If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

1102103104106108

Comments

  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    (Is Sarajahn okay with going it alone?)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Not really, but he'll conceal it and go anyway. He isn't really the stealthy type and would be uncomfortable being asked to perform Kit's role in the group. After all the only thing he'll miss about Kit was the fact he was an early warning system. Sarajahn will try to get the gate open as quickly as possible.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Lia doesn't think more than one person makes the task any easier, only harder. If Sarajahn doesn't want to go, she'll go herself.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    The party approaches the fort, staying under the cover of the trees. Lia casts her spell on Sarajahn, and he takes to the air, quickly crossing the remaining distance to the fort. He finds the first guard asleep at his post, and easily dispatches him. Quickly hustling to the second tower, he slips his blade through the throat of the second guard, who's eyes go wide with terror before dropping dead on the floor of the tower. The invisibility spell ends, and Sarajahn quietly climbs down the ladder to the ground.

    Sarajahn is now at the southwest corner of the fort. The area around him contains two small buildings, and a larger building due east. Judging from the rock-ringed circle between the two smaller buildings, this area appears to be used for combat training. The main gate is north of Sarajahn's position, past the two smaller buildings.

    (I'll try to get you a map later)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn will cast another invisibility spell on himself and will move quietly to the gate(I assume he killed the tower guards watching the gate), and try to get it open. He has to be more careful as his spell isn't as powerful as Lia's If he can't get it open without breaking it, he'll send Dancing l.ights as a signal to the others to come over, before he smashes it.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Lucilia stays with the party, her heavy steel tower-shield on her arm, ready to rush to the aid of whomever is hurt should this be needed. Her eyes slowly glazed over as she seemed to retreat into her own mind, eyes locked a thousand yards away. She waited silently.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn vanishes once again, and then heads for the gate. He finds it barred with a small board, although it looks like a larger, heavier board could be put in the slot. Sarajahn quickly slides the bar from the gate, and then pushes the gate open. Stepping through, he uses his spell to alert the party. He then slips back through the gate to keep watch while waiting for the party to arrive.

    (I realize you guys could really use a map about now. I probably will not be able to make it today, but I will try.)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Sarajahn pretty much waits for the group to arrive, whilst looking out for trouble.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Lucilia seemed to completely oblivious to the signal, until someone alerted her to it, which finally got her mind back into reality. She followed silently, trying to keep herself focussed on the task at hand.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited August 2011
    "I guess that's our cue to head out." Gandt approaches the compound, Listening for anything unusual.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    Lucilia followed the group silently.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    (I apologize for the delay, here is the map: Fort. Each square on the map represents 10 ft. Sarajahn is represented by Drizzt. I doubt this changes any plans, but ...)

    The party arrives at the gate, where Sarajahn is still waiting.

    (How does the party proceed, remember, there are still two guard towers. Sarajahn has not seen any signs of any other guards.)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    (funny thing Sarajahn has some things in common with Drizzt. Both have magical panther-like things as companions, now operate on the surface, are warriors, fell for a human woman(though Sarajahn isn't aware of it yet) and both could have been talented full arcanists. Of course their main difference would be their moral code.)

    "I don't like this. It was too easy getting in here, plus I haven't any other guards other than those I dispatched. This reeks of some sort of trap. Perhaps we should check the barracks? If we find them asleep, we can surely quickly slaughter them."
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    "Wouldst thou not sooner knock them out?" she suggested with a whisper "Thou needst not kill..."
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    (Lucilia will really like having Aqaezi around, heh)
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited August 2011
    "Yeah, good call. Let's keep 'em alive so we can question them later," Gandt quietly agrees with Lucilia. Then, to Sarajahn, "Lead the way."

    Spot and Listen in full swing here. (+1 and +15 respectively)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited August 2011
    "Don't come crying to me if you get stabbed in the back by one of the foes whom came to." Sarajahn finds the party's attitude strange to say the least. Drow don't go around leaving enemies. He would prefer to end any threat and maybe only take a couple prisoners for information. However he recognises that the party, with the possible exception of Kit, has little appetite for murder. So he leads them to the barracks.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Lucilia was actually quite surprised to see the reaction to her suggestion. She gave a warm smile of gratitude to Gandt.

    "Thank thee." she said to both Gandt and Sarajahn softly, otherwise remaining silent - silence was good while sneaking.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Sarajahn leads the party around the guard house, which is apparently empty, and to the barracks (the 50x70 building to the right on the map). He pauses at the door, and hearing no sounds of movement from within gently tests the door. It opens with a squeak, causing Sarajahn to pause and listen once again. After assuring himself that no one heard the sound, he finishes pushing the door open.

    Gingerly Sarajahn steps inside, entering a small communal area (10ft by 50ft). four tables, with a total of 16 chairs are neatly arranged to one side of the room, while the empty side contains several weapons racks, an a good two dozen cloaks hanging on pegs. Two doorways lead deeper into the barracks, and Sarajahn can hear snoring coming from both.

    As Sarajahn approaches the door on the left, the rest of the party enters the communal area. Gandt attempts to move as silently as possible, but his first step across the floor causes the floorboards to squeak loudly. The volume of snoring lowers, and then the party hears the sound of barefeet against wood, followed by the unmistakeable sound of someone wrestling to get boots on in the dark.

    (actions?)
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Sarajahn thinks the moving person thinks that they are from the guard duty. He motions the group to be still. Can Sarajahn tell which door the wakened person is behind? If so he tries to move quietly to the door, open it slightly if he needs a line of sight for charm person. He casts charm person on mr awake as quietly as possible.
    If Sarajahn can't tell which door the wakened person is behind, he attempts to find out, then reverts to the previous actions.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Lucilia silently follows - not much for her to do here except be quiet and not make noise. Luckily she was an expert with the mirror polished steel tower shield she carried. For such a frail creature, she managed to wield the plate of steel that weighed more than half her own bodyweight with surprising elegance. How any creature could be elegant with such a thing... well, she was and that was it.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited September 2011
    Gandt winces and doesn't move. If at any point an alarm is sounded, though, he'll be quick to block one of the doors.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Lia says not a word, only preparing herself mentally. She drops her hand to still Tamaska (omg, he lives), but otherwise doesn't move.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Sarajahn listens intently, and realizing the person is approaching the left hand door. He moves quickly to that door, and cracks it open. Faint light, from a trimmed lantern spills out. That's when he can clearly hear someone say, "I gotta go take a piss." A mumbled response can be heard from nearby.

    Sounds like more than one person may be awake. Continue with the spell?
  • AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    It doesn't sound like the othef person is fully awake so Sarajahn thinks he can still get away with it. He' ll try to do the charm person quietly as possible, and also try to use the guard's footsteps to mask the verbal parts of the spell.
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    Lucilia silently held her breath, waiting to see what would happen.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    (sorry for the delay, with the bridge out my days are extremely screwed up.)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    (So...we need to wait for a bridge to be fixed before the game can continue?

    Anyone else find that incredibly amusing? :D)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited September 2011
    (I'm lost at what bridge we broke?)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • EnyoEnyo Member Full Members
    edited September 2011
    (I don't remember breaking anything either...)
Sign In or Register to comment.