If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The 2009 Completed Games List.

Comments

• StormofSwordsStormofSwords Crazed Bullet Miser Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Beat Chrono Trigger DS on on 3/13/09. This is an excellent example of a game that seems sort of 'meh', but when you stick with it, it becomes fantastic. Beat it with Crono, Marle, and Magus.

<span class="spoiler">Who was the kid Lucca found?</span>

Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Beat Chrono Trigger DS on on 3/13/09. This is an excellent example of a game that seems sort of 'meh', but when you stick with it, it becomes fantastic. Beat it with Crono, Marle, and Magus.

<span class="spoiler">Who was the kid Lucca found?</span>
    <span class="spoiler">She found Kid, the main female protagonist of Chrono Cross. They added that scene into the PS1 port of CT to better connect the two stories. The amulet is also the tool upon which Surge can jump between diminsions. Kid is probably one of the few Chrono Cross character that's very finely characterized.</span>
  • Terror of DeathTerror of Death Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    I beat Suikoden II for the PS1 on the 12th. Finally, I've completed all of the Suikoden games. I just recently was able to afford a copy of Suikoden II.

Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited March 2009
    17/3/09: The Temple of Elemental Evil (PC)

Played it with the Circle of Eight mod that fixes most of the bugs/script errors, adds new content to bring the game more in line with the original module and generally makes the game much more difficult. The result is one of the best DnD experiences ever, despite several notable shortcomings. If only Troika had released the game in a semi-playable state to begin with we might have gotten another game based on this wonderful engine.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Beat Persona 3: FES [PS2] on 03/14/09. I only beat The Journey, and I'll play the Answer when I'm ready for my Persona-fix again. Awesome game, but I seriously need a break from it.
    Bah. I don't want to be the last person to finish this game! *cries*
    I haven't played FES in like months. I have the distinct feeling you'll get around to it faster than I, at least.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    (*:Kidding, I know you crazy euros go day/month/year) smile.gif
    Most of the world uses this format tounge2.gif
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited March 2009
    But it's oh so ugly, unlike your metric system. You know, even if it does make more sense that way.
    edited March 2009
    I like the metric system, but I have to say that dates look pretty darn weird that way. I like to know what month I'm in first, then we can pin-point the day and year.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Most people I know say April 1st, not 1st of April. So month first feels more natural to me.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    Remember, remember, the Fifth of November.
    edited March 2009
    Yes, but that's necessary for the rhyme and meter.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, only time I ever hear it dd/mm/yy is when people are speaking Spanish, owing more to the structure of the language (El diez y seis de marzo). In English, dd/mm/yy sounds bloated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    Finished Final Fantasy I on the GBA today. Whoo! I'm going to try and give FFII a chance, but I'm already struggling to enjoy the system. Mind you, I'd probably like it better if I had played any of the FF: Legend/SaGa games. :/
    edited March 2009
    Major tips for II:
    -Don't really both too much with magic. Focus on obvious ones like Cure, Life, and Esuna and give them to Guy and Firion. They have the best spirit from the get-go. Also work on the three elemental spells with Maria (highest intelligence at go). Note: Holy and Ultima are White Magic, so give them to either Guy or Firion. Maria should use Flare. All other magic is fairly extraneous.
    -Equipment: Maria's bow compliments black magic, so focus on being an archer/black mage. For the guys, I'd make Guy a tank. Give him a shield. It'll hurt attack but make him pretty much impossible to wound. Firion... Well, just have fun, really. I'd say use swords, since you'll want to use the Blood Sword against the Emperor.
    -Training: Sadly, the smack-yourself-in-the-head trick does work far too well. Just check out a guide for some cheats on stats. Other than that, the game is sort of fun. Or it is in my warped nostalgia.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited March 2009
    The NES version was also broken... you could cancel out the action and still get credit towards the stat/skill. So it was less "beating yourself up" and more "a a a b b b" ad naseum.

Besides, can't you tweak the exp gain rate or something in the GBA version?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2009
    Just completed Avalon Code (DS) Expect a review fairly soon.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2009
    3/18/2009 - 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (PS3) - Normal difficulty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • HK-47HK-47 Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Disgaea DS, took about 90-100 hours on my first run. A large amount of that time was spent in the Item world; upgrading items and getting items that make my other ones seem like useless junk.

Sonic Rush, completed early on, and I have nearly all the Chaos Emeralds (The final stage to get the last one is beyond my skill).

Come to think of it, those are about the only two games that's been in my DS for a while.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited March 2009
    I finished Phantasy Star Portable today (3-19-09). Enjoyable and addicting.

Also, I'll be updating the list soon. Sorry I haven't gotten around it.

• kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Beat Final Fantasy 6 Advanced for the GBA on 3/22/09. I had a team of Terra, Celes, Gogo and Edgar at the end.

edited March 2009
    Wow! You hacked your copy of FFIV to get Terra, Celes, Gogo, and Edgar? Also, why didn't you take a 5th party member? Was it part of the hack? tounge2.gif
    edited March 2009
    See what happens when I post while sick. I must have finishing up Final Fantasy 4 on the brain. *sighs*

Esit: Mistake fixed. *goes to sniffle all over random people*

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Resident Evil 5 on 3/20, I believe.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited March 2009
    I see Frozen's managing to keep on top of his list....

I should go update the one I'm managing.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited March 2009
    Beat Star Ocean: First Departure for the PSP.
  • DQ5DQ5 Member Full Members
    edited March 2009
    Finished Demon's Souls on 3/23 at 2:36am.
    Awesome game most own for anyone looking a challenge.
    edited March 2009
    I see Frozen's managing to keep on top of his list....

I should go update the one I'm managing.
    I said on the last page that I was sorry that I haven't gotten to it and that I'd be doing it soon. lrn 2 read moar.

Life takes precedence.

edited March 2009
    Beat Phantasy Star Universe today (3-23-09)

Also, List is updated. Hence the bump/double post.

• bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited March 2009
    (Well considering I have hardly passed any games, i ave hardly checked the topic. Hence the missed post.
    Though Suikoden Tirkas seems to be a likely contender to first games passed this year that was released within the last 3.)

Edit: Seems I forgot to post Donkey Kong: Jet Race, for the Wii, which i passed late january.
    I wonder if anyone else noticed I havn;t passed a game since then.... Naaah.

http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited March 2009
    Beat The Legend of Zelda on the GBA, on 3/24/09. It was one of the classic NES series they produced before the GBA died.
This discussion has been closed.