If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New 360/PS3 Castlevania, SoTN related?

MuneTeikaMuneTeika MemberFull Members
edited October 2008 in Miscellaneous Gaming
Well since nobody else has posted it yet, I figured I would.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41242.html

It almost makes me think we'll be getting either a sequel to SoTN, or quite possibly a 3D SoTN.

Comments

• HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    I think the internet would explode if it was hi-res 2D. We're sure that's Alucard though, right?
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited October 2008
    The CG doesn't look terribly impressive. I do want to know more about this game, though.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited October 2008
    The CG looks so outdated that I imagine it's been designed to look that way on purpose. Why? Who knows.
  • Green NuGreen Nu Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    A remake of Symphony maybe? wink.gif
    You must gather your party before venturing forth
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited October 2008
    Not entirely sure that's meant to be Alucard.
    Without more info I'll reserve judgment.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited October 2008
    The CG looks so outdated that I imagine it's been designed to look that way on purpose. Why? Who knows.
    I can't imagine fathom a reason why myself. It really does look dated. The only thing I can think of was because they had some stylistic reason for doing so.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited October 2008
    They may be going for a Kaneko sort of style.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2008
    They pooped all over III with Curse of Darkness so I hope they do the same for SotN with this! devil.gif
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited October 2008
    You know, I don't get why everyone hated Curse and Lament so much. I rather enjoyed the two games. That said, though, the Metroidvania style is really stale. I really hope they do something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited October 2008
    That said, though, the Metroidvania style is really stale. I really hope they do something else.
    55173-lolwut.jpg
    edited October 2008
    I see you're contributing to the discussion in a positive manner there, FB. Thank you for your insight. Please don't spam the forums anymore, no one likes that.

Now back to topic. I've heard people talking about how it might be a Devil May Cry type of game. Personally, I think that has all sorts of potential to go wrong, but if it could be pulled off without feeling like a rote copy of Dante's adventures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    I see you're as anal as ever. Fantastic. Welcome back /sarcasm.

Anyway, If Davis can say something like he did. I don't see why there's a problem with what I said.

But hey, Whatever.

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited October 2008
    Hating on SotN is constructive and productive behavior. Duuuuuuuuuuuh.
    edited October 2008
    Apparently so, Davis. Apparently so.
    edited October 2008
    The defense of SotN can be done in a manner that doesn't resort to belittling or tired internet memes, first off. Second, I rather liked SotN, but believe the formula is overused. However, since the topic has been derailed hopelessly, I am locking the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.