If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Smaller Forums

OliviaOlivia MemberFull Members
edited July 2008 in Site & Forum Support
I was a member here back in the day (I think it was near 2004 or so) and it seems like a lot of the good ol' forums have been trimmed down. I know for one there used to be a roleplaying forum, and I also remember a few other forums that just don't seem to be here anymore. What happened? o~o

Thanks for any help clearing this up!

- Olivia

\"I was always a rebel and probably could have got much farther had I changed my attitude. But when you think about it, I got pretty far without changing attitudes. I'm happier with that.\" – Veronica Lake

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    Four years of development happened?

A forum changes, like everything else. If there's no demand for things, they disappear. If there is demand for change, things change.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited July 2008
    Basically Solon's right. 4 years of changes..not to mention 3-4 admin changes..here's what I remember.

The Final Fantasy forum and the Dragon Warrior forum merged into the Square-Enix forum.

Anime forum morphed into the Entertainment forum.

Roleplaying forum disappeared, only recently replaced by Saving Throw.

General Help and Advice forum added.

Forum Games forum added since we had too many of those around.

--that's what I can remember quick off the top of my head before church. I'll see if I can rattle my brain some more when I get home.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • OliviaOlivia Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    Gee, Solon, thanks for such a helpful answer.

In any case, Mary-Alice, I appreciate your help. ^^
    \"I was always a rebel and probably could have got much farther had I changed my attitude. But when you think about it, I got pretty far without changing attitudes. I'm happier with that.\" – Veronica Lake
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited July 2008
    Welcome. Guess writing/keeping up the newbie guide (yes I've been keeping a list of boards somewhere on there) helps to remember specifics. ^^

Not to mention being around so long. ^^

Also just so you know(now that I got time to think); the game help forum disappeared. General help is sorta the replacement.

*checks the page updates archive on the newbie guide to jog some memory*

Oh yeah. The Site and Forums Support forum is also pretty new.

Of course, there's been more changes than changes to the sub-boards, but..I think that covers it.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited July 2008
    <div>
    (Olivia @ Jul. 13 2008,16:50)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I was a member here back in the day (I think it was near 2004 or so) and it seems like a lot of the good ol' forums have been trimmed down. I know for one there used to be a roleplaying forum, and I also remember a few other forums that just don't seem to be here anymore. What happened? o~o

Thanks for any help clearing this up!

- Olivia</div>
    Curious as to what your username used to be.

I was upset when the role playing forum disappeared, but seeing as towards the end I was basically its only inhabitant, I guess it was destined to be. The Saving Throw forum that now exists is, by its nature, not so much internet role play but more D&D based than the previously free form role playing area.

Things changed a bit, but the content of the forum is basically the same. You just might have to nosey around a bit to find it.

Mary covered everything. Anything else you need help with, you could either find in her newbie guide, or ask in the general help forum ^^.
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • OliviaOlivia Member Full Members
    edited July 2008
    The biggest thing I miss is the roleplaying forum. God, I loved that place. When I was looking around here I was like, "...WTH?"