If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2009 Completed Games List.

Comments

• ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Well, believe it or not, I just beat Grandia last night for the PS last night. I've been sitting on the game for almost a decade, and I decided I'd better play it and finish it before I lost the technical ability to do so (i.e., before my PS and PS2 broke). It's nice to have that moldy oldy out of my backlog pile. smile.gif
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Complete Lego Star Wars: TCS(X360). A fun little diversion. It's automatically good because you can cut up Jar-Jar Binks and play as Boss Nass.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Just finished Fallout 3 (XBox 360)
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finally been able to complete Diablo with a sorcerer. Hell was hard with all those immunities and resistances against magic
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I refer to the fact that someone counts pasing one 'adventure' mode in a fighting game as complete.

Damnable 'open' meanings for completion of a game...

Don't know how many seasons i'll do of Premier Manager before i consider it complete. Maybe win the Top div as Hull.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I refer to the fact that someone counts pasing one 'adventure' mode in a fighting game as complete.

Damnable 'open' meanings for completion of a game...

Don't know how many seasons i'll do of Premier Manager before i consider it complete. Maybe win the Top div as Hull.
    Huh..?
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Just beat Fable II for the Xbox 360 on January 13.

Horrible game is unabashedly horrible.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • DQ5DQ5 Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    I just finished White Knight Chronicles on the PS3 and what a great game to start 09 off with the only problem is I know have to wait for the second chapter. sad.gif

date finished 1/13/09 at 9:10pm
    edited January 2009
    I finished X-Men Legends II: The Rise of Apocalypse on PSP just now (1-14-09). Fun game. I'm now much more excited to get my 360 back from Microsoft so that me and Jenna can start Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Quote: wrote:
    Don't know how many seasons i'll do of Premier Manager

Dude why are you playing premier manager, get football manager 09 or fifa manager 09, they are better games. also in fifaman you have to manage your personal life as well which is hilarious. "Oh man, I just won the premiership with villa but i forgot my wife's birthday and she's gonna leave me oh Holy Carp oh Holy Carp wait its okay ill buy a car that will make her happy right."

To stay on topic i have beaten FIFA 09 as much as it can be beaten (won the premiership three times with Luton town in manager mode. Became totally awesome in be a pro mode, pretty much beat every team with every other team on hard etc.)
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finished Prince of Persia for the Xbox 360 on January 15.

I was very happy with the game, and am looking forward to the next entry in the series.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Refer to other topic why I'm playing a GBA version of Premier Manager 05/06.

And before FB, was on why people count passing say Street Fighter as Ryu as completing the game. It aggrevates me.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited January 2009
    Actually, I've never gotten on anybody about passing a fighting game as just one character. I don't know where you're getting that from.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Been a pretty eventful week, as i've had a ton of gaming time. I went on a crazy retro gaming binge through nefarious means, and played through some of 360 games another time.

Sega Genesis:

Earthworm Jim
    Aladdin
    Comix Zone
    Vector Man
    Alien 3
    Boogerman
    Sonic 2
    Sonic and Knuckles
    Sonic 3D Blast (WOW, this was WAY more fun than I remember it being, now that I got used tothe awkward 3D controls)

SNES:

Mickey Mania (So much freaking nostalgia with this one)
    Killer Instinct (Glacius)

X-Box 360:

Prince of Persia (second playthrough to get the be gentle with her Achievement)
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finished Final Fantasy III today. (DS)
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Actually, I've never gotten on anybody about passing a fighting game as just one character. I don't know where you're getting that from.
    I personally wouldn't consider arcade style beat-em-ups as completed until you've beaten the game with every character. Or unlocked all the hidden characters.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2009
    Yeah. But I'd rather just leave the interpretation of `completed` up to the player instead of have rigid guidelines. If that's your definition? That's fine. Don't post a fighting game until you've done just that. If someone has beat the game with their favorite character and they don't want to go through with everybody else, that's complete to them.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Oh whooops. I misread your statement. Nevermind what I said since I agree "completed" status is different for everyone.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2009
    It's cool. I was just making myself clear is all.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2009
    1/16/09 - Completed "Triggerheart Excelica" (360) as Excelica. Goodness this game is frustrating.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2009
    Just one game so far: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii (1/14/09)

Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Just beat Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the DS.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finished Fallout 3 (X360) on the 13th. Incredible game. I'll probably lose my status as a Fallout fan for saying this, but it just edges out 2 as my favourite in the series. Flame away!
    edited January 2009
    I celebrated the return of my 360 by kicking the shenite out of Castle Crashers today! (1-19-09) Still love this gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
  • SundoulosSundoulos Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finished Professor Layton on 1/15... now I've moved on to Chrono Trigger DS. It will be the first time I've ever played any version of the game at length, so I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: I just got to the part where I found Robo in 2300 A.D. Did I just get Rickrolled by my DS?

Monster Hunter Tri ID: N49H18
    Monster Hunter Name: Sundolos
    Region: North America
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir: Easy and Normal modes - DS on 1/18/09

• 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    Finished Fallout 3 (X360) on the 13th. Incredible game. I'll probably lose my status as a Fallout fan for saying this, but it just edges out 2 as my favourite in the series. Flame away!
    I'm with you. Fallout 1 and 2 are excellent games, but I enjoyed Fallout 3 even more. Hence the 5/5 I gave it.

Finished Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on the PSP the other day. That was my first time playing VP1 and it was quite good.

The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    Just finished .hack//Infection (PS2). One down, three to go.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited January 2009
    1/22/09 Finished Shining Force II on the Virtual Console(Sega Genesis)

Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    Finished Fable 2 on the 360. Odd game. It wasn't what I was expecting, although I had trouble putting it down. I stayed up for 26 hours a couple of days ago, doing nothing but playing Fable 2. If I don't write a review in the next couple of days, I probably never will. That seems to be the way I work.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
This discussion has been closed.