If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Laughable "Chrono Trigger 2" ebay auction.

Comments

• ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited February 2008
    My favorite part is the Certificate of AuthenMYSTERY.
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited February 2008
    At least he's throwing in the Power Puff Girls game for free. ;P
  • RinvakRinvak New Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Wow, well I've always heard of weird Ebay auctions and now I've seen one; I kinda want to unlearn about this . On that note
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">*Will this cartridge cure (disease name) ?
    I'm not sure, it probably depends. But just to play it safe, for right now I'm going to say "Yes".</div>
    That's so cool I never would've guessed it was possible.
  • doriandorian Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Reminds me of the origami boulder.

Without the, you know, over-the-top, offensively stereotypical Japanese Engrish.

quoted for awesome:

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">
    You think I would play this cartridge in my super nintendo? You think I would jeopardize the life of me and my family any more than I am by listening this auction?
    (I really need this money)</div>

Also love:

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">This cartridge was obtained in 5th grade, when a girl named (DELETED FOR PROTECTION) refused to go out me after I had offered her my love, and I was forced to steal her copy of this game in order to makeup for the lost broken pieces of my heart. </div>

and the barely blurred name on the cartridge

• CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    You guys do realize that this guy is laughing his head off waiting to see how gullible people are, right? 8p It's actually a pretty good scam.
  • waterlily43waterlily43 Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    haha there are actually people bidding for it. And if they do get scammed then they'll probably laughed it off. He's just preying on people's curiosity...but I'll bet it's just another powerpuff game or some crap game nobody likes playing....that's why the label was ripped off.

That said, it was a beautifully executed scam though XD At least it's interesting.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2008
    I like a good bit of humor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited February 2008
    Maybe i should try to sell my American version of Mother for the nintendo. Wonder how much it would go for?
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • VirtuosoVirtuoso Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    eBay looks like the place to be.

*tries to apply for bank card* biggrin.gif
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited February 2008
    ...What?

Its actually going for like 45 bucks right now... WTH?

We'll see.. I wanna know what it actually is hah hah
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited February 2008
    I think most people are bidding because it's a joke. And if people take this seriously then they have it coming.

But it's actually a pretty humorous auction. xD
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    This has slightly more merit than that grilled cheese sandwich that was on eBay awhile ago. laugh.gif
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited March 2008
    i can't believe it actually sold for like 40 something bucks
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited March 2008
    at least it's better than david beckham's half eaten fries and coke.
  • MiyosakaMiyosaka Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Guys...

... I totally just got the ONLY COPY of CHRONO TRIGGER II: AYLA'S ISLAND on ebay for only 45 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Expect screenshots of Ayla carrying baby Crono on her back shortly.
    thanks for reading
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Although this is thread necromancy, that was hilarious. laugh.gif Kudos Miyosaka.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Perfect Day for it wink.gif
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • GooseAssGooseAss Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    many years ago (like 1999), someone sold "fear" on ebay. i think it went for $.99 or something. i thought it was pretty funny.
    edited April 2008
    I wonder what those catridges really were...