If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Spoilers?

AurianAurian MemberFull Members
edited December 2008 in Site & Forum Support
Well, seems like the spoiler button isn't working? I 've seen some people talk about some pretty spoilerific stuff (Persona 4 thread) without the spoilers.

I see the button for it here, even use it but...

<span class="spoiler">Although the spoiler tags show up when I am spoiling stuff</span>

... when I post it, the spoiler tags disappear and the spoiled stuff shows up.

Comments

• Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2008
    Well, seems like the spoiler button isn't working? I 've seen some people talk about some pretty spoilerific stuff (Persona 4 thread) without the spoilers.

I see the button for it here, even use it but...

<span class="spoiler">Although the spoiler tags show up when I am spoiling stuff</span>

... when I post it, the spoiler tags disappear and the spoiled stuff shows up.
    I see your spoilers just fine. Maybe it's your browser?
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Well, the board now allows for several template offerings. Herhaps some don't work with the spoiler bar. I know the default (one I'm using) is fine with the spoilers.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2008
    Well, the board now allows for several template offerings. Herhaps some don't work with the spoiler bar. I know the default (one I'm using) is fine with the spoilers.
    You hit the nail on the head. I just tried a different one, and lo and behold, the spoiler tags stopped working.

Use the RPGamer skin and it should work fine.

Edit: I checked all the skins, and RPGamer is the only one that works with the spoiler tag. Since the spoiler tag is custom-made for RPGamer's boards and not supplied by ikonForums, it would seem that the tag is linked into the skin, and those other skins have not been modified to use the tag.

For now, I would suggest just using the default RPGamer skin. I will send an email to dev regarding this issue. It may not be something we were intending to fix, but I can find out at least.

Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Also, You could try some modicum of self control. If you don't want to see spoilers, Don't read a thread dedicated to the game that you haven't played yet. Wait until you've played the game.

Hope that helps.
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Also, You could try some modicum of self control. If you don't want to see spoilers, Don't read a thread dedicated to the game that you haven't played yet. Wait until you've played the game.

Hope that helps.
    Yea. Especially if you don't plan on playing the game right away. Enough people will finish the game to the point where they forget about spoiling mid-game stuff too.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited December 2008
    Yes, its the skin. Thanks!

Well, the game is barely out yet, so I would hope people keep in mind that not everyone is playing it or as far along as they are.

Its hardly as if I am spoiling myself with FFVII stuff tounge2.gif