If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2009 Completed Games List.

Comments

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Star Ocean: First Departure
    Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited January 2009
    1/24/09 - Tomb Raider Underworld (360), all difficulty sliders set to normal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Finished Chrono Trigger on my "simulated" Snes just now.

Found it a bit "meh" to be honest
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    Just beat .hack//Mutation (PS2)

I really dunno what to think about it compared to Infection. The length was roughly the same, maybe shorter (still too short), the gameplay was the same... One thing that bothered me is that there seemed to be a lot more enemies that needed to be dispatched with magic, which, given the horrible AI, was a bit irritating.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Well, get ready for Outbreak. It and Quarantine have a TON of Virus-Core hunting.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited January 2009
    OMG FINALLY beat The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)

Now I can finally get back to a normal life.

edited January 2009
    hehe, takes a while, doesn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited January 2009
    1/23 : Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP)
    1/24 : Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (PSP)
    1/25 : Prince of Persia (PS3)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Wow, someone had a busy weekend.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    1/25: Persona 4 True Ending
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited January 2009
    Wow, someone had a busy weekend.
    Yeah... I beat SO and then stayed up the next night hoping to win Itadaki. Today I was like "Chris, I gotta beat PoP tonight so I can have 3 games in 3 days." smile.gif
    Founder, RPGamer
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited January 2009
    I resent this topic.
    1/25/09 - Prince of Persia.
    179811.png
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, seeing sabin post in this topic is a little scary.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Does that also apply to when Mikel complete Disgaea 3? tounge2.gif
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2009
    Does that also apply to when Mikel complete Disgaea 3? tounge2.gif
    It was completed in November. I just need to write the review. Blame family and holidays for the initial delay... and meh after that. :x
    Founder, RPGamer
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Premier Manager 05-06 - GBA - 27/1/09

Well, I've completed 6 seasons, and basically made Hull FC one of the strongest clubs around (just working money up to get them a stadium upgrade. I honestly don;t know how much more I can do in it or it not to be completed.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Beat Prince of Persia xbox 360 sometime in early Jan.(just joined the boards). Also I see you're counting XBox Live games, how are you handling dlc? I'm thinking specifically of Fallout 3 and GTA 4 as I beat both in 2008, but will be downloading the Fallout 3 stuff as soon as I'm done posting here. Do those count as seperate games or part of the pre-existing game?
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited January 2009
    I would think that additional content for a released game would not be counted as beating a new game. smile.gif
    Founder, RPGamer
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    Added on DLC doesn't count, but if you restart a game from scratch and beat it again, that does count. So if you replay Fallout 3 for the DLC, feel free to tag it here.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited January 2009
    1/28/09: Farcry 2 (PS3), Normal difficulty, playing as Paul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2009
    Luminous Arc 2 (DS) - Completed
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Um, I don't see why full DLC wouldn't count.

"Operation Anchorage" is a whole different animal than the retail release of Fallout 3, so if you beat both, I'd imagine you could count both. Just like if you beat P3: The Journey and P3: The Answer.

User discretion, I suppose.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2009
    Um, I don't see why full DLC wouldn't count.

"Operation Anchorage" is a whole different animal than the retail release of Fallout 3, so if you beat both, I'd imagine you could count both. Just like if you beat P3: The Journey and P3: The Answer.

User discretion, I suppose.
    How long does Anchorage take to complete though? The Answer is a full 30 hour game on its own. The DLC in Fable 2, for example, only takes about 3 hours, and that's if you're going slow.

Edit: Also, just finished .hack//Outbreak (PS2). One left biggrin.gif

• FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited January 2009
    How long does Anchorage take to complete though? The Answer is a full 30 hour game on its own. The DLC in Fable 2, for example, only takes about 3 hours, and that's if you're going slow.
    Pretty much this. I mean Operation Anchorage only took me 3 hours (give or take) to finish. That's not alot of time in the grand scheme of Fallout 3.

I guess if someone wants to add it, They can add it. But I'd rather see the full game beaten with DLC.

Edit: Oh. I beat Braid again today (1-29-09) trying to get the speed run achievement. Failure.

edited January 2009
    Pretty much this. I mean Operation Anchorage only took me 3 hours (give or take) to finish. That's not alot of time in the grand scheme of Fallout 3.

I guess if someone wants to add it, They can add it. But I'd rather see the full game beaten with DLC.

Edit: Oh. I beat Braid again today (1-29-09) trying to get the speed run achievement. Failure.
    I think the key is to recognize the difference between an expansion and downloadable content. The Answer was an expansion, pretty much a new game by itself. The Fable 2 and Fallout 3, or even the Mass Effect DLC, are like downloading an extra map in an FPS. I would say, most likely, that the third Fallout 3 DLC, the one that's going to increase the level cap to 30 an expand the main story, could be counted.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited January 2009
    Quote: wrote:
    I guess if someone wants to add it, They can add it. But I'd rather see the full game beaten with DLC
    I'm just gonna go with this since FrozenBabylon started the thread. Besides I suspect I'll play through it again soon anyway because I'd like to do a bad karma run. Plus I level capped and still had locks I couldn't pick and computers I couldn't hack due to skill level, and I'd like to see what's on the other side of all of those doors.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • solosolo Dilettante Gamer Full Members
    edited January 2009
    1/29 Portal. It's much easier to finish when I can get more than 10 minutes at a time without my computer crashing.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    02/01 - Professor Layton and the Curious Village [DS]

• DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited February 2009
    I forgot to add this yesterday:

01/01 - Icewind Dale (PC), using the core rules with the expansion installed (although I haven't played though the expansion itself yet).
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Rhapsody and Ar Tonelico 2, working on Chrono Trigger for DS
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
This discussion has been closed.