If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XII slightly more revealed

RicoRico MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
It's Final Fantasy. It's not a sequel. It's not a MMORPG. It has a recently released promotional poster. Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2002
    *looks and sees no castles or recognizable traces of elves or old guys in rusted armor* ?

WOO!!!
    *goes back to sleep*
  • Lao TseLao Tse Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Mommy.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    The japanese says something along the line of, "FF12 is made." So you make your own guess. I figure it's something to just reassure fans that they are progressing, not necessarily done with the game.
  • kaserdankaserdan Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    "Square has also announced the producers for the game, Jun Akiyama will be the production supervisor (FFVII), Akihiko Yoshida (Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story character designer) will be the character design and 3D map design, and Hideo Minaba (FF Tactics, FFIX) will be the art director"

-http://www.the-magicbox.com/game122502g.htm

Nomura is too busy with FFX2 ? ?Well, I like changes ! ?I also heard Hitoshi Sakimoto will make the music. ?Many changes in the Final Fantasy worlds ! ?They never really decieved us. ?Can't wait to see a real trailer !

Kaserdan
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    I'm actually glad Nomura isn't working on this one, I haven't really been too impressed with any of his latest work. Now taking talent from FFT, Vagrant Story and FFIX, can mean only one thing. This game is going to be so badass, I can't wait.
  • Temple_PriestessTemple_Priestess Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I wish Yoshitaka Amano was on this one, but the poster is very impressive, so I have high hopes. I wonder if that dark haired person in the middle is the main character? And if so, it looks a bit like it could be a female character. *high hopes for a female lead!*
  • Bossy lil QuistyBossy lil Quisty Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    This is freaky. It looks like something out of Metropolis! oO

Purdy though.
  • VixVix Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bossy lil Quisty @ Dec. 26 2002,08:00)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"This is freaky. It looks like something out of Metropolis! oO

Purdy though.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    LOL Exactly what I was going to say lol.

I hope they don't make the setting Metopolis-like I really didn't like that movie >.< ( probably cause the manga is older then me ).
  • Liquid IceLiquid Ice Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    *puts aside $50* illl be ready
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Two words: frickin' sweet.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2002
    While the poster definately piques my interest in the game, I'll wait until there is more information before I start looking forward to the game. ?The poster is really cool, by the way.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • shadow024shadow024 Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well i was hopin a more fantasy then futeristic -_-
    well i guess i will wait til FF CC for gamecube..
    oh well i hope it doesnt have futeristic weapons!

well i prob like it still

*sigh* sarcasm.gif
    I dont have a ps2 but i do have a GAMECUBE!!!
    to play FF CC!!!!!!
  • FuneralFuneral New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I remember back in 1997, just before my 14th birthday, when I saw a promotion poster for FF7 in a Playstation magazine. The poster showed Midgar and had a slogon which went something like "Is your TV screen big enough". I remember thinking omg this is gonna be something special and I said exactly the same thing upon seeing that FF12 promo poster. It just looks so damn magical and creative. Before the image had loaded up of course I waited scepticaly, what after the poor ps2 debut that was FF10. But when I saw that airship and those futuristic buildings and then that city scene with strangely dressed characters I got even more excited. OMG I CANNOT WAIT!!.

lol I just now it's gonna be a hard wait and i'm gonna end up splashing out loads of money to get my pal ps2 chipped xmas.gif

This is without doubt the best thing to have happened over Christmas and finaly a decent looking FF to look forward to, yay!
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Cool! biggrin.gif

And I'm quite glad Nomura isn't doing the designs. That man began to scare me after a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    I really like Normura's designs, FFVIII in particular, but there's no use crying over something that's already been set in motion. And is it just me, or does anyone else think it looks like the guy in front has a lightsaber on his belt?
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I was also tired of Tetsuya Nomura's stale old cookie cutter character designs with all the silver buckles and unecessary straps, feminine males with meg ryan haircuts, and Amerasian looking females with bad hair and dog faces. A whole new design team is just what the series needs to get some more creativity out of the house of square. I can't wait to see what these new guys cook up.
    edited December 2002
    In regards to Nomura, he's not doing the designs for the new characters for FFX-2 either. That particular job is being done by Tetsu Tsukamoto this time.
  • EvaNgeLioNEvaNgeLioN Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Personally I am really excited for this game, however it will be about 2 years and 3 months before I will ever even get the chance to play this one, regardless of the release date. I am going to Kaohsiung, Taiwan for 2 years in March, so I will be forced to wait until I get home to play it. That makes it rather hard to get really excited about the game.

