If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2009 Completed Games List.

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    During a sequence near the end of MGS2, Revolver Ocelot, speaking to Fortune, talks about her "mindless self-indulgence."

That's what the entirety of MGS2 felt like, to me. Kojima's mindless self-indulgence.

On the plus side, MGS3 is shaping up to be superior, though I'm only about 2.5 hours in. I figured I'd better polish off the PS2 entries in the series before Persona 4 took over the system.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Well, one bit of good news about MGS3: the longest portion of dialogue is near the beginning when everything is being explained. So, if you didn't mind that, then you should enjoy the rest of the game. Oh, BTW, which version of MGS3 do you have? The original or the director's cut with the 3D camera?
  • ShponglefanShponglefan Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I've had MGS: Essential Collection on my Amazon wishlist since it was announced. This thread certainly isn't forcing me to up the priority of it's purchase...
    Can't speak for parts 2 and 3, but the first game is definitely overrated and has not aged well.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I've had MGS: Essential Collection on my Amazon wishlist since it was announced. This thread certainly isn't forcing me to up the priority of it's purchase...
    Can't speak for parts 2 and 3, but the first game is definitely overrated and has not aged well.
    Well the graphics haven't aged well, and the lack of first-person aiming definitely hurts the game, but I still find it a great stealth game, with the only overrated part being the story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited January 2009
    I got the Subsistence version that came with the Essentials collection.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
    edited January 2009
    We're talking about part 1. I don't think MGS Integral is in the Essentials collection, but Substance and Subsistance are, yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2009
    We're talking about part 1. I don't think MGS Integral is in the Essentials collection, but Substance and Subsistance are, yeah.
    Clix asked Jeff what version of MGS3 he was playing a few posts ago.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Hmm.. this sounds fun. I'll play too.

I hope to finish Prince of Persia and Star Ocean: First Departure this week.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2009
    Chrono Trigger (DS) - 1/5/2009
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited January 2009
    Hmm.. this sounds fun. I'll play too.

I hope to finish Prince of Persia and Star Ocean: First Departure this week.
    The great dragon adding to my thread? I am humbled. Heh.

What system did you finish Prince on? I assume 360, but I just wanna make sure for the list.
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I will finish on the PS3 smile.gif
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited January 2009
    yeah finish Pokemon colesseum for the Game cube yesterday, one game down way too much to go!
    Yeah it can become quite an addict to try to collect all those darm littles beasts!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
    edited January 2009
    Finished MGS3: Subsistence for the PS2 just now (Jan. 08).

Best entry in the series, by far, of the ones I've played. It eliminates a great deal of what made MGS1 and 2 so intensely frustrating, while simultaneously having a better story than MGS1. It was not without its missteps (timed boss fights are a big middle finger to the player), but they are easily overlooked in the (excuse the pun) solidity of the entire presentation.

Rating for the series so far:
    MGS3 >>> MGS1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> MGS2
    edited January 2009
    Ironically, I'd probably have the reverse for the series. It's not that I don't like MGS3.... it's more that we don't get along as I find it easily the hardest of the 3 (I played the GC remake of MGS1. I'm sure I would be saying the original MGS1 would be the hardest, since I can't aim at all without the first person mode).

• SundoulosSundoulos Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Dragon Quest IV DS on 1/02/09.

I started Professor Layton shortly afterword. After that, I'm moving on to Chrono Trigger DS.

I'd agree that MGS3 is the most fun to play. I was never able to finish it because the (used) disk I bought last summer turned out to be slightly smuged/scratched. The game always locks up during the CGI sequence at the end of the sewers. I've tried cleaning it, but no dice...can't get it to work. It's too bad; I've generally never had a problem with buying used games online.

Monster Hunter Tri ID: N49H18
    Monster Hunter Name: Sundolos
    Region: North America
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finished Persona 4 today. Yeesh, that game is too long.
    edited January 2009
    Since I've unlocked all of the characters and unlocked a huge chunk of the ultimate jutsu, I'll go ahead and say I've completed Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 for the PS2.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    Finished Persona 4 today. Yeesh, that game is too long.
    Nice to know others share that opinion. I thought the final 10 to 15 hours dragged.

Finished AWAY: Shuffle Dungeon for the DS. The review is written, but needs some self-editing and then other-people-editing before it goes up on the site.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2009
    Persona 4 just now.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Bioshock (PS3) is the first on my list. First time actually playing any version of the game all the way through.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    I think somebody needs to say something before FB goes insane.

This thread is for posting the games you have already completed. Only post the games that are already finished, not ones you're still playing or working on. It gets to confusing otherwise.

If you want to discuss what you're currently playing, we have a separate thread for that.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
    edited January 2009
    1/09/09: Dead Space, normal difficulty, first playthrough. Recommended for anyone who loves a good scare. It's like RE4, only with actual horror.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Donkey Kong Country 3 - SNES - 11/1/09

Add to finish off the trilogy. And I still don't know why i'm completing games I finishes ages a go. Probably because they are FUN.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited January 2009
    I think somebody needs to say something before FB goes insane.

This thread is for posting the games you have already completed. Only post the games that are already finished, not ones you're still playing or working on. It gets to confusing otherwise.

If you want to discuss what you're currently playing, we have a separate thread for that.
    OMGthankyouIloveyou.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I'm actually doing this on another site I frequent (with no shame about stealing the idea from FrozenB).

33 games thus far combined, although some of them are of questionable taste.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited January 2009
    (with no shame about stealing the idea from FrozenB)
    That's cool. I stole it from somewhere else last year too. Haha.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2009
    33 games thus far combined, although some of them are of questionable taste.
    Define "questionable" taste. Are we talking horrendously bad games or something else?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finished Fable 2 today. I had a lot of more fun with the game than my initial first impression would've led me to believe. Although, a little bit of the game does go a long way. I could see people playing it in very short chunks often.
    edited January 2009
    I had a lot of more fun with the game than my initial first impression would've led me to believe. Although, a little bit of the game does go a long way. I could see people playing it in very short chunks often.
    Ugh. I honestly think it's worse than Fable 1. I'm slogging through it just so I can mark it off, maybe sell it.
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I just beat Lost Odyssey for the 360 on January 9th. I really loved the game, despite the negativity it received from some people.
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
This discussion has been closed.