to him either, but what else can we do? If we let him go, he'll just try to kill us all over again. Could be we're saving lives by handing him over." Hoping she is appeased by this, he urges again, "You'd best stick close to the group."
    edited February 2011
    (( I do not currently have internet at home, so I am posting from work. I hope to have it back asap, but it may take a while longer. ))

Lucilia did not seem appeased at all. However, she also knew that what she would want - keep him as a prisoner, treat him well and bring him back to the city where he might stand trial and be convicted to prison - was not going to happen.

Since she also did not want to talk back to a man, she just nodded obediently and stuck closer to the group, staying mostly by herself for now though. She was not happy about this. Her thoughts wandered to see what she could do about this.
    edited February 2011
    (A bit busy for the next few days. If I can't before, I will update on Saturday.)
    edited March 2011
    Kit:

Lavinia gives you a strange look, then simply shrugs and continues down the hall. She finds hersef suddenly alone as Kit goes invisible and utters a quiet curse.

Meanwhile, you circle back around and wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. Several hours go buy and no one approaches the vault.

Sometime later you jerk awake as a maid comes through the hallway, dusting the various statues. She walks by the vault entrance without stopping.

Party:

Bob looks at the vial in Sarajahn's hand. "When refined like that, it acts as an irritant, causing the victim to break out in a severe, itchy rash."

"I assume Bartus is at the main camp, although I have been gone for 6 weeks, he could be elsewhere."

"There is another pass on the other side of the mountain, leading down to the coast. We were on our way there."

"I have been to several Olman sites. I'm not sure who controls them all." At this the Tanaroans begin speaking amongst themselves, they seem agitated moreso now than before.

Bob eyes them carefully.

(no more questions before continuing?)
    edited March 2011
    Kit doesn't expect anyone to arrive until late in the night. More waiting, he does.
    edited March 2011
    Lucilia had no questions and was ready to continue.
    edited March 2011
    Nope Sarajahn is finally finished with Bob, and hands him over the tribepeople. He does ask the olman if there's anyway to cut off the fleeing SH member though.
    edited March 2011
    Nothing further from Gandt.