Regardless tho, I am kinda woried about the musical composer I love Nobuo, and I don't want to see the music go down hill. Does anyone know what other stuff this other music composer has done? That aside, I am excited about the new design team, and am looking forward to this game nonetheless.
  • mooncalfemooncalfe Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    ah, the brilliant akihiko yoshida. i loved his noseless characters from FFtactics, they were adorable and beautifully designed... i bet the FFXII characters will have noses, though. haha.

in regards to nomura, i think he has a lot of originality in the field of RPGs, you can instantly tell a design by him. bizarre, befuddling non-european fantasy/future-fashion ought to be more present in the genre, and he presents it. it's interesting too 'cause his designs aren't readily european, japanese or any other ethnicity, but draw on many and sloosh them together into something totally different and weird. i like the unfamiliarity of the characters, in relation to the real world and "standard" fantasy. and man, i totally died when i saw Paine, too. how long must i have waited for someone so gothically 80s? bliss!

although, i didn't care for Tidus much. him aside, then. haha, and remember Wakka's hairdo? who else could we get that from? oh, and the lovely Tifa, too.

but then again, that's just me. maybe it'd be cool if yoshida and nomura ate each other, and became one person. akihiko nomura. or umm... tetshida akimura. yeah, that would be it.

-r.
  • Shinta_HimuraShinta_Himura New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    AWWWW That's great!
    Now I have to wait like 5 years to buy this game HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Brazil Sucks....Dollar here are a disgrace of expensive....it's a Chaos over here....

but..I think it's worth to wait for the good things! ^.^
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordBrian @ Dec. 26 2002,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"In regards to Nomura, he's not doing the designs for the new characters for FFX-2 either. That particular job is being done by Tetsu Tsukamoto this time.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hmm, I was mistaken. Oh well, Nomura still scares me...
  • sniffysniffy Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Tetsu Tsukamoto designed The LeBlanc gang, and has credits for the alternate "morph" costumes. Also Tsukamoto is drawing some parts of the artbook and instruction manual.

Nomura did Yuna(Original), Rikku(Yuffie clone), Paine(Squall fe-man clone) as well as a lot of the monsters and townies. He did a nice job on Yuna's hair this time, and the townsfolk are as lively as ever.

I agree though that Paine is definitely an 80's Gothy-Punkish chick, which is a plus in my twisted torn book of 80's adulation.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    The things that went to my mind when I saw the poster were : "This is gonna be incredible!", "This is gonna be something as big as the FF6-FF7 transition!", "This just looks great!"... and then I started thinking again. And I thought : "This looks really, really exciting". I was somehow disappointed with the all the media from FFX-2, and now I can't wait to see more of this one. Have a nice wait !
  • AnimaAnima New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I think I just peed myself.
  • Temple_PriestessTemple_Priestess Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Psylum @ Dec. 26 2002,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And is it just me, or does anyone else think it looks like the guy in front has a lightsaber on his belt?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I thought the same thing *LOL*
    But I still think that's a woman. Look at the shirt (armor?). It looks like a feminine body to me--could be wrong though, I do wear glasses ^^;
  • SephirothSephiroth Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    hm--why don't they just call it FFT2--sheesh
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    hmmmm, i see theres some out there that hate nomura....whats wrong wit his stuffs? i felt that his designs were awesome
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shinta_Himura @ Dec. 26 2002,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"AWWWW That's great!
    Now I have to wait like 5 years to buy this game HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Brazil Sucks....Dollar here are a disgrace of expensive....it's a Chaos over here....

but..I think it's worth to wait for the good things! ^.^[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What do you complain about? mad.gif I live in Argentina and the dollar is even more expensive here. If you have to wait 5 years I have to wait 15.
    But you?re right it?s worth to wait for the good things! alien.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif smile.gif xmas.gif
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sephiroth @ Dec. 26 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"hm--why don't they just call it FFT2--sheesh[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Maybe because it isn't? That's like asking why they didn't call Devil May Cry the next Resident Evil game in the series.
  • The AthenianThe Athenian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well, well, that's easy on the eyes.
    Looks like FF8 meets FF9, sort of.