If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

D&D Savage Tide

12467108

Comments

  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    "I say we split up, hang back from the main group, and hope the bastard decides to go after one of us. I'm referring to US by the way," Kit gestures to Gandt, Lia, Grove, and himself.

    Kit shrugs. "It's not exactly fool-proof. He might be too cowardly to take the bait. Or he's takes us out one by one. All we can do is hope the chosen target calls for help in time."

    Kit now turns to James. "There is an alternative that might work much better, but it involves you James. You seem to be the only person who can feel his magical energy trail...or whatever it is you do with your eyes. You fall back and be the bait while Lia and I follow you as stealthily as possible. Hopefully he'll go for you, and he does, Lia and I ambush him."

    "But, if all of this sounds way too risky, that's fine. I'd rather not risk my posterior like this, but since I chose to come to this hellish place, that's a moot point now."
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    "He doesn't seem that concerned with picking us off at the moment. More like he's toying with us, trying to stop us from heading in this direction, more than anything. What could he be protecting?"
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (Does Grove know of any locations that may provide someone with an opportunity to ambush the party?)

    "I agree with the young lady. If this intruder wanted to attack us, they would have done so."
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Kit shrugs. "Replace 'trail' with 'scout ahead'. It should work just as well."
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited March 2008
    "Believe me, I've had enough of these games too. If you think this idea'll get him in a one-on-one fight, I'll do it. ...Hey, did someone get hungry?" Gandt says, now noticing the missing food.

    (How big are these bags of food? Enough to really to be concerned about?)
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (The only place Grove can think of is where the road turns inland, another 2-3 days travel, by his reckoning.)

    (The bag of food that is missing is enough to feed the party for a day)

    "We can give it a try," James says to Kit. "At least that would be doing something, instead of waiting for whatever twisted thing he tries next."

    And to Gandt, "Are you sure? Is it possible we left it at the lift?"

    (Gandt is positive that he's correct about the missing food, and he's also positive it didn't get left at the lift. Sometime between this morning and now, the food has disappeared.)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Kit shrugs off the missing food bag. "It's not really that big a deal, is it? Lots of creatures around here we can roast if we get desparate."
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    "It IS a big deal, Kit. We can't just lose supplies. We either have a traitor or a thief in our midst. We need to find out which and who it is."
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    At the mention of a possible thief, both Amelia and Lirith turn and look at Avner, sitting at the campfire, eating some salted beef.

    "Maybe we just misplaced it," James says.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited March 2008
    (Who was the one carrying the food bag to begin with? Gandt?)

    "I don't buy that," Gandt says to James. "I think Lia has the right of it here. And if that's the case, I might have to, ah, disturb the peace a bit here. Maybe have everyone empty out their bags, and see what comes out. ...If that's alright with you, sir." There's the slightest trace of irritation in his voice at that last part.

    "It could've been the coward following us, too. I wouldn't put it past him. But if he can steal a bag that big from under our noses without anyone seeing him... well, let's just say I'd prefer that the thief is one of our own. That's easier to deal with."
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Kit laughs. "It's not me. Aside from my gold pouch, all I have is the stuff in my pockets. Quite a place to hide a bag of food I think."



  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (The food was with the items being carried by Avner's horse.)

    "Well, right now its not too much of a problem, but if another goes missing, I don't think we'll have enough to make it to Farshore without rationing," James says. "It's a lot of food for one person, I can see why anyone would take it, or where they would put it."

    "Avner used to steal food on the ship," Lirith suddenly adds. "He probably did it."

    Amelia offers Gandt her backpack. "If you really think that much food can fit in here, feel free to look inside."
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Kit takes Lirith aside and gives her a slight pinch on her bottom. "So, Avner used to steal food eh? How much food does that horse of his need to eat?"
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited March 2008
    "Nah, that won't be necessary, Captain," Gandt says to Amelia. Then, regarding everyone's suspicion of Avner, "I don't know why he'd do it either. But if we're so worried about hurting his feelings, maybe just wait till he's asleep to search his stuff, and see if he's got our food in there. ...Then if he does have it, I've half a mind to go back and put him and his horse back at the bottom of that cliff and leave them there."
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    "I don't know if he ever stole food for the horse... He cares about it, true, and he would give it treats from time to time. I guess its possible he stole them," Lirith answers Kit. She reaches out her hand and strokes him gently across the cheek. "Why do you always want to talk about him?"

