If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

Comments

• FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Other than checking for venom from the bites, Lia doesn't get in the way of Lucilia checking out Sarajahn.

Lia votes for either more than one scout onward to the island, or just go as a group. Sending too few will likely catch them unaware, like the snake nearly did.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "I'm really beginning to hate the creatures of this island." Sarajahn murmurs to himself once he is retreived. He agrees with Lia about crossing over as a group, but suggests if Lia is willing to part with an invisibility spell, once they're half way there, she casts it on him, and he'll take to the air and try to scout from the air. If not he'll cast invisibility on himself then take to the air and try to scout.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited July 2011
    "I don't think we should split up," Gandt agrees. He looks about, and not seeing a boat, "But how are we all getting over there?"
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "I shalt doth go ahead if thee fears dangers. The Lord willst protect me." the elfess in white volunteered, no hint of fear in her eyes.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    "Lia," James begins. "Do you not have any transportation spells that can take us to that island?"

(Lia can see the island from the beach.)
    edited July 2011
    Lia looks at James, then shakes her head. "Some of us, maybe, but I am not yet strong enough to take everyone here. I'm not sure if I can Shape into something that might work (ie, give a hint if I can). Let me think about it for a few moments.
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited July 2011
    (I was thinking tree stride allowed you to take anyone with you, but it doesn't. And while you're a high enough level to use teleport, you haven't learned it. I guess the party could assemble a raft ;)
    edited July 2011
    (Can only learn so many spells!)
    Founder, RPGamer
    edited July 2011
    James asks the Olmens and Gandt if they could build a raft to take the party across.

The scouts think that they can have one assembled within 4 to 6 hours and say so.

James then suggests the party build a raft and cross under the cover of darkness.
    edited July 2011
    Lucilia did not like the idea of a raft one bit, but she kept her mouth shut. Though she was pro-actively supporting the builders, bringing water and making food and such, she carefully stayed away from doing any actual construction work or heavy lifting.
    edited July 2011
    "One raft, coming up."
    edited July 2011
    Sarajahn agrees, and will stick to his original scouting plan unless the night is moonless and he judges there is sufficient darkness to hide him without the aid of an invisibility spell. He doesn't actually help make the raft, seeing that as a job for Gandt and the tribespeople, unless James specifically asks him to. Not wanting to upset Lavinia's brother just now, well not until after the revelation about her and himself, he'll help then.
    edited July 2011
    Gandt and the Olmen begin working on the raft. It takes a little bit longer than they anticipated, but as sunset approaches, they have a sizeable raft completed. Gandt fashions some oars, and they shove off the shore under the cover of darkness. The trip passes without incident and they arrive on the island a short time later.

Clouds come and go, and the waning moon drops behind the horizon shortly after the party arrives, so Sarajahn sets out on his scouting mission. The Brotherhood camp is located on a small bay, about 3 miles from where Sarajahn left the party. The camp reminds Sarajahn of a military outpost, as the entire thing is enclosed within a wooden wall, some 20 feet high. The wall appears to be rectangular in shape, as Sarajahn can see 4 towers. Occasionally he can spot dark shapes moving within the towers. There does not appear to be a gate in the wall Sarajahn is currently facing (the north wall). A pier stretches out from the east side of the camp, and several small boats are tied up at the pier.

EXP: Gandt 400, rest 360
    edited July 2011
    (How many boats exactly and does the pier look well guarded/In view of the towers? The EXP for the snake?)
    edited July 2011
    Lucilia makes her evening prayers on the raft silently, so as not to disturb anyone. Now that she has finished those though, she nervously stares at the camp. Though she would never dare to criticize the plans of her betters, for some reason the idea of taking this tiny make-shift raft to attack a military outpost with walls no less than 20 feet high seemed very ill-conceived to her. Whenever anyone cast a glance at her though, she'd quickly hide her worries and look down, as if afraid her thoughts would offend. Or maybe as if afraid as if those offending thoughts would get her in trouble...
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn can see 4 boats. Only one of them has sails, and its a small vessel. The pier is in view of the towers.

