If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Project Entropia:

LaoKLaoK MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
Gone are the days where frivolous money can be spent collecting every single spell, or buying weapons just to feed capsule monsters... what do you guys think of this idea? Actual money for digital items? Or am I just freaking out?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2003
    i can see the anti-gamers' headlines now...just like all the others, this game is inevitably going to take the blame for some kind of extinuating circumstances leading to suicide or debt. what a way to create a huge target for that old fart on TV whining about what games "do to us." mad.gif other than that, its cool to see something brand-spankin new in the rpg world.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Why would they do that? It's not like they screamed total corruption of the market when Pokemon things started showing up all over the place, which is arguably the same thing. People found it more amusing than anything when people started paying real money for things like UO accounts on eBay. It's nothing new, really, and I don't think this is anything that will bring down parents on video games again. I just don't see it as a successful way to run a game.