If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Gantor7x1Gantor7x1 New MemberFull Members
edited March 2003 in Site & Forum Support
Is there a way to get a DAoC Avatar? and i only have a selection of like 15 avatars and everyone has ones i cant even choose.

Comments

• The FireDragonThe FireDragon Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    That's because they got an own avatar.
    Got to this site
    http://www.gsarchives.com/
    or any other sprite sites
    And choose a animated or a non animated sprite. Then take that link and put it on "my own avatar"
    It's not very hard
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited January 2003
    Here's the place I got mine: [and he's poplar!]

http://server30.hypermart.net/neovivi/custom/

And no I don't know what happened to NeoVivi ok? He provided this neat avatar archive and I don't know where he went. He hasn't posted in ages!

If you download any to use them you'll have to upload yer avatar somewhere that allows direct linking(free webservers like Geocities don't work, try Inkfrog or Ranchoweb instead) And btw Neovivi's avatar archive allows for direct linking, so if you can get the full URL of the image ya want...you can use that.

Also right click on the avatars every body's using and hit "Show Picture" I don't know where half the people here get theirs. That's how you can see where you can get one.

And here's a screeny to show you where the spot is to put the full URL so u can use a custom avatar:

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/maryadavies/showitoyou.jpg

Just look at what the arrow is pointing at.

And I know where Shadowcat got his avatar. He made it(from a Lilly Pad Mew card scan) and since he's a mod on PTCO, he's allowed to use a custom avatar there...and direct link to it here.

[edit]:Added more info.
    [edit again]Got Ranchoweb to work. They must've been havin' some trouble. Also did some fixing so you can actually find Inkfrog.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • wyvernlordwyvernlord Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2003
    I crop and make my own wink.gif
  • The FireDragonThe FireDragon Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I almost forgot about this one.
    http://www.morbid.demon.co.uk/
    Do you see that dude with no mouth and eyes?
    I got my avatar from that site.
  • AlienaAliena Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I cropped and made my own picture too.

Boomspeed is another place that you can put your pictures too for image hosting.
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    How about places to get animations and not just pictures of characters? I want an animation full of colours and light, not a character/person/beast, etc.

And how exactly does the whole avatar thing work anyway?
    edited January 2003
    Woohoo!! I got one! Thanks you'all!!

...but I would still prefer the description I gave above.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited January 2003
    How do you guys put script underneath your avatar? I must have been gone too long to have missed this little new addition.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"How do you guys put script underneath your avatar? I must have been gone too long to have missed this little new addition.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Send a PM to Rico asking for one. At least, I think that's who I asked.

Question: I've been all around the internet looking for cool avatars. I've found quite a few I liked, but I copy their link to the avatar-link field in the control panel and I keep getting an error message saying "Sorry, this is not a valid link" or something. What am I doing wrong? It can't be illegal because I only look at the sites offering free animations. So, what gives?
    Note: this is a college server, so I can't download images, only link to them. If I did, the server erases the image at the end of the day.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adremmelech @ Jan. 30 2003,18:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"How do you guys put script underneath your avatar? I must have been gone too long to have missed this little new addition.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You do something special, and I give you a title. What the definition of special actually is is somewhat ambiguous and arbitrary...so you sorta have to post the right thing when I'm in a good mood, and you get a title. tounge.gif
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Apparently people aren't fond of reading announcements. Sending a PM to me requesting anything is pointless.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Apparently people aren't fond of reading announcements. ?Sending a PM to me requesting anything is pointless.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Wasn't that what we did before?

Edit: Just read the announcement. Man, nobody goes in there.
    I guess we have to ask LordBrian now.

• MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Truegamer, could you give a more detailed description of what kind of avatar you want? It sounds like something I could probably make if you wanted me to.
    edited February 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Truegamer, could you give a more detailed description of what kind of avatar you want? It sounds like something I could probably make if you wanted me to[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Remember the swirling mists at the beginning of FF: the Spirits Within? Something like that, only with rainbow colours and a ball of light-white-leading the mists. But really, you don't have to do that for me. Someone explaining why I couldn't pick certain avatars off the internet would be nice though.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited February 2003
    uh...I give a kicka-- backrub and foot massage. And I know the words to Space Oddity...backwards.

....do can I nothing there's and..
    blue is Earth Planet.....
    ....Moon the above far....
    can tin my round floating I am here

How bout that?
    edited February 2003
    You're lucky you don't have a title, because for that I would have taken it away.
  • AnjelikaAnjelika Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    if someone cannot find a site to upload avatars and sigs
    ask me and i?ll gladly upload them with mine smile.gif
  • MuneTeikaMuneTeika Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    Underlining text is just a way to know something that a person has done, or how people feel about them. I hardly pay attention to the little text underneathe titles. Offered I would accept, but it really makes little difference... I see no reason to aspire for it.
  • SinSin Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    http://www.rpgicons.com is also a pretty good place.
    Does anyone know of a good place to find FFX pics? I have never seen a pic of Sin anywhere.
    Walken1.jpg
  • Jade2fro2Jade2fro2 Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2003
    Nah, i don't really care about FFX except for the second FFX that's coming out, I think that they changend Tidus into a girl, and that Yana is an ex-summoner. But does anybody know about the FF11, cuz i don't exactly no if it's out yet? confused.gif
    edited February 2003
    In favour...
    Final Fantasy 12 will be great. But not yet should any one celabrate for it because we need to cheer for Final Fantasy eleven!
    On behalf do not get segurse from all the exclamasion marks!I am just so excited to get FF11! biggrin.gif ?biggrin.gif ?smile.gif ?smile.gif ?alien.gif ?alien.gif ?tounge.gif ?tounge.gif

(Paws: I felt better without my screen being stretched. Ahhh..much better&#33wink.gif

edited February 2003
    Can someone tell me how to get a pic under my name?
    tounge.gif
    edited February 2003
    Why has nobody replyed?
    confused.gif
    edited February 2003
    Man you guys are boring. You never responde to my big messages, like, well i don't no witch one but you are so getting on my nerves!! Type a response!!! PLEASEEEEE type a response! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
    edited February 2003
    When i responde the thing makes a new page well i do not respect how they treat me!!! i'd like to be on the same page as the others!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
    edited February 2003
    I have feelings and so do you why am i called a restricted member? huh why?!
    edited February 2003
    See im so mad im making a page full of just me typing, you probably think im an idiot!
    edited February 2003
    Good guess.
  • SinSin Member Full Members
    edited February 2003
    8 messages in one topic, and all in just under 20 minutes. That has to be a record of some kind.
    Never has I seen such impatience in a person. It usually takes at least an hour just to get a response to something, especially in this area, but not being able to wait one whole minute for an answer!

LB, even thought they were banned, they deserve a title of some kind.
    Walken1.jpg
    edited February 2003
    Excellent point. laugh.gif