If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2009 Completed Games List.

Comments

• Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2009
    That's an interesting Lavos Execution Squad... O-o
    It was actually extremely effective. And actually, they didn't just beat Lavos, they beat Black Omen too.

I had Crono equipped with heavy physical boosting stuff. +50% damage accessory and the sword with 80% crit chance. His normal attack was doing 1300 damage. Magus had the 25% mp use accessory and just spammed Dark Matter for 2200 damage, and Robo I had equipped with a Haste Helm and spammed Heal Beam. They devastated things.

If I play it again I'll keep using that team, I quite liked it.

Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Yeah the rainbow katana is pretty near broken with the insanely high crit rate.

My go to party for Lavos on the SNES was Crono, Marle and Ayla. Haste the party and just take down each section with the triple tech. Probably took a lot longer to kill with them than Dark Mattering everything to death wink.gif
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited February 2009
    I took the mage-team, as crazy as that might sound. I had Magus, Marle, and Lucca first buffer each other, and I proceeded to spam their tripple attack until I won. I threw in the occasional megaelixer when health was low.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Just finished the original F.E.A.R. for the Xbox 360 on February 25.

Good game, if a little difficult at times. The Replicas at the end could really take a crapload of hits before going down. I'll most definitely be playing Project Origin at some point, when the price drops.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2009
    Yeah the rainbow katana is pretty near broken with the insanely high crit rate.
    Worse yet is the critical rate for the Dreamseeker, which you get in the after game. It's crit rate is 90% compared to the Rainbow's rate of 70%... It's a monster.
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited February 2009
    I finished Chrono Trigger DS too. My team of choice was Crono, Ayla and Frog. I used Magus quite a bit as well.

EDIT: I also finished co-op Left 4 Dead at my friends house. I'm not a big fan of FPS games, but it was insanely awesome.

edited February 2009
    I'm not sure how, but I beat a Fire Emblem in a week, more or less.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the DS
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Finished "Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard" for the Xbox 360 on February 28.

Good game, made me laugh quite a bit. In my opinion, though, they really screwed up by not letting you go back and play some of Matt's earlier games.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • HeeHoHeeHo Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Is that Matt Hazard game akin to something like Serious Sam? Also, is it a retail release? Seems like it came out of nowhere...

Anyway, Beat Tales of Vesperia this morning. Out of Abyss and Symphonia, I think Vesperia is easily the best. Content-wise, that is.
  • SundoulosSundoulos Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Just beat Crono as well over the weekend...since everyone else is listing their end-game teams, I used Crono, Marle, and Frog.

Monster Hunter Tri ID: N49H18
    Monster Hunter Name: Sundolos
    Region: North America
    edited March 2009
    Just beat Crono as well over the weekend...since everyone else is listing their end-game teams, I used Crono, Marle, and Frog.
    Were you afraid of dying or something? Wimp tounge2.gif

@FB: Yeah that sword sounds nuts. Can't say I'm totally surprised... anything with a lower crit rate than the Rainbow sword wouldn't be nearly as good even if it had a higher power rating. Post-game equipment should feel incredibly powerful by nature.

And now I really want to kill the Reaper in Fes so I can get Monad access and get even better gear, I finally got a sword in P3 that is more powerful than Mjolnir sad.gif

• TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Um... i finished Neverwinter Nights 2 again, with an archer this time because I hate myself. I really ought to buy some new games.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited March 2009
    At least buy the expansions if you haven't already. Mask of the Betrayer is sublime.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I have MoTB. It's pretty awesome. Haven't picked up SoZ yet though.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    Finished Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume last night and started a New Game+, although I highly doubt I'll play it much longer.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    Finished Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Xbox 360). My team: Edge, Meracle, Myuria, and Arumat
    edited March 2009
    Will the review be up before the weekend comes to an end?
    edited March 2009
    Will the review be up before the weekend comes to an end?
    Probably. I'm going to bang it out tomorrow after work. If everything goes according to plan, it'll be posted tomorrow evening and I can get started on Avalon Code.
  • OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Finish pokemon emerald on the GBA
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Beat Chrono Trigger on 3/6/09. Lavos Execution Squad was Ayla, Chrono and Magus. Fun times.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2009
    3/6/2009 - Killzone 2, Veteran difficulty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • ACPACP A Crustacean in a Pot Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Finally put "Riviera: The Promised Land" (PSP) to sleep. For me, that kind of game is to be played in waiting rooms, long lines, and the like. Since I try to avoid those things, it's taken me a while to rack up the necessary play time. Cute little game, though.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited March 2009
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) a few days back.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • valsarvalsar Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    .Hack//Vol.2 about an hour ago. I'm not looking forwards to all the virus core grinding that needs to be done in the next two games.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    I totally forgot to mention I beat Revenant wings on 02.28.09
  • vortex566vortex566 Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Resident Evil 5 - 15/03/09
    Killzone 2 - 10/03/09

Beat Resistance 2 and Tomb Raider: Underworld but not sure of the dates.

I wonder if I will finish an RPG this year?
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    Beat Persona 3: FES [PS2] on 03/14/09. I only beat The Journey, and I'll play the Answer when I'm ready for my Persona-fix again. Awesome game, but I seriously need a break from it.
  • MiyosakaMiyosaka Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Finally got to play and beat MGS4 a couple weeks ago. I feel like I can die happy.
    thanks for reading
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Resident Evil 5 - 15/03/09
    Killzone 2 - 10/03/09
    The calender only has twelve months, Lee*. tounge2.gif

(*:Kidding, I know you crazy euros go day/month/year) smile.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited March 2009
    Beat Persona 3: FES [PS2] on 03/14/09. I only beat The Journey, and I'll play the Answer when I'm ready for my Persona-fix again. Awesome game, but I seriously need a break from it.
    Bah. I don't want to be the last person to finish this game! *cries*
This discussion has been closed.