If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dead Fantasy

CidolfasCidolfas MemberFull Members
edited December 2008 in Entertainment
If anybody has gotten even a tiny modicum of enjoyment out of FF7AC, you owe it to yourselves to take a look at these babies.

Dead Fantasy http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26450.html?type=
Dead Fantasy Ep. 2 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32364.html?type=

They're pretty much just solid fight scenes, but DAMN.
He also did one called "Haloid", a mashup between Halo and Metroid, which was also pretty cool.

Comments

• NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited April 2008
    They are indeed very, very awesome. The semi-cliffhanger at the end of Ep. 2 is intense.
    Episode 3 can't come soon enough.
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Holy. Holy shizam.

That was just... woah, man that was cool. Crazy awesome cool.

Some fans just have a lot of time and leet skillz at their disposal o_o

Edit: For the love of GOD dial up users and users with connections quotas, beware. These videos are like 200 MB each. I realised too late - so while I have experienced their sheer awesome... I am now running notoriously low on net quota.

Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Sorry... there are low-res versions on Gametrailers as well, but they don't look anywhere near as good.
  • Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Makes me glad I have FiOS. laugh.gif

But yeah, amazing work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Hey, I have cable internet, and I saw those videos just fine. ?It did take about 30 seconds for "Buffering" (argh). ?Also, metered service sucks. ?And yes, the vids are awesome.

Why they are fighting isn't mentioned, but who cares?

What is the spell Tifa casts at the end (of Episode 2)?

And it seems like you got the Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 links mixed up.

edited April 2008
    Demi would be my guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Gravita I believe.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited April 2008
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ Apr. 18 2008,00:58)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Gravita I believe.</div>
    Ok, so Demi2 then. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    There is no "Gravita". 8p It's Gravity or Graviga/Gravija.
    edited April 2008
    <div>
    (Cidolfas @ Apr. 19 2008,03:14)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">There is no "Gravita". 8p It's Gravity or Graviga/Gravija.</div>
    That's what I thought o_O Unless there's a new cereal afoot.
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.
    edited April 2008
    Isn't "aja" the suffix for a fourth level spell? rock.gif

Lvl | Suffix | Example
    _
    1 | No suffix/ base name | Cure
    2 | 'a' | Cura
    3 | "aga" | Curaga
    4 | "aja" | Curaja
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    I always thought that level 2 suffixes were 'ra', not just 'a'?

That's why when I'm unsure I say 'demi2' or something similar XD
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.
    edited April 2008
    Well, considering that it was Tifa and FFVII was the last Final Fantasy to use the name(number), Demi2 would be correct. laugh.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2008
    The level 2 suffixes are "-ra", but when the spell is Cure, it already ends in an "r" so it's just an "a" tacked on. It goes Fire, Fira, Firaga, Firaja.

However, Gravity is not a "regular" spells, and never has more than one or two levels, so to the best of my recollection there is never a Gravira, it jumps straight to level 3 or 4. Often it's just Graviga/Gravija in a game.
  • RaquelRaquel Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Incase you aren't familiar with it, Dead Fantasy is an online series where girls related to the Final Fantasy series fight with girls related to the Dead Or Alive series.

Part 1
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26451.html

Part 2
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32365.html

Personally I think that when the teams have the same number of girls that the Final Fantasy ones have the upper hand, but when one team outnumbers the other then that one clearly has the advantage.

Oh and sorry if there is already a post for this somewhere. With my luck as soon as I post this someone else will send me a link to another post about this that I missed.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited April 2008
    <div>
    (Raquel @ Apr. 21 2008,21:54)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Oh and sorry if there is already a post for this somewhere. With my luck as soon as I post this someone else will send me a link to another post about this that I missed.</div>
    Yup. Looks like you were right.
  • RaquelRaquel Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Dangit, I didn't think to check Misc! But the other topic doesn't have the creator's DA account where you can see posters of the characters and some new dresspheres for the next part at least.

http://montyoum.deviantart.com/

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited April 2008
    Topic move and merge completed.

Please be more careful in the future Raph.

Anyway, I watched these..wow. Cool movies ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited April 2008
    Does anyone know if DFIII is out. He was talking about DFIV, so I kinda figured we could get some more super pretty sparkley fights. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited April 2008
    Re: FF spell names: I always use the Spanish pronunciation of -aja. Why? I don't know; it just feels right. -aja is unusual in English, but common in Spanish. Also, it sounds like someone is laughing at you. smile.gif
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited April 2008
    I think he said he's asking for offers to design dress spheres since well..some of the ones in the game were sucky in his opinion.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • OliviaOlivia Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Just a comment on the name "Final Fantasy":

Am I the only one who thinks this name is a bit stupid? Yeah, it sounded cool at first, but after 12+ games it starts to lose that exciting and dramatic air of finality. They should call them Another Fantasy, or better, Yet Another Fantasy.

Not to say I dislike the games, but the name sucks serious arse.
    \"I was always a rebel and probably could have got much farther had I changed my attitude. But when you think about it, I got pretty far without changing attitudes. I'm happier with that.\" – Veronica Lake
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2008
    A little over 20 years ago, Square was about to go out of business. They poured their last amount of money into one "final" game, and they had decided that the game would be a fantasy title, a la Dragon Quest and Ultima (taking several themetics from the traditional Dungeons and Dragons). Final Fantasy was thus the chosen title. Ironically, Japan ate the game up, Square didn't go bankrupt, and the series skyrocketed from there. Because it's a series, they decided to maintain the obsolete title.
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Dang. I saw this thread was updated and hoped that part 3 had been released.
This discussion has been closed.