    ************************************

    "Okay," James says, agreeing with Gandt's plan. "We'll wait until later, and then search his stuff. In the meantime, let's keep a sharp look out, if it is our shadow that took it, he may try to take more."

    ************************************

    The light fades steadily from the sky, and before long everyone is asleep or on watch. James and Amelia sneak over to Avner and begin looking through his bags. They don't find anything, but more importantly, they don't wake Avner from his sleep.

    The next morning, James reports his findings to the rest of the party. "I think if we're really worried about the food, one of us should stay with the horse while we carry out Kit's plan to lure our shadow out."
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Kit laughs at Lirith's remark. "You're right. I've been too focused on our problems of late. This place makes me tense, but I'm sure we can remedy that later tonight, hm?"

    * * * * *

    When James states his intention to go with Kit's plan, Kit is a little surprised, but he doesn't say anything.
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited March 2008
    "You can use this to call us back if anything happens," Gandt says to Grove, handing him a (slightly used) signal whistle. He seems to be volunteering Grove to stay behind.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (Sorry for the delay, was fighting off a nasty bout of food poisoning over the weekend. Since bebop hasn't answered in the negative, I'm going to assume he agrees to stay with the horse....)

    James and Lia depart shortly there after, hoping to build a little bit of distance, (but not too much) between themselves and Kit and Gandt. Grove and the rest of the group depart after packing up everything. Avner makes a scene of being left with just Grove to protect them, but is pretty much ignored by everyone.

    The morning drags on, bright and sunny, but strangely still, as if the very island was waiting in anticipation of something. Suddenly, in the distance, Lia and James spot a native, dressed very much like Grove, standing at the cliff's edge looking out to see.

    (The native is about 300 feet away. Actions?)
  • TGBarighmTGBarighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (Can Kit see the native? And where is Lirith and Amelia? Aren't they with Avner?)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (Is there somewhere Lia and James can duck out of view?)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (Lirith, Amelia and Skald are all with Avner and Grove. Lia and James could duck against the cliff wall, but its pretty sheer, so they don't really have any hiding places. Kit and Gandt can see that James and Lia have stopped, but they haven't spotted the native yet.)
  • SoulweaverSoulweaver Artist - 6 Eyes Studio OrlandoFull Members
    edited March 2008
    (Hope you feel better. :) )

    Gandt halts too, looking and listening for whatever caused James and Lia to pause.

    (And how far apart is everyone? ?And for Firemyst's sake, does the native appear to be armed?)



  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Gandt can't spot anything, nor does he hear anything,

    (Gandt and Kit are about 500 feet from Lia and James, and the native does not appear armed.)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Lia turns to James, whispering. "Didn't Grove say everyone was lost from his group? Do you think this is our stalker? He seems to be looking for something."
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    "Could be," James whispers. "Do you think we should approach him, or wait for Kit and Gandt?"
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Lia glances over. "I think you should approach, while I back you up. That way he won't get the drop on both of us."

    (Can you Detect Magic on him?)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    (James could yes, is Lia suggesting he do so?)
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Lia suggests James uses Detect Magic. smile.gif

    (sorry, was playing catchup from the weekend ^^)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    James casts detect magic. ?He concentrates on the native, who suddenly jumps from the cliff. ?Before Lia can react, James grabs her arm. ?"Don't, it was an illusion," he says. ?With that, he draws his daggers and begins looking around at the cliff side, while motioning for Gandt and Kit to come up to where he and Lia are standing.



  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited March 2008
    Lia looks around as well as she waits for the two to approach.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
Sign In or Register to comment.