If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

13567108

Comments

  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Groves moves up to Kit holds his shoulder.

    "Wait a moment. When my comrades and I passed through here earlier, the lift was set at a lower level."

    "It seems someone else has passed through here. And I know of no other parties that have been in this area."

    (I'm assuming he doesn't know of any other parties, that is.)
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    (I'm lifting the block at BB so everyone should be able to view the old Savage Tide thread now)

    (And it seems the Disco has died or something)



  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited February 2008
    Gandt stands guard while the others figure out the lift. He looks and listens for anything amiss.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Lia explains to James that she can change into many forms, not all of them are as clumsy at flying as the sailsnake. However, she can still only do it once a day for now. If this is still his intention, then she will Wild Shape into an Eagle and look around.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    "That might be a good idea," James says to Lia. "If Grove is right, our shadow might have managed to get ahead of us."

    James then helps Grove lower the lift to their level, after scanning it for any traces of magic (Detect Magic). He then searches for any traps.

    "Looks clear to me," James says. "Skald and I will travel to the top and scout it how, while Lia flies overhead. If its clear, we'll signal for everyone else to come up."

    Lia transforms into a majestic eagle and takes to the skies. James and Skald then step onto the lift. SNAP! One of the vines breaks, tilting the platform and sending James and Skald over the side. They desperately try to grab hold, but tumble down into the water below. (James: -19HP,-5NL/Skald: -14HP, -5NL). Moments later the lift breaks away as well, smashing onto the beach below.

    The duo pull themselves out of the water and after determining their pride was injured more than anything else, decide to climb back up the middle level. Gandt throws down the rope, then hauls them up.

    "Any other bright ideas?" Amelia asks James.

    ************************************

    Actions?
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Kit moves to say something, then suddenly decides not to.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited February 2008
    Does it look like an easy climb? The idea being that "someone" goes up and ties a rope for the everyone else to climb.

    Of course, that would mean Avner's horse is out of luck.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Lia looks for stuff while flying around. She tries to see if she can spot our shadow friend(s).
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Lia doesn't see anything.

    ******************

    It doesn't look like the easiest of climbs, but it doesn't look impossible either.

    "Maybe Lia can fly down here, and carry the rope back up their in her... uh, talons," James says to Gandt.

    "Do you think you can rig something to hoist the horse up?" James asks.

    Gandt studies the debris from the lift, as well as the ropes for several minutes, before coming to the conclusion that it can be done, but will take him most of the afternoon if not longer to accomplish. The question is, does he want to?



  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited February 2008
    (Woo, didn't see this... I'll post my response tomorrow. Or is that today? Anyway, going to sleep now.)
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited February 2008
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Maybe Lia can fly down here, and carry the rope back up there in her... uh, talons,</div>
    "Say, you've got some brains on you. That's why you're the boss of our little operation, eh?" Gandt pats James on the back, then calls up to Lia. ?"Loop this around that log up there, would you?" ?He points with his lasso at the log pounded into the cliff face. ?He'll tie two ropes together if the lasso isn't long enough. ?He says to everyone else, "Can she even understand words when she's all... fuzzy?" ?

    In any case, everyone should be able to climb to the upper level more easily now.

    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">"Do you think you can rig something to hoist the horse up?" James asks.
    </div>
    It's not a good idea. ?It's best to keep moving. ?Not to mention, it's pretty clear that someone sabotaged the lift and might still be around to wreck it again. ?But Gandt doesn't mention any of these things. ?He murmurs so that only James can hear, "Avner?s really got you by the balls, huh...?"

    Then, louder, "How important is this horse, Meravanchi? ?Nothing's to say we won't run into more cliffs in the future, you know. ?But I reckon I can build you a rig just this once. ?On one condition: ?you name your firstborn son after me." ?He stares him down, dead serious. ?But he can?t help it; he bursts out laughing at his reaction. ??Nah, I?m just joshing you. ?All you?ve gotta do is say ?please?.?

    "And if anyone feels like lending a hand... don't. ?If you've gotta do something, go catch me some food."

