If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

1102104106107108

Comments

  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    (really busy this week, will try to get to you guys tonight or tomorrow night if I can)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Kit:
    Kit waits all through the next day. No one comes, and he starts to get hungry. His stomach rumbles.

    Party:

    Sarajahn hands the scout over to the Olman... who promptly slit his throat and toss him over the side of the mountain. "It would have been too much of a hassle to try and drag him back for trial," their leader explains.

    ************

    The party continues up the slopes of the volcano, encountering no one else. They reach a vent about night fall, and James tosses the pieces of the pearls inside. They hiss and pop, before being destroyed by the lava.

    "Do we continue to the plateau, or visit the island of the Scarlet Brotherhood," James asks.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Lucilia closed her eyes when she saw what the Olman did to the scout. "Lord keepeth thy soul..." It was not clear whether 'thy' refered to Sarajahn, the Olman or the scout. Perhaps to all of them.
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Sarajahn isn't bothered by the fate of the scout, that being what he expected them to do to Bob. "No worries, it was probably a kinder fate than he deserved." he says to the Olman.

    "Finish off the base. We should never leave a live enemy at our backs. Of course they'll probably be expecting us, unless something entertainlly nasty happened to the scout that got away. If we can capture this Bartus, then I presume we can deal a huge blow to Scarlet Brotherhood operations. Even if we kill him, I presume you have priests that make him talk no? Of course that's just my opinion, I'm on your coin." Sarajahn doesn't add that he thinks there could be a load of loot at this base as well. "And listen closely, this is the first and last time I'll say it, Kit could be right about the Scarlet Brotherhood having those Black Pearls. If he is, then they're possibly being held there."
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited March 2011
    (I could use a refresher. Please remind me, why were we going to the plateau?

    Regardless, Gandt is probably in favor of taking the fight to the Scarlet Brotherhood.)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    (Wait a sec...did Kit sleep through the night?)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    (Yes, kit slept through the night. Bad roll against bordedom.

    Soulweaver: Couple reasons. First, the party was asked to find Noltus, who was last seen there. Second, the ruins of the olman civilization that created the artifact from the last chapter are there. You guys missed something in that chapter that would have made it obvious that you needed to go there, but I had hoped the search for Noltus would have been enough incentive to go there. The brotherhood is a side quest, but one that leads a safer and more successful Farshore (which makes better equipment available.))
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    (So we're straight off to the plateau after the SH base? Damn I was hoping to pick up Sarajahn's Cloak of Charisma +4 before going there. Would have made a huge difference to his bonus spells, saving throws, DCs of my Spells, Curses and Dreadful Wrath.

    Am I correct in thinking we still need Lucilla and Lia's vote on whether we go to the island, or will James be voting for to go the island base?)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    (Lucilia will do whatever the menfolk tell her to do - she thinks the whole concept of letting Lia and her have a vote is highly irregular)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    (James will vote for going to the island, as he sees it as a more immediate threat to Farshore. After all, we stopped the pearl production, right?)

    (Myst: I would really like an answer from Lia, however)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    ((OOC: Firemyst hasn't posted on rpgamer in almost a month ( http://board.rpgamer.com/forum/search.php?searchid=269770 ) - I think we should continue without them unless someone has their MSN or something ))
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    (Don't worry about Firemyst. You should be more worried about Soulweaver)
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited July 2011
    (I'm here in a limited capacity.)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    (I talked to Myst yesterday, he was going to try and post. I'll give him a few more hours)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "Whatever is on the plateau can wait," James says. "Let's dispose of these pearls and then head to the island."

    He then turns to the Olman, "Where is the nearest village we can borrow boats from?"

    "We would have to return to Tanaroa," the scout replies.

    "Hmm," James says, scratching his chin for a moment. "Lia, can you use your powers to transform into something large enough to get us across to the island?"

    (I'll give myst til tomorrow to answer this, if he doesn't then I'll answer for him.)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "Yes, the pearls are a permanent threat, so destroying them first is the wiser course. A word of warning though, assuming the scout that got away gets back to base, that will give them more time to prepare for us." Sarajahn says.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "It will take a couple of trips," Lia replies to James. "But I can do it."

    "Very well," James says. "Let's dispose of these pearls and get to the shore as soon as possible."

    The party continues to the volcano vent, where they enter and unceremoniously dump the pearls. With a pop and a hiss the lava consumes them.

    Exiting the vent, the party continues around to the other side of the volcano, where they spot a steep trail heading down hill. They keep a leary eye out for the other scout, but don't spy him on the way down. Late in the afternoon they reach the edge of the forest.

    "How long will it take us to get to the shore?" James asks the Olman scouts.

    "At least another day. This forest is thick, and the trails are narrow," the scout replies.

    "Then let's make camp here," James orders. "Sarajahn, you have first watch. I'll take second watch, Lia third and Gandt can take fourth watch."

    ***************************

    The night passes quietly, asside from the occasional noises one would hear from a dinosaur infested forest. Nothing big passes nearby, however, and the party rests well.