(Lucilla cannot see the military outpost from where the party landed)

(Yes, the EXP was for the snake)
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn decides to have a quick look for alternative places the group can enter, after which he doesn't push his luck further and returns to the group and reports.
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn loops around the camp, staying well back from the walls, hiding in the darkness provided by the trees. He spies a small gate in the western wall, but no other entrances. Satisfied, he returns to the group and reports.

"It sounds like there is not an easy way in," James says after hearing the report. "Does anyone have any thoughts on how we might be able to sneak in?"
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn shrugs. "We are not stealthy. Only reason I got as close as I did is because I have superior vision in the dark to humans amd was to keep away from their light. We either take the raft to their jetty and hope they don't spot us. Second option is either Lia or I go invisible, fly over and try and open the gate from the other side, when the gate is open you all come in speedily. Push comes to shove, and I can smash the gate open with my sword, but then the noise will attract the guards, which is why if someone does this, they should have cast on them, the best invisibility spell this group has." Sarajahn looks directly at Lia when he finishes what he has to say."
    edited August 2011
    Gandt raises an eyebrow at James's question, then laughs heartily. He probably doesn't have to come out and say what his preferred method of taking the compound is. He is obviously impatient with all this talk of sneaking and stealth.

"You want I should distract 'em while you guys make with the subtlety?"
    edited August 2011
    "No, but I think we should wait until they're changing the guard in the towers, that should give us enough of a distraction." Sarajahn says. "Any distraction made by you will only alert them to our presence."
    edited August 2011
    "Prithee, willst any of thee instruct me what I shalt doth do...?" Lucilia looked around uncertain. She was used to serving in a military command structure, not an an adventuring group, and the lack of structure was clearly problematic.

(( Also, I'm sorry, but I'm still somewhat confused about everything. Can I get a Summon Plot Exposition at some point, IC and OOC? Cause currently I'm method-roleplaying being confuzzled and bedazzled... Month long breaks do not help ))
    edited August 2011
    (We're currently attacking a Scarlet Brotherhood base. The Scarlet Brotherhood are bad guys whom I think were responsible for a huge pirate attack on Farshore, which was foiled before Sarajahn joined up. This is side quest so don't worry too much about plot.)
    edited August 2011
    James nods toward Sarajahn. "It's the middle of the night, so I doubt many of them are awake other than guards. If we send two over the top, perhaps we can take out the tower guards before they have the chance to sound an alarm. Gandt, Lucilla, the olmen and I will hang back, and wait for the gate to open, or the alarm to be sounded. Lia, you and Sarajahn prepare your spells, then sneak into the fort. Agreed?"
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn shrugs. "It's your coin. What do you say Lia?"
    edited August 2011
    The Scarlet Brotherhood are bad guys whom I think were responsible for a huge pirate attack on Farshore,
    ((That was actually the Crimson Fleet. I do not remember precisely why the Scarlet Brotherhood put out a hit on us. It might have had something to do with us supporting Lavinia as the mayor of Farshore? The guy she ran against, something Meravanchi, is a big-time noble and is suspected to have ties to the Scarlet Brotherhood. But I don't remember why we suspect him of this either.

Yeah, I would appreciate a plot recap as well. :) ))
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    (I think we found a Brotherhood scout carrying a message that implicated Meravanchi)
    edited August 2011
    Glad to at least know what to do right now, Lucilia nodded and waited patiently until the action started.
    edited August 2011
    (Short plot recap: The party supports Lavania, and has had a couple run ins with the brotherhood scouts. Also, the party has rebuffed attempts from the brotherhood to retrieve and turnover artifacts to them, instead of the proper authorities. The party strongly suspects that Meravanchi has ties with the brotherhood and wants to turn Farshore into a base of operations for the brotherhood instead of a colony of Sasserine.

The main plot thread goes like this: The party received information that Noltus Innersol, a famous paladin around these parts, run into some trouble on the plateau, and decided to set out to rescue him and his group of missionaries.)
    edited August 2011
    Lia thinks about it, then nods. "Even with invisibility, I am not as stealthy as you are, Sarajahn. You have distinct advantages in this case, and even if I could Wild Shape to get inside, I don't know if I can get the door open without being detected, once I'm inside. You can go when you are ready."

When Sarajahn is ready, she will use Greater Invisibility on him.
    Founder, RPGamer