If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tales of the World: Summoner Lineage

TadrithTadrith MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
Namco is gifting us with yet another Tales game, this time on the Game Boy Advance. I certainly hope we all have time this coming year... there's an awful lot coming out, and I'm sure none of us want to miss any of it!

Comments

• CyllyaCyllya Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    [insert another "Wai~!" here]

Hmm... you can hardly see evidence of that "this isn't just Namco using the Tales name to make the game sell" concept I'm always trying to convince everyone of...."City of Euclid" is pretty much illegible and Dhaos was only mentioned in screenshot #7....

Semi-Random Q: Why does RPGamer use jpg for images with less than 256 colors (ie. images that would look better as a gif)? Fear of being sued by CompuServe or something? That haunts the back of my mind too... *hugs 256-color png*

Now about that art of Fulein and Macaron... Are you sure you don't want the big one?
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    RPGamer, collectively, doesn't usually convert things between formats; We take what we get. There're some exceptions, like with bitmaps and some forms of movies, but generally, it's not worth the quality degradation or the extra effort.
  • ElrinthElrinth Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Why couldn't the battlesystem be the same as the old Tales of Destiny, Phantasia, Eternia??
    =/
    Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 was pretty good, but it didn't have any world you could run around in. You just have one city, and like 7 diffrent dungeons. Not much of story in it either, I think (I don't understand jap) confused.gif
    \"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind\" - Edward D. Morrison
  • CyllyaCyllya Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Jan. 03 2003,00:44)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"RPGamer, collectively, doesn't usually convert things between formats; We take what we get. ?There're some exceptions, like with bitmaps and some forms of movies, but generally, it's not worth the quality degradation or the extra effort.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Meaning, you leave them in whatever format they were in when you found them? Weren't those images from the official website? Said website used gifs, and the images look much, much nicer.... Same goes for 90% of those ND2 screens.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Why couldn't the battlesystem be the same as the old Tales of Destiny, Phantasia, Eternia?? =/[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Because they really wanted to make a sequel to Pocket King. And though it might be possible to combine PK and Tales battle systems... it'd be really, really weird. (Not that I'd mind said weirdness.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 was pretty good, but it didn't have any world you could run around in. You just have one city, and like 7 diffrent dungeons. Not much of story in it either, I think (I don't understand jap)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think this one will have much of a "world you could run around in" either, but they haven't shown any map screens. I think it'll be bigger on story though. Dhaos mentioned near the beginning of the game.... *thinks of Sekundes*