    ***************************

    The forest proves to be just as thick as the Olman scouts have indicated, if not worse. In several places the vines and briars cling to the group, forcing Gandt to have to cut his way through. Small game and the occasional monkey cross the party's trail, but for the most part they see little other than plants. By noon the air is thick with gnats and humidity, making the trip miserable for all.

    Suddenly Sarajahn spots movement in his peripherial vision and jumps to the side. A snake head, easily half as big as Gandt, flashes by, its fangs barely missing Sarajahn.

    "Holy ****!" James yells.

    Init:
    Lia: 21
    Scoutx3: 19
    James: 17
    Sarajahn: 13
    Gargantuan Constrictor: 12
    Gandt: 9
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    (You've forgotten Lucilla)
    Sarajahn uses a charge from his winged boots to fly straight up and out of reach of Mt Snake. He'll cast glitterdust on it in an attempt to blind it. If he is successful in that, he'll try to flank it with Gandt, he'll also try to Sudden Stunning it. If the Stunning works, he goes full attack all the way.
    If the blinding did not work, Sarajahn remains in the air and will shoot it with his handcrossbow, alternating between normal bolts and flaming burst bolts.
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Kit hires a crew, fills his ship with supplies, and sails away in search of new adventures. Chances are he settles on a small island full of attractive ladies and lives the rest of his days in luxury.

    (Will the party be entering a friendly village any time soon? My new character kind of depends on it)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "Taketh cover!" Lucilia called out as she slipped her shield off of her back and onto her arm, readying herself to heal anyone as soon as they were wounded. (I can has inits?)
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited July 2011
    "Everybody make way!" Gandt shouts, trying to get at the snake before it can do any real damage.

    If the snake is not already within reach, he charges it with a Shield Slam. If it is within reach, though, he lets loose with the greatsword in a full attack.

    NOTES:
    Shield Slam charge (p) +20 (4d6+11), Daze DC 22, AC-2
    Greatsword (s,good) +17/+12/+7 (4d6+13, +2d6 to evil) crit:19-20
    DR 4/--
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    (Ack! Lucilla gets an init of 16. TG: Could your character be a prisoner of the scarlet brotherhood?)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    (I dunno. Lv.12 enchanters aren't exactly easy to lock up. Maybe if we set up a side-story where my character WANTS to be imprisoned)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    (Okay, see what you can come up with... meanwhile, I talked to Myst last night and he was going to post after dinner. Must be a really long dinner.)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    (I dunno. Lv.12 enchanters aren't exactly easy to lock up. Maybe if we set up a side-story where my character WANTS to be imprisoned)

    What schools did you cut?
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Despite the "miserable" trip through the forest, once there is an enemy, Lia does her best to select spells that won't harm the forest around it, so fire is pretty much out. Unless she's in melee range, she will find a spot close by and use Stone Rain to drop large rocks on the snake's head.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    What schools did you cut?

    (I'm leaning towards Evocation and Necromancy)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Round 1:

    Lia starts casting. Large stones fall out of the sky and strike the snake on the head. (-22HP).

    The three remaining olman scouts fire arrows. One arrow surprisingly misses the large target, while the other two strike (-14HP total).

    James casts a magic spell. A bright green flash erupts from his hand, and small spray of green liquid arches toward the snake. A huge chunk of snake flesh dissolves as the liquid makes contact (-18HP)

    Sarajahn attempts to fly up and out of the range of the snake. It lunges toward him as he moves, it's fangs sinking into Sarajahn's legs, nearly severing them at the knee (-24HP). Sarajahn disappears from view as the snake instinctively swallows. A sword tip suddenly pierces the through the snake's neck as Sarajahn tries desperately to escape (-12HP).

    The snake turns to flee with it's meal, but Gandt has other ideas. He stomps down on the snakes massive tail, causing it to jerk to a sudden halt. With a mighty roar he swings his sword in three massive cuts, slicing through muscle, bone and all sorts of visceral goodies. (+1 kill)

    (EXP to be awarded later)

    Retrieving Sarajahn doesn't prove too difficult, and the party extracts him before any more serious harm can befall him. (I'm assuming at this point Lia heals him).

    The Olman set about cutting some meat from the snake, then the party continues on. Finding a suitable location, they set up camp and dine on delicious snake meat.

    The night passes quietly, and the next day the party reaches the beach by midmorning. They can see the island in question across the way, but it's to far to discern any activity.

    (How does the party wish to approach the island? Proceed straight across? send a scout (or scouts) first?)
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Lucilia moves to heal the wounded from the battle, Sarajahn included, using whatever magic necessary to get them back to full strength.

    "Lord, prithee healeth Thine knights, and taketh their wounds so they shalt fight in Thine Holy Glory, Amen."

    She is not too concerned about the approach to the island and will follow whatever the group decides.

    (Healing is my job! No work stealing, Lia! :P)
Sign In or Register to comment.