    ((Also might be a good time for any of our spellcasters to mention any levitation or teleportation spells they might know, to get this horse problem out of the way?))
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Kit seems content to watch Gandt do his work.
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Grove tries to keep his mouth closed as he watches in awe of Gand't handiwork.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Gandt holds the rope up, trying to get Lia's attention. It takes several minutes, but finally Lia spots the rope, swoops down and picks it up out of Gandt's hands, then flies to the upper level where she returns to her elf form. Gandt quickly communicates what he wants her to do, and Lia secures the rope. Skald and Amelia quickly climb up to Lia's level.

    The rest of the party nervously pace about while Gandt works on the lift, expecting an attack at any time. It takes Gandt about 3 hours to repair the lift (+200XP). When he's finished, the party quickly ascends up to the upper level.

    "You know," James muses, "I kept expecting an attack."

    "Bite your tongue," Amelia orders.

    ****************************

    The group spends the next few hours making the best time they can along the high road. Suddenly a rumble above them grabs their attention. Looking up, a large number of stones are tumbling down the cliff face.

    "Quick, against the wall!" James yells.

    (James is suggesting the party hide against the wall, but you're free to take your own actions.)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Since everyone else is doing it, Kit will take cover by the wall.



  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited February 2008
    Gandt rushes against the wall and takes cover under his tower shield. If he can protect anyone else with it, he protects James or anyone else who's injured.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Lia will also take cover against the wall.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Grove joins the rest of the party hiding up against the wall.
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    The party huddles against the wall, trying to take as much cover under Gandt's shields as possible. The slide lasts only a minute, but in the first few seconds it becomes obvious that the material falling down from above is not rocks, but skulls of all different sizes and shapes.

    When its all over, James stands and surveys the scene. "There's only the slightest trace of magic on them," he says staying as far back from the piles as he can.

    (Actions?)
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited February 2008
    "Now that's just unsettling," Gandt states, dumbstruck. He picks up one skull and chucks it back up the mountain where it came from.

    Is there any sign of a path or ledge up there where someone might have been waiting with the skulls?
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    (No sign of a path or ledge.)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Kit has a paranoid thought and wonders if the skulls are an illusion of some sort. He will examine one skull very carefully to find out.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Lia stares at the skulls for a moment, then she sees if she can identify what they are from. She find it a bit unsettling, but nothing really disturbing about it.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    The skulls seem real enough to kit.

    Lia identifies skulls of humans, dwarves, elves, halflings, tieflings, aasmirs, etc. There are also some larger skulls that she's not quite sure what they are. Strangely though, there doesn't seem to be any skulls from common animals.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Lia shares her analysis with the group, especially about finding "nothing common" among them. She has no idea what this could mean, though.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    "Are the skulls old or new?" Kit asks.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited March 2008
    "And more important, do we care?" Gandt replies, not wanting to linger around this place.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (The a large number of the skulls are yellowed, indicating they have been around for a while. Only a few of them appear freshly white.)

    "I say we move on," James says, kicking a skull out of his way. "Whoever or whatever is behind this will show up eventually, I'm sure."

    The group moves on, making another couple miles before setting up camp for the night on a wide cliff (almost 100 feet wide) 200 feet above the surface of the ocean. A few small shrubs grow along the edges of the road here. Amelia mutters continously about wishing she was back on the open sea. Urol is strangely subdued, for once he doesn't write anything in his journal about the days events. Avner, after rubbing down his horse, sits quitely alone. Skald and Lirith are off to the sides talking in hushed tones, although the young woman keeps glancing at Kit.

    Gandt and James begin unpacking the food, before Gandt suddenly stops, and counts the food bags again. (One of the food bags is missing.)

    (Actions?)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">"And more important, do we care?"</div>

    "We should. If they're fresh, our mysterious stalker would have needed to gather a lot of skulls very quickly. That doesn't bode well for the inhabitants of the island," Kit replies. "But they're not. Still..."

    * * * * *

    Kit hasn't noticed the missing bag.

    "I'm getting tired of this stalker. I have an idea of how to draw him out, but it's going to be risky."
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Skald, Amelia and Lirith are all eager to hear more about Kit's plan.
Sign In or Register to comment.