If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2009 Completed Games List.

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2009
    Just finished one of the first non-RPGs I've played in a long time.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Psychonaughts for Xbox(1/31/09). A spectacular game, forgotten in obscurity. I'm launching an immediate replay.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2009
    2/6/2009 - Gears of War 2, Hardcore difficulty, no co-op assistance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited February 2009
    6/2/08: Triggerheart Exelica (XBLA)- Awesome fun, but I'm terrible at it.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2009
    I just finished Crackdown on the 360 (2-07-09). I love this freaking game.

And in the same day (2-07-09), I finished Dark Sector. It was pretty enjoyable.

• HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Final Fantasy 6 GBA, watching the credits roll right now. Gau take shortcut.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    Dragon Quest 5 DS. Review coming on 2/13.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Chrono Trigger DS and Orochi Warriors 2 for PS2
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    I just beat Persona 4 for the PS2 on the 11th of February.
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited February 2009
    God of War Chains of Olympus PSP normal difficulty
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited February 2009
    2/17/2009 - Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad (360), Normal difficulty, characters' average level: 50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    2/17/2009 - Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad (360), Normal difficulty, characters' average level: 50.
    Was that any good? It's cheap, So I thought about getting it for the lewlz...

I finished Retro Game Challenge in the wee hours of 2-17-09. I completed all the challenges there were. Mostly by cheating on the ones I could cheat on. I've yet to actually really complete Guadia Quest (I used the `Play credits now?` hidden old man.). But I fully intend to honestly finish it, since I've really enjoyed it.
    edited February 2009
    Quote: wrote:
    Was that any good? It's cheap, So I thought about getting it for the lewlz...

I've found myself enjoying the game immensely, and plan to play through it again on the hard difficulty now that I've unlocked it. I wouldn't go by professional reviews, however, as most seem to have made up their mind even before grabbing the controller.

And I definitely plan to get Retro Game Challenge now after that writeup. Sounds like a hella fine game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    Finished God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP). Good game, but the controls were awful. The PSP's analog stick was not meant to be used by any game, ever. And two buttons to use the single most important ability in the game (dodge)? WTF were they thinking.

Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Just finished Lost Odyssey for the 360.

....Holy crap. While the gameplay never really won me over, the rest of the game was superb. Honestly, if Mistwalker could take this creative attention to detail and then use the same level of detail their used for Blue Dragon's gameplay, I think they could finally get the attention they deserve. As the two 360 titles stand, they are both just one half of the whole that Mistwalker could potentially design.
    edited February 2009
    2/17/09 - Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii) - Aya's Story, normal difficulty, character level 22.

Awesome game, but has me pining for classic controller support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    And I definitely plan to get Retro Game Challenge now after that writeup. Sounds like a hella fine game.
    It was seriously excellent. Alot of awesome nostalgia in all the games played. And each one has it's own set of cheat codes that you get through in game gaming magazines. So awesome.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Did you find the GameGuadia yet? He does 340 damage with each hit.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2009
    It was seriously excellent. Alot of awesome nostalgia in all the games played. And each one has it's own set of cheat codes that you get through in game gaming magazines. So awesome.
    I haven't fired this up yet but I did read in one online review that some of the cheat codes weren't translated properly or something. Is that true?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Just beat Persona4 with the true ending. Also got everything, characters, costumes, etc. in DOA4.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    Finished Legacy of Ys: Books I & II on the DS. Review coming on 2/24.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    edited February 2009
    I haven't fired this up yet but I did read in one online review that some of the cheat codes weren't translated properly or something. Is that true?
    I never really had an issue. Then again, I used Gamefaqs for my cheats.
  • DQ5DQ5 Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    2/19 finished Flower a PSN game for the PS3 now looking foward to Nobi Nobi Boy another PSN game created by the developer of Katamari which should arrive on the PSN in a few hours from now.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    Just beat House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii). Awesome game, despite some hiccups with framerate and a jerky camera. Absolutely hilarious though. If you like the movie Planet Terror you have to play this game.

• solosolo Dilettante Gamer Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Just finished The World Ends With You, and I had to take it out of my DS to prevent myself from immediately starting in on the bonus content. So good.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    To go with my defense of Blue Dragon in the What Are You Playing Today Thread, I hereby declare Blue Dragon completed on Friday, February 20.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Just re-beat the first Suikoden for PS1 yesterday, on the 20th of February.

Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Persona 4(PS2)Standard ending. I'll try to get the True Ending now.

Edit: True Ending last night. Game is SPECTACULAR.

Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
    edited February 2009
    Just beat Chrono Trigger DS with a team of Crono, Magus, and Robo.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2009
    That's an interesting Lavos Execution Squad... O-o
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
This discussion has been closed.