If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New FFX-2 Info

Joseph WithamJoseph Witham MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
It looks like the game is shaping up to be quite a different experience than the original FFX. With all the new info released, I'm even more excited.

Comments

• MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"...he or she will be able to change clothing and jobs. There will be a short transformation scene showing the character take on the new appearance.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

That sounds wrooooong. biggrin.gif
  • Joseph WithamJoseph Witham Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well, considering how skimpy the game is so far, I'm not surprised that sounded bad alien.gif
  • Halcyon GaiaHalcyon Gaia Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Final Fantasy X-2 will be released in Japan in March 2003, with a North American release likely to follow within the next year.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Why the heck do we have to wait until 2004!?! ?Lazy translators, all of 'em! ?Unless, "the next year" means 2003, which means RPGamer needs to be more clear when they write. ?So is it 2003 or 2004?
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Metacod @ Dec. 21 2002,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"...he or she will be able to change clothing and jobs. There will be a short transformation scene showing the character take on the new appearance.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

That sounds wrooooong. ? <!--emo&<!--emo&biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    When I read that there would be a changing sequence I remember Sailor Moon. I have an odd feeling that the tranformation sequence will be something like Sailor Moon's sequences.

LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Halcyon Gaia @ Dec. 22 2002,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Final Fantasy X-2 will be released in Japan in March 2003, with a North American release likely to follow within the next year.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Why the heck do we have to wait until 2004!?! ?Lazy translators, all of 'em! ?Unless, "the next year" means 2003, which means RPGamer needs to be more clear when they write. ?So is it 2003 or 2004?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I took it to mean within the 12 months following the Japanese release, which generally seems to be when games are released in America. RPGamer news writers can't help it if you choose to interpret their stories incorrectly when they word them just fine.
  • Joseph WithamJoseph Witham Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Thanks, LordBrian, that's exactly what I meant.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    Eh, I'm not so sure. So far, all the playable characters are girls. Seems too "Charlie's Angels" for me.

I just might end up skipping this one for the hopeful Final Fantasy VII-2 game!
  • RadioDazeRadioDaze New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I wouldnt jump the gun on the whole ff7 sequel. If you ask me, that sounds really iffy, as well, the only way that would happen is if ffx-2 goes over well. So my suggestion is if you want square to continue the trend, support ffx2 and perhaps one day we'll see more take-offs?